Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: JesusChrist]
    #4413903 - 07/17/05 01:41 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JesusChrist said:
Government Teacher: We need to be sensitive to people that are homosexual.

Student:  What do you mean?  What is a homosexual?

Pretend that you are the government teacher.  Tell me what a homosexual is without "teaching" homosexuality.

I knew what a homosexual was WAY before I reached adolescence, and your trying to "pretend" that kids today have no idea what homosexual means.

:rolleyes:

So telling the student the definition of homosexuality, is the same as teaching homosexuality?

Is telling the student what a Nazi is, the same as teaching them how to be a Nazi?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: niteowl]
    #4413928 - 07/17/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I am not doubting that you had knowlege about homosexuality at an early age. That doesn't mean that everyone does. I am not sure at what age I heard about homosexuality. Before I hit puberty, I had no idea about sex in general. I hit puberty at 13. Plenty of high school kids would have legitimate questions.

What if a student asked the question: "What is homosexuality?" "How is it performed?" "Why?"

Why don't you define homosexuality without teaching it. Do you just give a standard definition and expect young people not to ask questions? Now that is really naive. Of course they will have questions. And how do you honestly think a government teacher can "define" one thing without teaching it? Isn't everything they define something that they teach? What is teaching if not defining?

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4413936 - 07/17/05 01:55 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is telling the student what a Nazi is, the same as teaching them how to be a Nazi?

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #4413947 - 07/17/05 01:58 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Are they teaching "tolerance" for Nazis?

At least you recongnize that to teach about Nazis, or even tolerance for Nazis, you HAVE to teach about what a Nazi is. Just the same as it is to teach about homosexuals, or the tolerance for homosexuals, you have to teach about what a homosexual is.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #4413966 - 07/17/05 02:05 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

And what about tolerance for Prostitutes? You claim that is extreme. It is in fact the world's oldest profession by many accounts. Where is the love? Why not teach tolerance for hookers?

I don't understand it. Why wouldn't you teach about prostitution? It is part of our culture, and culture was your catch all for homosexuality. It has been part of every culture that I have ever read of.

Why would you not teach about prostitution and tolerance for prostitutes? Can you give me a sane argument that doesn't conflict with your passionate beliefs with homosexualtiy. I respect that you are so passionate about homosexuality, I just wonder why you give those hookers a bad rap. They perform a public serives, and only as much as the market demands.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4414001 - 07/17/05 02:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You have read WAY more into my posts than what was said....

I respect that you are so passionate about homosexuality, I just wonder why you give those hookers a bad rap

I never mentioned hookers...you did...in an attempt to derail the subject at hand.

We aren't talking about tolerance of prostitutes, we are talking about tolerance of homosexuals.

Kids aren't likely to beat the shit out of a prostitute.
They are very likely to beat the shit out of someone they believe to be gay.

Why is that?

Oh...wait, I remember now......the bible said it was bad.....that makes it OK to beat the shit out of people because the bible said they were bad.

This is the attitude that the ACLU is trying to change.
They aren't trying to promote the homosexual lifestyle.
They are just trying to teach our kids how to get along and not fight.

Please, try to see this for what it is, and not twist it into something that it isn't.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
    #4432128 - 07/21/05 04:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
You have read WAY more into my posts than what was said....

I respect that you are so passionate about homosexuality, I just wonder why you give those hookers a bad rap

I never mentioned hookers...you did...in an attempt to derail the subject at hand.

We aren't talking about tolerance of prostitutes, we are talking about tolerance of homosexuals.

Why is that?

Oh...wait, I remember now......the bible said it was bad.....that makes it OK to beat the shit out of people because the bible said they were bad.

This is the attitude that the ACLU is trying to change.
They aren't trying to promote the homosexual lifestyle.
They are just trying to teach our kids how to get along and not fight.

Please, try to see this for what it is, and not twist it into something that it isn't.

well saiid.

--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: Grav]
    #4432176 - 07/21/05 06:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:
schools should focus on knowledge, not other peoples opinions.

Well said.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #4432186 - 07/21/05 06:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

Why is that?

I don't believe your premise. I don't believe that kids in general are "very likely" to beat the shit out of someone who is gay.

I am 36 years old. I went through school without seeing or hearing of one incidence where a person got beat up because they were gay. Even after my school years, I have never seen an act of violence against a gay person. That is just my personal experience. I grew up living next to a gay couple. Very successful, nice house, big parties, no violence. I currently live next to a gay couple. Very successful, nice house, big parties, no violence. I have rented apartments to several gay people (4). No violence that I know of.

Anyone that assaults another person should be charged with a crime. We should teach our children that assault is wrong, not that assaulting a gay person is wrong. Sexuality should not be taught to our children by the government.

Quote:

When people assualt gay or straight people around our country, I highly doubt that they are doing it because of the Bible. The people doing the assaulting are criminals, and I don't think that the Bible advocates assualting gay people. I was Jesuit educated myself. The message at my religious school was "hate the sin, not the sinner." You can blame religion for this countries problems if you want to, but I think overall people of faith are a tremendous benefit to this country.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
    #4432227 - 07/21/05 06:46 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

theres things i agree and disagree on with you jesus.. you were a false prophet anyways whos morals have been so twisted overtime that you are now worthless so please dont resurrect :wink:

--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4432551 - 07/21/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Group goes to court in California, Kentucky to promote the ?gay? agenda in schools.

That first sentence of the article alone tells you that you're going to get trolled against the evil ACLU.

Quote:

in an attempt to force them to conduct mandatory homosexual appreciation sessions

Troll, troll, troll

Quote:

the Anti-Defamation League, which produces materials that castigate Christians and others as bigots for not accepting homosexuality.

Is this a Swedish article? Trolls everywhere.

Quote:

the ?gay? club

:rolleyes:
Troll?

Culture and family dot-org.
I happen to know that "family" is a code word christians use for their anti-homosexual agenda.
After all homosexuals are the natural enemy of families, especially those born in families.

*sigh* threads like this are interesting from a moderator's perspective to see which members truly debate and which are out to troll. If you see a few of those patterns emerge.

But as for the debate:

Prostitution is a profession, not inherent to the core of somebody's identity. You can be a president's wife one day and a whore the other. And yes its high time prostitution was elevated in the public view to the level of a respectable profession. A good prostitute can bring calm and tranquility to a person who's very upset just like a threapist can, and that person's social circle is often positively affected by this person's relief.

But the subject isnt prostitution.

"Black history month"
Why don't you just INTEGRATE those things throughout the year instead of fencing it in into calender-reservations like you people did with the Native Americans? If you say "black history month" or "next week we're going gay" you are saying it is out of the ordinary, being the rest of the year. It's almost like saying: "we have to teach you this stuff we don't believe in ourselves" and perhaps this is so.

Kids ought to be taught in school AND at home how to function successfully in society. Even on the office it's important that you are socially openminded. If you go n*gger this and f*ggot that and act like a jerk where you work you are decreasing the health of your company and personally your chance of promotion diminishes.

Parents generally fail miserably at teaching these values. Schools should offer help in this. "Society Skills Class", learning to get along even if the other is very different from you and the things you feel comfortable with.

No need for a seperate "minority day", it should be "minority year" every year, meaning that minorities can be themselves without bigotry being inflicted on them. If society becomes self-correcting then the government can take a step back.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: Asante]
    #4433036 - 07/21/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wiccan_Seeker said

*sigh* threads like this are interesting from a moderator's perspective to see which members truly debate and which are out to troll. If you see a few of those patterns emerge.

yes the article has a slant, but IMO the debate is interesting.

For example I try and focus on the debate and not who is a "TROLL".

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4433061 - 07/21/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JesusChrist said:
I don't believe your premise. I don't believe that kids in general are "very likely" to beat the shit out of someone who is gay.

I am 36 years old. I went through school without seeing or hearing of one incidence where a person got beat up because they were gay. Even after my school years, I have never seen an act of violence against a gay person. That is just my personal experience.

You must have come from a large urban area.
Where I'm from (the Bible Belt) gay bashing is very common in school.
Even if a person doesn't physically beat them, they are encouraged to verbally beat them.

Quote:

I grew up living next to a gay couple. Very successful, nice house, big parties, no violence. I currently live next to a gay couple. Very successful, nice house, big parties, no violence. I have rented apartments to several gay people (4). No violence that I know of.

We were talking about abuse in HIGH SCHOOL.

Quote:

When people assualt gay or straight people around our country, I highly doubt that they are doing it because of the Bible.

Really.....hmm.
Then where does this "dis-like" of gay people originate from?

The Romans were cool with it......so saying it is "human nature" to "dis-like" gay people is obviously not true.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#4433120 - 07/21/05 11:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Didn't the Romans come up with the Sodom and Gomorrah story?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4433187 - 07/21/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They had some interesting sporting events.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #4433206 - 07/21/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ha, but was homosexuality accepted throughout history until jesus came around?

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4433211 - 07/21/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Didn't the Romans come up with the Sodom and Gomorrah story?

I don't believe so.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: ACLU Seeks Mandatory Homosexual Sensitivity Training [Re: Redstorm]
    #4433243 - 07/21/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I should not have been stoned before school each morning. I cant remember the Gomorrah story but i thought some roman priest came up with it.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4433250 - 07/21/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I believe it's in the Old Testament, so I would imagine it was Jewish-based. I could very well be wrong though.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4433276 - 07/21/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think acceptance of homosexuality varies from culture to culture (and of course from individual to individual). In my experience women tend to be more accepting of it than men. This has never made sense to me because I have always thought that the more homosexual men there are, the less competition for sex with women there would be.

I also think that many people on the left confuse acceptance with thinking something is normal or right. If you don't like homosexuals, they immediate label you a homophobe. If a leftist doesn't like Christians, of course, he is not considered a Christianphobe but an enlightened leftist. You can be accepting of someone else's life choices or nature, that doesn't mean that you have to like them or hang out with them. I believe that people should be freely allowed to associate or disassociate with others however they damn well please, without being disparaged by others because of their preferences. In other words, to each his own.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale