Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training
    #4407404 - 07/15/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training 7/14/2005
By Robert Knight

Group goes to court in California, Kentucky to promote the ?gay? agenda in schools.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is suing school districts in California and Kentucky in an attempt to force them to conduct mandatory homosexual appreciation sessions for students and staff.

In south Los Angeles, the ACLU of Southern California, along with the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR), reached a settlement requiring mandatory attitudinal training at Washington Preparatory High School.

?The training is a model for the state,? said Christine Sun, staff attorney for the ACLU of Southern California, in a press release.

The sessions, according to the NCLR release, include: ?mandatory day-long faculty training on diversity, discrimination and harassment, focused primarily on issues pertaining to actual or perceived sexual orientation and gender identity.?

Some teachers, in discussions with students, reportedly called homosexuals ?sinners,? ?wrong,? ?unholy,? ?not supposed to live like this,? and ?faggot,? according to the ACLU. The training will be conducted by the Anti-Defamation League, which produces materials that castigate Christians and others as bigots for not accepting homosexuality.

Meanwhile, in Kentucky, the ACLU went back to federal court on July 6, claiming that Boyd County High School has not lived up to a 2004 settlement that forced the school to conduct mandatory ?anti-harassment training? focusing on ?sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination.?

After the settlement, which also established a ?gay-straight alliance? club, parents pulled many of the students out of school on days when training sessions were scheduled. The students were given unexcused absences and not required to make up the sessions. The ACLU noted that about half of middle school and high school students attended the mandatory sessions and that an hour-long video dealt with bullying issues in general instead of focusing on ?sexual orientation and gender identity.?

Before the settlement, school officials who had opposed the ?gay? club and the new policy said they would teach students mutual respect without focusing on homosexual issues.

"The ACLU continues to use a law license to bully school districts and harass parents in order to brainwash their kids about the 'normalcy' of homosexuality," said Jan LaRue, Concerned Women for America's chief counsel. "Having them dictate the content of anti-bullying training makes as much sense as having Bill Clinton teach abstinence classes."

In February, the Alliance Defense Fund sued the Boyd County Board of Education over the settlement, contending that it amounted to a First Amendment violation of the rights of students whose faiths tell them that homosexuality is wrong.

Parents, led by the Rev. Tim York, pastor of Heritage Temple Free Will Baptist Church, called the training ?a form of recruitment? for homosexuality, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. ?They (the ACLU) want to control the district,? York told the newspaper. ?They don?t believe in parental rights.?
http://www.cultureandfamily.org/articledisplay.asp?id=8541

mandatory homosexual appreciation.......................

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4407457 - 07/15/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Gays and their supporters should all move to canada and leave us the hell alone. Gay TV shows are disgusting enough, but to try and brainwash students into a life of sin, that is just plain wrong. Live your gay life, but don't force it on civilized humanity.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4407465 - 07/15/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Public Schools = Government Indoctrination Facilities

Alliance for the Separation of School & State

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4407470 - 07/15/05 11:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prosgeopax said:

Indeed. But as long as they're in the business of indoctrination, I think tolerance is one of the more preferable things they can indoctrinate into people.

--------------------

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: Silversoul]
    #4407483 - 07/15/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

Prosgeopax said:

Indeed.  But as long as they're in the business of indoctrination, I think tolerance is one of the more preferable things they can indoctrinate into people.

:thumbup: as usual

The ACLU is overstepping here, and I worry that they may be blindly pushing some fairly controversial ideas on homosexuality, but it's hard for me complain when an orgainization wants to calm these religious fanatics down.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#4407486 - 07/15/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Why don't we just say, "To hell with school" and give the kids a lifetime supply of 'E' and not waste resources and time with the pretense of claiming that they are being educated? The FIRST order of business of schools is to teach children skills they need in order to function as non-dependent members of society, to be self-sufficient. Public schools are failing at this as children graduate from high school and are functionally illiterate. It is laughable that colleges now offer remedial English classes in order to bring high school graduates up to a level of competence in their native tongue. The priority should be EDUCATION.

