Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBooNanZa
Microbiologist
Casing left on vacation?
    #4376232 - 07/06/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, I have been lurking here for many months but have decided to post since I need some help. About 2 weeks ago I knocked up 8 half pint mason jars with Equador Strain from RH. 2 of the jars colonized extremely quickly and now have been completely white for 2 days. The thing is, I'm leaving for vacation on early on Friday (the 8th) and not getting back until Tuesday (the 12th). These cakes need to be birthed so I have proposed the following solution:

I will take these two cakes and case them following the 50/50 casing technique. This is where I need help, I have a Poor Mans Pods with perlite set up already, should I put the casing in there and let it colonize, or should I just leave it in my regular incubating tub. The thing I am worried about is OVERLAY, I don't want to come back and have my casing over colonized. I was thinking if I put it in the PMP, it would incubate and colonize, and if its fast, possibly start pinning by the time I get back. It's only 5 days but I'd rather have it pinning when I got back then have overlay. SO my question is: What should I do? Will the PMP be too much humidity for incubation? Also, I have cakes that are now 85% colonized, would this 5 day break be alright to just keep them in there? Thanks in advance for any input, I greatly appreciate it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casing left on vacation? [Re: BooNanZa]
    #4376966 - 07/06/05 08:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

How long will you be on holiday for?

Ive read about people leaving colonized jars alone for weeks and not having a problem birthing/fruiting them. From what i read, and if i were you, id just leave the jars in the incubator til i got back and birthed/cased them then. my .02 anyways, maybe someone whos had more hands on experience will be better suited to answer tho.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #4376972 - 07/06/05 08:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

wait till you get back.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Invisiblebackupwards2
Stranger thanyou

Loc: in my mind
Re: Casing left on vacation? [Re: soochi]
    #4376986 - 07/06/05 08:06 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

if you want you can ziploc bag those jars and toss them in the fridge for the four days you are going to be gone and case when you get back.
good luck
peace

--------------------
If you are not sure what you are doing STOP and go read some on what you are trying to do.

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
Re: Casing left on vacation? [Re: backupwards2]
    #4377162 - 07/06/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

backupwards2 said:
if you want you can ziploc bag those jars and toss them in the fridge for the four days you are going to be gone and case when you get back.
good luck
peace

:thumbup:

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
    #4377185 - 07/06/05 08:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

put the cakes that are finished in the frig...you can leave them in the jars.
and tape up the holes...or put them in a ziplock bag.

and keep the ones that aren't finnished in the incubator...so they might be done by the time you get home.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation