Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblenot2sure
journeyman
Loc: west coast
dried shrooms turned dark? are they still ok?
    #805068 - 08/08/02 05:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hey all,
its been a while since i last posted but, a friend just finished with some pans cyans, and tried drying them. she thought they were dried but she thought wrong...she ziplocked them and noticed a day or two later that they were much more moist than originally expected and the lightly colored shrooms turned a darker brown. are they still good? they dont smell funky, other than a more heavy shroomy smell. she would just like to know before she consumes some bad shrooms!

thanks
not2sure

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: dried shrooms turned dark? are they still ok? [Re: not2sure]
    #805076 - 08/08/02 05:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh boy... Heavy shroomy smell... a bad thing... You've definately lost potency. Chances are they're edible, but probably not what you'd expect from properly dried ones.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
Re: dried shrooms turned dark? are they still ok? [Re: not2sure]
    #805118 - 08/08/02 06:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

same as above. when drying, shrooms tend to look and feel dry on the surface, but underneath they are still moist. my neighbor's cat dries in front of a fan, then stores the product on a dinner plate open in the freezer. (don't ask me how she opens the freezer) it is an automatic defrost freezer. there is no significant degradation once it gets to the freezer. for longer term storage, she sometimes takes them out and runs them in front of the fan again until they are crispy, then she ziplocks them. I don't know how she gets them into a ziplock bag without filling the bag with holes. the shrooms you have are probably safe to eat

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation