Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePuffinSmoke
Jars getting air Upsidedown lid
    #663055 - 06/04/02 04:33 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

This is my first first time trying to grow these so i am quite the newbie. I was reading different posts talking about having the lids on upside down to allow air flow. Can someone please elaborate on this. I boiled my jars in a pot for 1.5 hours. I put the lids on normal. i did not know air flow was needed for them to grow. Can someone please explain this to me.

--------------------
"But in the long run these, drugs are probobly gonna catch up sooner or later, but fuck it i'm on one"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebassplayer74
old hand

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Jars getting air Upsidedown lid [Re: PuffinSmoke]
    #663097 - 06/04/02 05:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Sometimes growth in the jar will stall if there isn't a little gas exchange. You'll probably be alright though. If they seem to stall out at some point then loosen the lid a little and break the seal. Then keep the band loose. As long as you have a nice layer of dry verm on top you'll be ok.

--------------------
If you will it, it is no dream.

Offlineanonymoushate

Re: Jars getting air Upsidedown lid [Re: PuffinSmoke]
    #663098 - 06/04/02 05:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

As with any organism, resources are used, and excreted, see: waste. Oxygen is vital to the growth of these fungi, and as the fungus uses avavlible oxygen, it must be replenished. Many people claim you must put the lids on upside down, but I have found this to lead nowhere but contamination. As long as you have the holes in the lids, some amount of oxygen is going to be pulled into the jars. The best way to bypass this trouble is to use filter discs. MicronMagick has them, as does BoxTop? BoxTop (I think he's the vendor who has the filters as well) uses Tyvek for filters, which does allow oxygen to enter the jars, and keeps contaminants out, but Tyvek is generally too restrictive to air flow. Pick whatever you want, Polyfil, Tyvek or Micron Magick's filter discs, they all do the same thing generally, allow fresh air to enter the jars, and filter out contaminants. Using a filter of some sort will eliminate the problems associated with the jars getting enough oxygen. Hope this helps.

--------------------
All text in the above message, expressed or implied, is fiction.

OfflinePuffinSmoke
Re: Jars getting air Upsidedown lid [Re: anonymoushate]
    #663155 - 06/04/02 06:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

thx guys very helpfull.

--------------------
"But in the long run these, drugs are probobly gonna catch up sooner or later, but fuck it i'm on one"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies