Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: stefan]
    #4726936 -

Has the 3rd Shpongle album been released yet??? :crazy2:


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: chinacat72]
    #4727478 -

chinacat72 said:
Has the 3rd Shpongle album been released yet??? :crazy2:




Yeah man, like two months ago. Check it out, the price dropped to just 10 bucks from the original 30. I dont like some of the songs on the album and think they should have waited on the release to improve them,  but nontheless, a gem in the psy-trance world.

Molecular Superstructure...so good :drooling:


--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Fospher]
    #4727512 -

Whats the name of it?


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: chinacat72]
    #4727532 -

Never mind I just found it.


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: chinacat72]
    #4727538 -

chinacat72 said:
Whats the name of it?



Nothing Lasts...but Nothing is Lost
(or get it from iTunes)


--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Fospher]
    #4727640 -

wow, that nissan commercial with the BoC song was pretty trippy. It strangly did the song justice, despite the corperateness of nissan.

I honestly don't blame any artist for selling their music for commercials. Gotta make a living...

oh, and since when is a counter-culture supposed to be permanently opposed to the mainstream? Isn't the whole point of the counter-culture to change the mainstream? How do you expect assimilation NOT to happen, and why is it such a bad thing? Because once everyone else "starts doing it" then it makes you less cool and unique? Get over it! :whatever:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: stefan]
    #4729089 -

"I just saw another commercial and it's definitely shpongle."

Don't be too sure..... Almost half of that 2nd album is made from samples.

I recently saw a commercial that had the same horns as My Head Feels Like A Frisbee, but learned long ago that the horns from My Head Feels Like A Frisbee were taken from some old spanish morning show called "Morning Live" or somethin. On the Shpongle CD, they add in smaller little parts and overflow it later with their own bits of horn and other audio, but the underlying "riff" is taken directly from the intro to this old spanish show.

Also don't leave out the possibility that many of the sound engineers working for corporations these days on their commercials could have been trippers and into Shpongle-type stuff (Its not far-out to think that your average sound-engineer would be very impressed with Shpongle's absurdly hi-fi sounds) and are looking to emulate it for the public enrichment.


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Strumpling]
    #4729451 -

woah.. Strumpling? haha where the hell have you been? hey brotha

or where the hell have i been, one of the too...

I just heard 2 BoC songs mixed together during one of those short radio spots advertising for the station, ya know, with really fast changes and weird effects on voices and whatnot to keep your attention while they say the call letters.

i was sad. then i was happy. then i punched a baby (no not really)


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: dr0mni]
    #4733321 -

dr0mni said:
I honestly don't blame any artist for selling their music for commercials. Gotta make a living...

oh, and since when is a counter-culture supposed to be permanently opposed to the mainstream? Isn't the whole point of the counter-culture to change the mainstream? How do you expect assimilation NOT to happen, and why is it such a bad thing? Because once everyone else "starts doing it" then it makes you less cool and unique? Get over it! :whatever:



:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: stefan]
    #4733776 -

really people, who gives a flying fuck?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: dr0mni]
    #4736429 -

dr0mni said:
oh, and since when is a counter-culture supposed to be permanently opposed to the mainstream? Isn't the whole point of the counter-culture to change the mainstream? How do you expect assimilation NOT to happen, and why is it such a bad thing? Because once everyone else "starts doing it" then it makes you less cool and unique? Get over it! :whatever:



well, consider the word "counter-culture." In definition, it will always "counter" the mainstream. I do not think the "whole point of the counter-culture" is to change the mainstream - who said so? I think a big point is to simply counter, to simply be outside, an alternative. So as long as what Mckenna termed the "dominator culture" exists, there will be a counter-culture - always has been, always will.

I consider myself a member of the counter-culture & I have little interest in changing the mainstream - whatever that means. I am interested in evolving personally and helping those whom I love. I harbor no utopian dreams.

Assimilation takes what is radical & different and sells it back to you with all that was radical stripped away. Bad? Not necessarily. I am not a fan of things I love being raped & pilaged. I am not a fan of creative expression devolving into commerical jingles. I do not take artists who sell-out (or agree to be sold) seriously. I lose interest in things I love or respect being cheapened to hock dumb products of the throw-away culture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4736486 -

sure understandable, but still, you (and I'm not saying YOU directly) find security and group identity in being "different" from the "mainstream". But when the counter-culture starts to be reflected in the mainstream then your carefully constructed identity starts to crumble. You're no longer different, and you don't know who you are because of it.

Since the 60's, the mainstream wouldn't be the mainstream without a counter-culture. Rebellion, in most cases, is just another clique, another social-status.

Being different is just one more way to jerk ourselves off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: dr0mni]
    #4736513 -

so what? whats wrong with being different?

being a peaceful and intelligent person is just another way to jerk yourself off, right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4736547 -

bi0 said:
so what? whats wrong with being different?

being a peaceful and intelligent person is just another way to jerk yourself off, right?



yeah, basically...

I mean I know I get a huge ego trip out of being smart, humble, and respectful!

nothing wrong with being different, I mean everyone's different... but that's why being different doesn't make you special.

"You're unique, just like everyone else..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: dr0mni]
    #5532721 -

i can't see any reason for shpongle to do such a thing. they are an incredibly successful group, each member of which has their own incredibly successful acts... and between Twisted the label, Hallucinogen, 1200mics, TIP; i just can't imagine them really needing, nor wanting, to sign a track over to an ad campaign. it just doesn't make sense, and for all the already-mentioned reasons about sampling and cloning of tracks (ever hear the Garnier shampoo ads?) i'm disinclined to believe that the song in question is one of theirs.

i'll ask Ott and he'll ask Simon then it will all be clear :wink: :smile:

[edit: although in principal and as a musician, i think people get pilloried for 'selling out' far too easily... ref: Tool 'Hooker With a Penis' and Reel Big Fish 'Sell Out']

Edited by aeonsound (04/19/06 08:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: aeonsound]
    #5533071 -

To me, selling out is when you purposefully change your sound to become commercially viable / mainstream, and then start letting the record labels / marketers / focus groups / etc / etc telling you what to do, what to sound like, what to look like, where to go, what to say.

If you have a good song, and a record company approaches you to say ?Hey, mind if we use your song??, as long as its not promoting a product that the artist is opposed to ? I don?t see why not.

If I had a song, and some car company offered me a heafty sum to play it in a commercial ? I wouldn?t say no.

Now, if I had a record label come up to me and said ?hey, we kind of like your stuff - but, could you change your sound to fit this, dress like this, style your hair like that, give these answers to questions in interviews, and give us your first born ? then we?ll give you money?, I?d give them the finger.

As long as the artist is staying true to their sound/vision I don?t see a problem with licensing the song to be used in commercials / movies / tv shows / video games / whatever. The more money they can get for their music = the more time they can spend working on their music, as they are able to sustain their life creating music without having to resort to part-time jobs to pay the bills.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Could NORMAL do a TV commercial?
( 1 2 all )
GreasyGrassRiver 4,137 24 06/21/22 12:04 AM
by gamergod88
* . z_x_x_z 1,353 14 09/06/05 02:44 AM
by knumb
* Shpongled at Last, Thank God, Shpongled at Last!
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 9,679 50 01/10/05 01:51 PM
by Vvellum
* I can't f'n stand tv when high... TheLightIsOn 1,477 10 09/12/05 08:58 PM
by schmektron
* the new Shpongle OneMoreRobot3021 772 13 06/15/05 11:12 AM
by dnL
* Sappy music in movies and TV shows RandalFlagg 1,302 13 10/10/05 11:50 AM
by barfightlard
* TV is going to steal our lives! Jim 2,355 19 09/30/04 12:09 AM
by Skikid16
* Yellow Submarine parody used in commercial LearyfanS 3,988 14 03/11/03 06:18 PM
by djfrog

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,848 topic views. 1 members, 11 guests and 96 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.