--------------------

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4407508 - 07/15/05 11:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, I definitely agree. Education should be the top priority. But part of being a functional member of society is getting along with others, especially those who might be different from you.

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

#4407519 - 07/15/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

There are plenty of Down Syndrome sufferers who are happy with everyone, but it doesn't put food on the table, clothe them or provide shelter.

--------------------

- Tom Willhite

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4407598 - 07/15/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

> But part of being a functional member of society is getting along with others, especially those who might be different from you

Then why can they not teach "getting along with others thare are different from you sensitivity training" instead of focusing only on homosexuals.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: daimyo]
    #4407638 - 07/15/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
Gays and their supporters should all move to canada and leave us the hell alone.  Gay TV shows are disgusting enough, but to try and brainwash students into a life of sin, that is just plain wrong.  Live your gay life, but don't force it on civilized humanity.

so it's wrong for them to force homosexuality on you (how having a tv show with gay people in it forces homosexuality on you is beyond me, but ok), but it's ok for you to force your ideas of what is and is not moral on them? :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#4407654 - 07/15/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Why dont they include sensitivity to Christians who are against homosexuality?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4407662 - 07/15/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Education should be the top priority.  But part of being a functional member of society is getting along with others, especially those who might be different from you.

:thumbup:

Teaching children, to be tolerant of people with different beliefs, should be part of their education.

Why would anyone, have any real problems with teaching tolerance?

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: niteowl]
    #4407674 - 07/15/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:Why would anyone, have any real problems with teaching tolerance?

Because not everything should be tolerable. Some things should never be tolerated. I do believe that homosexuality should be tolerated, but thats a belief. A belief which many dont hold. Its not the schools job to teach these beliefs.

This seems like its about intolerance to Christians as much as tolerance to gays.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: DieCommie]
    #4407744 - 07/15/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Because not everything should be tolerable. Some things should never be tolerated.

I'm guessing you're talking about rape and murder, and I would agree.
Being tolerant of peoples lifestyle, should be a part of the American way. We are a mix of different races and cultures. Teaching tolerance (of personal differences) should be done in the schools. Religion is the farthest thing from "tolerant teachings"

Quote:

Its not the schools job to teach these beliefs.

I agree.
It is not the schools job to teach belief systems, just to teach kids to be tolerant of other peoples belief systems.

Quote:

This seems like its about intolerance to Christians as much as tolerance to gays.

I don't see how you can say that.
MANY religions (not just the Christian ones) consider homosexuality to be wrong.

The school is only teaching kids how to have a tolerant attitude to peoples differences. (isn't that a typical Christian theme...tolerance?)

They aren't pushing a "pro-homosexual agenda" like some people believe.
Just an "anti-hate campaign", to help people get along.

Why is that bad?

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: niteowl]
    #4407764 - 07/15/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You know real fascists when they obscure the true meaning of words - as, in the differnce between tolerance and acceptance.

Tolerance - I cannot use my view of you to punish you, simply for your view - can be mandated by law.

Acceptance - I accept you - cannot be mandated by law.

Tolerance does not require an imposition on how you think, only a restriction on your actions due to how you might think. Acceptance, true acceptance, can only occur in how you think. Any attempt to mandate acceptance is contrary to everything about a free society.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: DieCommie]
    #4407769 - 07/15/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If everyone, including teachers, would just shut up about their "sexuality," then maybe someone would learn to read or do math in a school.

Yep DieCommie

Fisting classes coming to a public school near you, courtesy of the ACLU.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4407789 - 07/15/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
If everyone, including teachers, would just shut up about their "sexuality," then maybe someone would learn to read or do math in a school.

come on, 16 year old kids with raging hormones - do you think it is a better idea to just keep all those emotions closeted up (hehe no pun intended) than it is to actually create an open forum where they can discuss them? education isn't just about reading and mathematics - it is also about coming to understand who you are, what this world is, and where you fit in it...

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4407898 - 07/15/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Insulting a group of people, treating them like shit, and telling them to leave the country is pretty fucked up.

Some teachers, in discussions with students, reportedly called homosexuals ?sinners,? ?wrong,? ?unholy,? ?not supposed to live like this,? and ?faggot,? according to the ACLU. The training will be conducted by the Anti-Defamation League, which produces materials that castigate Christians and others as bigots for not accepting homosexuality.

What if teachers in school talked about how believing in God meant you believed in fairy tales? What if they said that they thought it was stupid and illogical to believe the bible is the word of god?

Personally, I would be opposed to that, but I find that much less offensive than insulting gays. Religion is a belief, something you can choose to avoid. Gay people don't get to choose to be gay, and there's hardly any other people on the planet who claim that they do other that straight people who have a problem with gays.

Of course, when you hear about any kind of public criticism of religion in schools, some conservative group comes out of the woodwork and practically shits itself with moral outrage.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: Phluck]
    #4407922 - 07/15/05 01:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

IMO
mandatory homosexual appreciation is fucked up.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: daimyo]
    #4408004 - 07/15/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Gays and their supporters should all move to canada and leave us the hell alone. Gay TV shows are disgusting enough, but to try and brainwash students into a life of sin, that is just plain wrong. Live your gay life, but don't force it on civilized humanity.

What, do you seriously believe that gay sensitivity training is going to brainwash people gay? What possible evidence could you have that demonstrates that to be true?

That sounds to me like irrational paranoia.

And if you don't like gay TV shows, why don't you change the channel? Nobody is forcing you to watch Will and Grace. The only people who feel it is being forced on them are people who can't handle hearing about gays every now and them. To some people, saying "fuck" is like an assault on their sensibilities, it is forcing language they find disgusting on them. I'm sure you'd agree that these people are uptight and if they can't handle it, they should go fuck themselves.

That's how I feel about people who can't handle hearing about gays. People are free to talk about whatever they like, if you can't handle it, that's your fault.

This past weekend was the pride weekend in my hometown. I was downtown just as a bunch of assholes showed up to protest, this was quite a bit before the parade started. On one side of the street there were a bunch of tough looking, bald biker dudes, wearing a lot of leather and goatees. They had big signs saying "HOMO SEX IS DISGUSTING", quotes from Leviticus, and confederate flags. There were also some very ugly women with them, some were fat, snarly looking beasts, and others were rail thin junkie types. Many of the men and the women were wearing Hell's Angels shirts, or Big Red Machine.

I found a couple things odd:

a) These people didn't look like the most morally upstanding citizens. Scars, missing teeth, and broken noses seemed to suggest a life that involved a good deal of violence, many of them had blotchy red skin from extreme drinking, and a few even had trackmarks on their arms. It seemed to me that for many of them, a little gay sex would pale in comparison to the brutality they'd been involved in.

b) These were some very unattractive people. They felt that they had the right to criticize sexual acts they found disgusting, but there's no way I could have stomached seeing any two of them go at it. I'm straight, and I'd definitely find the sight of any of them naked more disturbing than watching gay porn.

On the other side of the road were people supporting the pride festival. The actual participants in the parade didn't seem to all be there, and I actually got the impression there were more people simply showing support than there were gays. Lots of good looking university girls, various youths on the radical left, and a lot of middle class lesbians standing in amongst them. Friendly librarian types in their 50s and whatnot.

Most people did their best to avoid the anti-gay side of the road. I stood amongst the pro-gay crowd for a little while and took pictures before heading off on my bike ride.

It was nice to see that the anti-gay people were marginal. They didn't even really succeed in getting taunted or jeered at when they marched past the festival area. People would point and laugh, wave, or blow them kisses. Through all their anger they seemed to be having trouble getting anyone to take them seriously.

That's the most comforting thing about all this, anti-gay folks are completely losing. The idea that there is something wrong with being gay is gradually just fading away, no matter how desperately some people cling to their bigotry, the rest of us simply don't feel any need to be bossed around by them.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale