Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Over Cooked Jars?
    #433200 -

I recently got a new 22 quart presure cooker and I was doing my first batch of half-pint jars. None of the jars were in the water, and I pressure cooked them for an hour to an hour and a half at 15 PSI. There was plenty of water left in the presure cooker, but the jars seemed a darker color than normal. This was not typical of my opther p. cooker. Does this mean anything? Have my jars been over cooked?

thanks for reading

-tod

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over Cooked Jars? [Re: AlphaWave]
    #433206 -

Well, that's too long for PF jars. What were you cooking? If it was quarts of rye, I wouldn't worry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Over Cooked Jars? [Re: puscle]
    #433324 -

I just did a new batch of PF 1/2 pints in the cooker and they came out almost a black color. I know this can't be right. What should I do to correct this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* how long will pressure cooked jars be ok to inocul strain 4,163 1 04/24/02 12:23 PM
by bluepoo
* Stacking Jars in Cooker? CaseXX 1,603 6 12/10/01 10:16 AM
by High_Beemz
* big pot/stock cooker vs Pressure Cooker ElectricGnome 2,104 10 06/24/02 11:59 AM
by FanaTEK
* Important question about cooking jars texasjoehotdog 1,341 9 03/04/02 11:26 AM
by Anno
* I have pres. cooker of 10 psi not 15, cook longer? mrdasani 3,850 9 02/13/02 05:58 AM
by Roadkill
* pressure cooking without a stove I_Stain_Blue 2,947 8 08/19/02 01:32 PM
by tchyted
* Question about pressure cooking paranoid2 2,302 10 06/17/02 03:48 PM
by UHID
* Pressure cooking problem PLEASE HELP! Syd_barret 2,808 8 11/27/01 08:22 PM
by Syd_barret

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
937 topic views. 9 members, 96 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.