Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Personal Re-Integration *DELETED*
    #4407790 - 07/15/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by dblaney

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Personal Re-Integration [Re: dblaney]
    #4407860 - 07/15/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I was thinking of integration and then I found this thread. 

When I return from a psychedelic trip, I'm not looking for something to take back.  I don't expect to take anything back.  I only seek to experience.  Every experience you have, including psychedelic experiences, become part of who you are.  Within each and every experience we humans have, there is something to be learned.  If you can accept the trips you have as valuable and VALID experiences, then you are free to consider the personal meaning they might have had in your life. 

Integration can be difficult with these drugs, which is why the mods and admin are now discussing a Trip Reports forum, to help with this vital aspect of the entire psychedelic experience.  Writing down a trip, reliving each heart-racing moment, can assist in the integration process.  You may unveil details in your memory or look at a point in the trip with new eyes by simply encouraging yourself to recall it on paper. 

You have to remember that an experience is also just another experience.  What you make of it is *solely* up to you. 

For me, what helped integration was redefining my focus on the Now.  I shut down my evaluating, critiquing, analyzing side and became a passive observer of my own life. I came to realize that the trip does not stop when the drug ends.  That the test is ungoing, that the challenge of experience still remains.  I've tried to realize that I am the steps I take on this journey, and that there is only one Journey that truly matters. 

I'm not perfect...sometimes I get caught up in my own mental dramas like any other person. 

But I what I'm trying to say is...maybe you should stop looking for something more in your trips.  Just let it happen.  Maybe accept them just as interesting experiences, maybe look to the experience as teachers.  It's up to you, really.  But I think not expecting anything and recalling trips through writing can help. 

I hoped I helped...I just woke up and am  :stoned:

Good luck in your travels

:heart:

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Personal Re-Integration [Re: MOTH]
    #4408065 - 07/15/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You make some great points. I'm going to have to keep them in mind.

However, the one problem I have with just experiencing the Now is that if one entirely just experiences the now, they would become an utterly passive blob. There has to be some degree of interaction between yourself and your environment and its inhabitants. And the problem then seemingly becomes how to interpret the interactions and their outcomes.

And actually, what you said just made sense in that context, because why would one NEED to make such interpretations? It would be more appropriate to accept them as happening or have happened, and go from there. Or am I misinterpreting what you said?

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Personal Re-Integration [Re: dblaney]
    #4408123 - 07/15/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:

And actually, what you said just made sense in that context, because why would one NEED to make such interpretations? It would be more appropriate to accept them as happening or have happened, and go from there. Or am I misinterpreting what you said?

No, that is it!  You can drive yourself up the wall trying to intrepret or analyze every single little thing that happens. But when you are busy interpreting or evaluating, you are not experiencing. 

You interact with your experiences, you become the experiences, you absorb them.  Integration comes with time, when you are able to process the experiences into dialogues that makes sense to you.  This is why writing can help.  My life got a lot easier when I began living...slower.  Instead of getting absorbed in the whys, nows, and hows of everything, I took in every experience like it was fresh.  In other words, I dedicated myself to every new experience instead of worrying about how I was going to integrate past experiences.  That is what living in the Now means to me.  Not getting throttled by the past, present or future, simply floating from moment to moment and finding acceptance for everything. 

The integration comes naturally if you keep from getting ensnared in the details and just go with the flow of life. 

Or at least, it does for me. 

It's a very funny thing..."You have to go forward to go back." -Willy Wonka  :smile:

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Personal Re-Integration [Re: MOTH]
    #4408263 - 07/15/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I got a similar message out of Don Juan (Castaneda's books). (great series btw)

Anyways, great advice, so much thanks :smile:

--------------------

- John Mayer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale