Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Ward Churchill: Troops should Kill Officers.
    #4359593 - 07/01/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ward Churchill backs fragging
Controversial '9-11 prof' suggests rolling grenades under line officers

Posted: June 26, 2005
10:39 p.m. Eastern

? 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Prof. Ward Churchill

University of Colorado professor Ward Churchill suggested to a forum on conscientious objection they might be more effective in opposing war if they supported the "fragging" or killing of line officers.

As reported by the "Pirate Ballerina" blogsite, during a Portland meeting on resistance to military recruiting, Churchill, famous for comparing Sept. 11, 2001, victims in the World Trade Center to "little Eichmanns," twice suggested anti-war activists should support those who kill their officers.

"For those of you who do, as a matter of principle, oppose war in any form, the idea of supporting a conscientious objector who's already been inducted [and] in his combat service in Iraq might have a certain appeal," he said. "But let me ask you this: Would you render the same support to someone who hadn't conscientiously objected, but rather instead rolled a grenade under their line officer in order to neutralize the combat capacity of their unit?"

Later, in a question-and-answer period, Churchill was asked whether the trauma "fragging" inflicts on that officer's family back home should be considered, he responded: "How do you feel about Adolf Eichmann's family?"

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45012

There are hundreds of sorry-ass Ward Churchills on each college campus around the US.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ward Churchill: Troops should Kill Officers. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4359641 - 07/01/05 01:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, what a sorry waste of breath.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#4359661 - 07/01/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, that guys a real piece of work. I hate that the prick is in my state. Maybe I should ge frag him.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#4360197 - 07/01/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What a jackass.

I never a proffesor anything like Churchill in college.

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4360225 - 07/01/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

There are hundreds of sorry-ass Ward Churchills on each college campus around the US.

Did your magic eightball confirm that for you, or is that the sort of statement you just pull directly out of your ass?

Edited by Vex (07/01/05 03:43 PM)

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Ward Churchill: Troops should Kill Officers. [Re: Vex]
    #4360347 - 07/01/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Professors fund liberal candidates

Melisa Gao
Princetonian Senior Writer

http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/archives/2004/09/13/news/10683.shtml

Source: FEC
More than 90 percent of donations from University employees this election cycle have gone to liberal causes, as Princeton joins peer institutions in reinforcing the image of a left-leaning ivory tower.

After effectively clinching the Democratic nomination on Super Tuesday, Sen. John Kerry secured $40,950 from donors identifying themselves as employees or affiliates of Princeton University. President Bush received a sole donation of $250, according to FEC records through June.

One of the most active donors is physics professor Chiara Nappi, who together with her husband, a professor at the Institute for Advanced Studies, has given $13,000 to liberal candidates and causes. Another $6,000 is on the way this week.

"I'm extremely worried about the current situation in the United States," Nappi said Friday. "America will not survive the way it is if we let President Bush continue."

Nappi, who is particularly concerned about the environment and the war in Iraq, often writes to local papers and emails friends and relatives about her views.

"If I could, I would go work against him, but I can't," she said. "The only thing I can do is give money."

Across the aisle, the only donation to Bush came from Office of Government Affairs official Christopher Carter, a former Republican legislative assistant.

Carter, like several professors, declined to comment, saying, "The political donations that I give are a personal decision of my own, and I separate that from my professional actions."

In addition to donations made directly to the candidates, the Democratic National Committee has raised $53,351 from University donors for the 2004 election cycle, while the Republican National Committee has received only $500. Liberal political action committees such as Moveon.org have raked in thousands more from University affiliates.

Kerry and Bush stopped accepting private donations after their respective nominating conventions because they both elected to take federal matching funds.

Liberal academia?

The University's results were in step with those of Yale and Harvard, both of which had 95 percent of donations going to Kerry. Harvard employees donated $213,045 to Kerry, representing the largest amount given by the employees of any institution or company, according to the Center for Public Integrity.

To computer science professor Andrew Appel, who has given $4,000 to Kerry this year, the imbalance is not unexpected.

"Does it surprise me that smart people should be supporting Kerry?" Appel said. "No."

But Appel, who is teaching a freshman seminar this fall titled "Election Machinery," emphasized that personal political preferences should not affect what goes on in the classroom.

"I do my best to make class be scholarship and learning, and not influenced by partisan ideas," he said.

Some conservative students wonder, however, whether professors' opinions might filter through in more subtle ways such as the topics they choose to discuss.

"That a professor gives to Kerry over President Bush does not mean they're going to be slanted or biased," said Evan Baehr '05, president of the College Republicans. "But it should lead you to start asking questions."

In March, Baehr started a Princeton chapter of Students for Academic Freedom, a group dedicated to increasing conservative thought in academia.

Who gives and who gets

Through June, University employees have donated a total of $170,494 to candidates and political action committees. Of that, only $13,600 has gone to Republican causes, primarily Congressional candidates such as Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-N.J.).

Not surprisingly, support has been strong for Rep. Rush Holt (D-N.J.), a former physicist at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. Holt has received $23,550 from University employees during the election cycle.

The largest donors recorded by the FEC were former Wilson School visiting professor Barbara Blumenthal and anthropology professor Alan Mann, each giving $25,000 to the DNC.

All other contributions were for $2,000 or less, though some professors were repeat donors. Under the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002, individuals are limited to giving $2,000 to any candidate, $25,000 to a political party and $5,000 to a political action committee per year.

The law was designed to eliminate the role of soft money in elections, but critics argue the money is simply being redirected to so-called 527 organizations ? independent nonprofits that can accept unlimited donations.

Those contributions are not monitored or recorded by the FEC, but a few wealthy political activists are getting attention for the large checks they're writing.

Topping that list is University trustee and billionaire philanthropist Peter Lewis '55. Lewis and close friend George Soros have each pledged $10 million to America Coming Together, a 527 dedicated to defeating Bush through get-out-the-vote efforts in swing states such as Lewis' native Ohio.

Lewis, the former chairman of Progressive, Inc., has already donated more than $11 million to other anti-Bush groups, according to the Center for Public Integrity. His current total is $14.3 million, making him the single largest donor for any election cycle.

Lewis is also the University's single greatest contributor. His donations, which total $116 million, have funded the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics and the Gehry science library currently under construction.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#4360376 - 07/01/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"Does it surprise me that smart people should be supporting Kerry?" Appel said. "No."

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#4360382 - 07/01/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

YET ANOTHER study has come out documenting what most conservatives consider to be blindingly obvious: the leftward tilt of the American professoriate. The latest report, by political scientist Stanley Rothman of Smith College, communications professor S. Robert Lichter of George Mason University, and Canadian polling expert Neil Nevitte, published in the online journal Forum, paints a stark picture of a politically skewed academy. Nearly three quarters of the professors in a 1999 survey of college faculty identified themselves as left/liberal, only 15 percent as right/conservative; 50 percent were Democrats and 11 percent Republicans.

A typical reaction to such studies from the left has been to shoot the messenger without denying the basic facts of the message. Thus, on his website, Michael B?rub?, a professor of literature and cultural studies at Penn State who has often locked horns with conservative critics of the academy, challenges the study's sample size and points out that it was financed by a conservative foundation. Then he cites a 2001 survey by the UCLA Higher Education Research Institute which yielded fairly similar results: 5.3 percent of faculty members were classified as ''far left," 42.3 percent as ''liberal," 34.3 percent as ''middle of the road," 17.7 percent as ''conservative," and 0.3 percent as ''far right." ''Yep," concedes B?rub?, ''we're a pretty liberal bunch."
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editori...he_ivory_tower/

is this enough for you Vex??????????????

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4360419 - 07/01/05 04:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

last year in my philosophy class i had a liberal prof. he would always bring iraq into every lecture. Anyways, we had to write a series of papers, and on the first one I wrote it in my honest opinions, which happened to be rather conservative. I got a C on it and he wrote about a page long response as to why I was wrong. The next paper I wrote was completely liberal, none of it was my own thoughts, just a bunch of liberal biased shit. I got an A+ on it and his only response was "very good paper".

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Ward Churchill: Troops should Kill Officers. [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #4360459 - 07/01/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.academicbias.com/commentary/stuart/60s-radicals.html

"Although the phenomenon of political correctness on college campuses has been documented extensively in recent years, the average American is largely unaware of the pervasiveness of this ongoing practice of indoctrination on a large number of American universities. Consider the status quo on a majority of campuses:

Professors, especially in the humanities, often use their positions of authority to indoctrinate students with political views that are hostile to the American form of government, its economic system, culture, and history - even in classes where such discussions are not relevant to the subject matter.

Curriculums have been transformed to meet the demands of various "victim groups" with politicized area studies such as Women's Studies, African American Studies, and Queer Studies - while the Western Canon, that body of literature and art thought to consist of the best that has been thought, written and otherwise expressed has been partially jettisoned in an attempt to rid the curriculum of the influence of "dead white males".

Most taxpayer-supported public universities have instituted draconian speech codes which violate the First Amendment rights of students in an attempt to prevent some students from being offended by the speech of others. In practice, the various speech restrictions are invariably used to silence students who are not members of a politically protected group while giving considerable leeway to those who are. Thus, white heterosexual males, political conservatives or libertarians and Christian students often find themselves brought up on disciplinary charges over rather innocuous speech."

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4360526 - 07/01/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You know, there's always going to be extremist assholes in every group. Voicing a stupid opinion isn't illegal. Hell, it's not even a bannable offense.

The guy wants to create controversy and turn into a public figure, and he sees this as the perfect way to do it. You're doing exactly what he wants.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4360549 - 07/01/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Who cares what this guy thinks? Would you care if a random person you've never heard of said the same thing? And what makes this one person's opinion so important as to warrant a news article?

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4360753 - 07/01/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

Professors fund liberal candidates

Melisa Gao
Princetonian Senior Writer

http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/archives/2004/09/13/news/10683.shtml

Source: FEC
More than 90 percent of donations from University employees this election cycle have gone to liberal causes, as Princeton joins peer institutions in reinforcing the image of a left-leaning ivory tower.

After effectively clinching the Democratic nomination on Super Tuesday, Sen. John Kerry secured $40,950 from donors identifying themselves as employees or affiliates of Princeton University. President Bush received a sole donation of $250, according to FEC records through June.

One of the most active donors is physics professor Chiara Nappi, who together with her husband, a professor at the Institute for Advanced Studies, has given $13,000 to liberal candidates and causes. Another $6,000 is on the way this week.

"I'm extremely worried about the current situation in the United States," Nappi said Friday. "America will not survive the way it is if we let President Bush continue."

Nappi, who is particularly concerned about the environment and the war in Iraq, often writes to local papers and emails friends and relatives about her views.

"If I could, I would go work against him, but I can't," she said. "The only thing I can do is give money."

Across the aisle, the only donation to Bush came from Office of Government Affairs official Christopher Carter, a former Republican legislative assistant.

Carter, like several professors, declined to comment, saying, "The political donations that I give are a personal decision of my own, and I separate that from my professional actions."

In addition to donations made directly to the candidates, the Democratic National Committee has raised $53,351 from University donors for the 2004 election cycle, while the Republican National Committee has received only $500. Liberal political action committees such as Moveon.org have raked in thousands more from University affiliates.

Kerry and Bush stopped accepting private donations after their respective nominating conventions because they both elected to take federal matching funds.

Liberal academia?

The University's results were in step with those of Yale and Harvard, both of which had 95 percent of donations going to Kerry. Harvard employees donated $213,045 to Kerry, representing the largest amount given by the employees of any institution or company, according to the Center for Public Integrity.

To computer science professor Andrew Appel, who has given $4,000 to Kerry this year, the imbalance is not unexpected.

But Appel, who is teaching a freshman seminar this fall titled "Election Machinery," emphasized that personal political preferences should not affect what goes on in the classroom.

"I do my best to make class be scholarship and learning, and not influenced by partisan ideas," he said.

Some conservative students wonder, however, whether professors' opinions might filter through in more subtle ways such as the topics they choose to discuss.

"That a professor gives to Kerry over President Bush does not mean they're going to be slanted or biased," said Evan Baehr '05, president of the College Republicans. "But it should lead you to start asking questions."

In March, Baehr started a Princeton chapter of Students for Academic Freedom, a group dedicated to increasing conservative thought in academia.

Who gives and who gets

Through June, University employees have donated a total of $170,494 to candidates and political action committees. Of that, only $13,600 has gone to Republican causes, primarily Congressional candidates such as Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-N.J.).

Not surprisingly, support has been strong for Rep. Rush Holt (D-N.J.), a former physicist at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. Holt has received $23,550 from University employees during the election cycle.

The largest donors recorded by the FEC were former Wilson School visiting professor Barbara Blumenthal and anthropology professor Alan Mann, each giving $25,000 to the DNC.

All other contributions were for $2,000 or less, though some professors were repeat donors. Under the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002, individuals are limited to giving $2,000 to any candidate, $25,000 to a political party and $5,000 to a political action committee per year.

The law was designed to eliminate the role of soft money in elections, but critics argue the money is simply being redirected to so-called 527 organizations ? independent nonprofits that can accept unlimited donations.

Those contributions are not monitored or recorded by the FEC, but a few wealthy political activists are getting attention for the large checks they're writing.

Topping that list is University trustee and billionaire philanthropist Peter Lewis '55. Lewis and close friend George Soros have each pledged $10 million to America Coming Together, a 527 dedicated to defeating Bush through get-out-the-vote efforts in swing states such as Lewis' native Ohio.

Lewis, the former chairman of Progressive, Inc., has already donated more than $11 million to other anti-Bush groups, according to the Center for Public Integrity. His current total is $14.3 million, making him the single largest donor for any election cycle.

Lewis is also the University's single greatest contributor. His donations, which total $116 million, have funded the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics and the Gehry science library currently under construction.

So what? All that proves is that there are more let leaning professors. It doesn't back up your original statement that "there are hundreds of sorry-ass ward churchills on every college campus" Just because someone is a liberal does not automatically mean that they are a lunatic super liberal socialist. You're taking one person that paints liberals in a bad light and trying to say that all liberal teachers are exactly the same when you really don't have a clue. It's bullshit, and that's why you'll never be able to prove it.

Theres plenty of level headed people on both sides of the fence. It's a damn shame you can't see that.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #4360757 - 07/01/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
YET ANOTHER study has come out documenting what most conservatives consider to be blindingly obvious: the leftward tilt of the American professoriate.

even more blindingly obvious is the reason why all the right-wing nutcakes hate academics so much ..because you want everyone to be stupid enough to believe all your bullshit...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4360759 - 07/01/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4360791 - 07/01/05 06:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The professors/university really are indoctrinating the kids with liberal ideas, and the students dont even realize it. It's not just what the professors put into their lectures either, it's such things as gay week, "cultural centers" for every race and sex except white males, and the many liberal demonstrations and such events that are set up every day in the center of campus. Not once have I seen a George Bush supporting booth or even a slightly conservative event.

--------------------

OfflineVex
Stranger
    #4360799 - 07/01/05 06:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Also, just out of curiosity, why do you think there are more liberal professors than conservative professors? Do you believe there is some sort of conspiracy taking place?

I wonder what a high school faculty or even a junior high faculty would look like. I bet they lean left too. If it's a conspiracy or something it sure is a big one. Maybe it has something to do with the teachers union? Or maybe it's because teachers are typically the type of people who sacrifice earnings in order to help people. That would be very much in line with welfare programs and whatnot. I can't really say that i know, but those two things sound like likely topics, for starters.

Honestly, why do you think it is the way it is?

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4360945 - 07/01/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

OMIGOSH

liberals are exercising free will!!

Look, I see conservatives holding demonstrations all the damn time- they set up camp, show giant photos of aborted fetuses to all passerbys, and hold things like anti-gay rallies.

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ward Churchill: Troops should Kill Officers. [Re: vampirism]
    #4360984 - 07/01/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well where i am if there was any sort of conservative or anti gay demonstration they would be torn to pieces by the university.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #4361044 - 07/01/05 07:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

has it ever occurred to you that these kids get bush and rove rammed down their throats every school day from kindergarten all the way through high school??...not surprisingly..their in the mood for something different by the time they get to college...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale