Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
fan drying shrooms
    #443936 - 10/31/01 09:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have a rather small (8 inch) two speed fan. I plan on fan drying my shrooms before throwing them into the dessicant chamber. I tried cutting a bunch of little holes on the bottom of a shoe box and placing that on top of the fan. The air circulation just didnt seem like it was good enough. I've come up with two ideas:

1. Place the fan on top of the shoe box running at full speed down ontop of the shroom for a good 36hours.
2. Cutting one massive hole in the bottom of the shoe box, laying that ontop of the fan, and havint that blow full speed up onto the shrooms.

Which do you think would be best? Also, do I have to worry about flipping the shrooms over at all? Also, what are your experiences with different types of dessicant. I've heard kitty litter works good, is cheap, and is very reusable?

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Deleted [Re: phrozendata]
    #443944 - 10/31/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Content Removed.

Edited by Jared (04/01/04 01:07 AM)

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fan drying shrooms [Re: Jared]
    #443948 - 10/31/01 09:21 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That didnt seem to help, but thanks anyways.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fan drying shrooms [Re: phrozendata]
    #444071 - 10/31/01 11:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Lets try again...

--------------------

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #444076 - 10/31/01 11:07 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ok. It seems to be working (or not) now. I posted it and it never showed up on the main page (weird) and I could only find it when searching for it.

--------------------

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #444116 - 10/31/01 11:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

thats what i do!! but i use a big dorittos box... dry them till there like peanut shells!! good to go!!!!! takes about a day for cyans a few days for animita ,,,cubies never tried drying out before but probley the same as amanitas

Edited by LCid (10/31/01 11:42 PM)

OfflineDaydreamer
journeyman
Loc: Vermont
    #444435 - 11/01/01 06:10 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

my pet mongoose's trainer was at the point of picking the shrooms before finding a way to dry them, so in bumming about the house, she found a really cool way to do it. take a spaghetti strainer, set it in a box that is as wide as the strainer, and a little longer, and a bit deeper. the handles onthe strainer will hold it up, and then take an ordinary oscillating (make it not oscillate) fan and put it face down in to the strainer. (you may have to rest the bottom on something... easily done. works incredibly well, and only takes up the space of about 2 stacked shoeboxes. i.e. very easy to hide.

Offlinerooster
journeyman
Re: fan drying shrooms [Re: Daydreamer]
    #444600 - 11/02/01 09:40 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i don't know about fan drying but i've heard the best cheap dessicant is epsom salt. if you just bake some epsom salt until it's rocky and completely dried out it'll have your shrooms like crackers in no time.

OfflineDaydreamer
journeyman
Loc: Vermont
Re: fan drying shrooms [Re: rooster]
    #444865 - 11/02/01 02:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, but if you want to be sure that it works, fan dry for 1 day before putting into dessicant chamber.. thank god for 12 hour work shifts, at least i'm not looking at the shroomies every 15 minutes

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: fan drying shrooms [Re: Daydreamer]
    #444963 - 11/02/01 04:30 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You have to understand, I'm not a total newbie with this stuff. I know about epson salts, dessicant, dririte, kitty litter etc. I know to fan dry for 24 hours before dessicant drying. I think I have worked out a good fan drying method. Also, what do you guys find works as a good, reusable dessicant? I'm thinking of going with some kitty litter at this point.

--------------------

Offlineaenima
Loc: UK
    #445452 - 11/03/01 05:18 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

pick shrooms
bake epsom salts high 40 mins
put in container
put mesh screen on e. salt
put in mushrooms
2 days later 100% dry.

epsom salt, price, very cheap
reuseable, yes.

any reason for not using it? no.

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale