Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep
    #4456581 - 07/26/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm soaking the wbs now and I'm preparing the jars once it's done 2morrow morning. Does everything need to be sanitized (tyvek, poly fit..etc). If so what's the best method to do it, the teks don't really provide any means. Thanks!

Edited by Newbie (07/26/05 05:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep [Re: Newbie]
    #4456718 - 07/26/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It all gets STERILIZED when you PC. So, no need to do anything special.

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep [Re: agar]
    #4457195 - 07/26/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Now when I prepare the jars do I use a phillips head screw driver to make 2 holes one for GE and one for inoculation? How exactly do I assemble the lids of the jars?

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep [Re: Newbie]
    #4457327 - 07/26/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Do you fill the WBS 1/2 in a 1pint jar? I have Tyvek as my filter.
The way I have read is. Lid,filter,ring. when you inoculate put a tape over the hole. I think this is right.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep [Re: thremix]
    #4457351 - 07/26/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Lid, filter, ring? How would you know where your inoculation hole is? :frown:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinenonphixion
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4457353 - 07/26/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thremix said:
Do you fill the WBS 1/2 in a 1pint jar? I have Tyvek as my filter.
The way I have read is. Lid,filter,ring. when you inoculate put a tape over the hole. I think this is right.

The tape is already supposed to be over the hole when you PC it, so it kills any contams on it... then you peel it back and inoculate after the jars cool down for a few hours.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep [Re: nonphixion]
    #4457378 - 07/26/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So do you look through the glass to see where the hole is, and put the tape on the tyvek over where the hole is?then after the cook puncture the tyvek with the needle to inoculate? :confused: i only know the poly fill way.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4457475 - 07/26/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would use tyvek. It's like filter paper, so it's much better then cotton/Polly-fill.OK So let me get this strait. You put the lid on the tape on the lid holes, tyvek on top of that, then the ring on top of that? After you inoculate you put more tape on the tyvek? If both holes have tape on them then how would they get air exchange?

--------------------

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #4457494 - 07/26/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I dont know man, im asking questions too. I only use poly filters. I like them because they work perfect for me. But i feel like changing because tyvek seems easier to install, and plus i got enough to wrap a damn house in for free :thumbup:.

Will anyone tell us a sound way of installing the tyvek filter? I read Annos thread, but it doesnt show how to make it . Anno uses a flow hood so he dont need a small inoculation hole like us.

--------------------

Edited by Psychoslut (07/26/05 09:07 PM)

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4457515 - 07/26/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

lol I am having a crack at WBS. I'll pm you right now. I would like to talk to some one that is going throught what I am going through.

--------------------

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4457531 - 07/26/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Never mind lol

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #4457544 - 07/26/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

WBS is really easy. The idea is to germinate the endospores a solid 24 hours. Then rinse them in hot water in a colander. Simmer it for 20 mins and then drain for 45 mins. If you have a big problem with the grain opening, or you dont feel like standing over the stove, just bring it to a boil and let it soak in hot water for 45 mins, they will expand big time.

--------------------

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

#4457545 - 07/26/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What I do with my jars (quart sized by the way)... is fill them up about 4/5 of the way full (to leave room for shaking), then put the tyvek on, then put the lid on, then put the ring on, and then put some tin foil over all of it and press it against the side so it's all nice and snug... some say it's not needed, but meh it's just how I do it.

For the lid, yes one hole for GE and one for inoculation.  I highly suggest using some sillicone to create a resealable inoculation hole.

As for shaking, I prefer to do it three times.  Once right when it gets out of the Pressure Cooker, once right after inoculation, and once when the jars are about 25% colonized (helps spread it around).  But after that I wouldn't shake anymore, as it could cause the myc. to stall.  Oh, and when you inoculate, be sure to wait a good 24 hours after they are out of the PC, because sometimes even though the outside of the jar feels cool, the inside could still be hot enough to mess up the spores.

Let us know how it's going! :smile:

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Re: Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep [Re: Onetwothree]
    #4457595 - 07/26/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What is "simmer"? What's the act of simmering? LoL also where would one get colander? How long should one PC grains for in 10psi? Should I PC twice just to be sure? If one where to do a 1pint WBS jar with Karo myc. How long would it take as appose to spores?

--------------------

Edited by thremix (07/26/05 09:23 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Soaking WBS, ?'s about jar prep [Re: Onetwothree]
    #4457604 - 07/26/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So two holes, one for gas exchange and the other smaller hole for inoculation. When you inoculate you just poke a hole in the tyvek, squirt spores, then tape the needle hole?

--------------------

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4457609 - 07/26/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have the rubber vacumm tub tops. Would that work?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #4457611 - 07/26/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Simmer is in between really hot water, and boiling. Its when you only see a boil bubble every once in a while.

Colander is the thing you put mac and cheese in to get the water out.  :grin: its just a big bowl with hundreds of holes in it to let water drain.

Rubber tub top, is that a technical mycological term lol, i never heard of it.

--------------------

Edited by Psychoslut (07/26/05 09:26 PM)

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4457622 - 07/26/05 09:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

OK so I just put the WBS in a big pot of "simmering" water? I know what a colander is I just don't know what section at walmart it will be in.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #4457653 - 07/26/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

No

1. let the bird seed soak in room temp water 24 hours.

2. Drain the soak water out with a colander and rinse the grain in tap water.

3. Get some water simmering on the stove, dump in the bird seed.

4. Stir it every 5 mins for 20-30 mins.

5. The seed will soak up lots of water, lowering the level in the pot.

5. Drain the water logged simmered seed in the sink in a colander 30-45 mins.

6. Load your jars half-3/4 full and construct a filter the way we are trying to figure out now :grin:.

7. Pressure cook 15 psi 90 mins.

--------------------

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

#4457660 - 07/26/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah that would work also.. I just prefer to sillicone seal them because it's easier for me.  But yeah taping it would be fine... or use a bandaid, since they are pre-sterilized :smile: The main thing is you don't want that hole in the tyvek to be exposed to open air because contams could get in during the colonization.

Soaking gets in water and germinates endospores.... Simmering gets in water and also germinates endospores.  And note, that SIMMER means like on medium-low heat, a low boil.  Not like raging hot boiling water.. just a light simmer with bubbles coming up here and there.

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds