Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS
    #432285 - 10/21/01 12:15 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I notice that a company called petfungus.com is offering spores for PSilocybe samuiensis Guzm?n, Bandala and Allen for $69.00.

Avoid these people who have this exhorbitant charge for prints.

I will soon be offereing more than three to four hundred prints for ten dollars each.

No one should have top pay some company $69.00 dollars for these prints.

This is bs at its best.

Question Number two. Where in the hell did they get prints from? unless they obtained them illegally from someone in Amsterdam who got them illegally from or through Gartz or the University of Leipzig, one of thee Universities which had specimens in their herbarium which could not be given out without a schedule one permit.

I will find the source of these and will make trouble for the thieves who are perpetuating these high prices for this mushroom which I first discovered and named.

To all others Hello and to Pet Fungus, I am placing a warning to people not to buy these prints from your company on my web-site.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: mjshroomer]
    #432288 - 10/21/01 12:18 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Someone else posted about this site a few weeks ago talikng about there awesome prices on compost and other supplies. I am not sure but we picked the site apart and it was s rip off.

Offlineuniboner
Loc: TO
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: dimitri211]
    #432368 - 10/21/01 02:01 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That site lists Amanita pantherina as a psycoactive mushroom.
I was under the impression that the pantherina was a deadly Amanita.. Was I mistaken? Or is this site killing people?

peace,
uniboner

--------------------
sleep is for the weak.

Anonymous

Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: uniboner]
    #432495 - 10/21/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

No, Amanita pantherina is not one of the amanita's recognized as being 'deadly'.

They are similiar to the Amanita muscaria but perhaps stronger.

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: ]
    #432499 - 10/21/01 05:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Max I though I saw a post that you were going away for a few and wouldn't be back until after halloween, Maybe I am mistaken.
Anyway how have you been have not seen to much from you lately.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#433061 - 10/22/01 06:17 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: psilocyber]
    #433189 - 10/22/01 10:49 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thats right. The P. samuensis specimen from Pet Fungus that I grew turned out to be P semiglobata, and inactive and common species.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: Workman]
    #434153 - 10/23/01 12:04 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Here are the responses I got from Pet Fungus:

> > Hello John;
> > Well aren't you something. It would appear you're
> > pretty stuck on yourself.
> > A small sample was discovered in the hills north
> of
> > Springfield. My
> > understanding was the previous owners were from
> > Thailand and so were their
> > horses. I found them while estimating the
> > installation of a drain system for
> > serious flooding of the barn area. They look
> exactly
> > like the pictures in
> > Stamets book.
> > Frankly you don't impress me in the slightest as
> > anymore than a
> > self-righteous jerk, based on the content of your
> > correspondence.
> > Grow up.
> > Thank You.
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Greg G.
> > President/CEO
> > Micro-Tech. Industries
> > P.O. Box 724
> > Springfield, OR 97477-0119 / USA
> >
> > .
> >
>

MJ and Nexus Responses to pet fungus and their BS strain.

--- John Allen wrote:
> In Responce to Micro-Tech., Industries: From Nexus
> responding for MJ:
>
>
> First off that is bs because this mushroom does not
> grow anywhere in Springfield Oregon, so someone at
> your end of the field is bullshitting, and as I
> mention I will advertise that no one buy these
> alleged
> Springfield, Oregon strain of P. samuiensis because
> it
> is a non-existing species in Oregon State.
>
> Also this mushroom has nothing to do with manure
> from
> Thailand horses because there are hardly any horses
> in
> Thailand and not a single horse on the Island of Koh
> Samui where this mushroom occurs. There are over
> 65,000,000 water buffalo in Thailand and over 5,000
> buffalo on Koh Samui and more than 200 or so Bos
> indicus, Bos sundaicus and Bos guarus (Wua in Thai, meaning cows), some pigs and goats and about fifteen elephants, of whom I found a few Copelandia intheir shitballs of straw.
But on Koh Smaui there are no horses on the island at
> all. This mushrooms may look like something from
> Stamets book which happens to be my photograph but
> you
> are not selling P. samuiensis and this tells me you
> know very little about these mushrooms.
> Especially if you are bvasing an identification on a photograph from a book ./
> I will also be posting this whole letter and
> response
> at several sites.
>
> You too have a most shroomy day,
>
> Nexus for MJ

From MJ to Micro-Tech Industries:

From Mjshroomer to Micro-Tech.

Again in response to your claim of P. samuiensis, basising your information on a photograph from Paul Stamet's Book Psilocybe Mushrooms of the World, Here is a statement from Workman about this species.

Workman:
"

Thats right. The P. samuensis specimen from Pet Fungus that I grew turned out to be P semiglobata, and inactive and common species.

The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply."

Similar letters also are conclusivce of several other species from your comapny. I am posting this for all to see.

Mj

>
>
>
> --- "Micro-Tech. Industries"
> wrote:
> > On 10/21/01 10:47 AM, "John Allen"
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I am a bit curious as to how you have
> sporeprints
> > > available for Psilocybe samuiensis since I am
> the
> > > ediscoverer of this species and only herbarium
> > > deposits of collections were deposited at the
> > > Instituto de Ecologia in Xalapa, Mexico, The
> > Bernice
> > > P. Bishop Museum in Honlulu and to the
> University
> > of
> > > Leipziig in Germany.
> > >
> > > No spores were ever depoisited anywhere so where
> > do
> > > you get off offering these prints for $69.00.
> > >
> > > I just collected hundreds of these prints in
> > Thailand
> > > and will shortly be selling them at ten dollars
> a
> > > print and I will advertise on my web-site:
> > >
> > > http://mjshroomer.yage.net
> > >
> > > these spores for sale and I will advise dealers
> > not to
> > > purchase them from you.
> > >
> > >
> > > Have a shroomy day,
> > >
> > > mj aka, John W. Allen
> > >
> > >
> > >
> __________________________________________________
> > > Do You Yahoo!?
> > > Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
> > > http://personals.yahoo.com
> >
>
> __________________________________________________
>

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #434619 - 10/23/01 08:33 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well everyone here at the Shroomery, Again I get another response from Petfungus regarding his bs alleged Psilocybe samuiensis based on a photo description from Paul Stamets POsilocybine Mushrooms of the World.

Here is the latest response to me asking him to stop advertising a mushroom he does not really have.

"From PET FUNGUS"Hello John;
You really are pittyful. I think you have been eating too many of your
magic
shrooms. The specimens were carefully photographed and are
distinctively
similar to the photo provided in Stamet's book. Frankly I'm not
intimadated
or impressed by your petty threats. I've been in this business long
before
you even thought of playing with yourself.
1/2 of the samples are available on mounted slides and the rest are for
sale.
I can't stop your rediculous slander but I believe an attorney might.
Please do not ever contact me again.
Thank You.
Sincerely,

Greg G.
President/CEO
Micro-Tech. Industries
P.O. Box 724
Springfield, OR 97477-0119 / USA
(541) 952-0558 Fax (541) 952-0559

And to Mr. Greg of Micro-Tech,

AS for playing withmyself, I am 60 years old and get layed quite offten so I do not need to play with myself.

You took pictures and claim they are similar to photos in stamets book well I took the photo of Samuiensis in Stamets book and they do not grtow in America.

A macroscopic ID is not worth shit when it comes to growing this mushroom which took over four months to produce a few specimens in a lab in Germany.

Re-read Staemts book and look at you pictures.. One is of semigloblata and that is what workman said you sent him as samuiensis.

Nothing I have said is sladerous or libelpous. Only truthfull.

You are advertising a mushroom which does not grow on the North American Continent claiming to have found a specimen in Oregon. Again this is bullshit. The mushroom is oinly indegenous as of now to Koh Samui Island in sandy soil amongst Palm trees. It is a mushroom found in the tropics at 9 degrees north of the equator.

My warning people not to buy these prints on slides, paper or in petri dishes is justified since yolu are nbor selling Psilocybe samuiensis.

I have hundreds of prints available in the mail within a few weeks when my mail arrives. And I will advertise them under copies of your letters with your claims.

You can call me childish but I do go after people who advertise bullshit spores which they do not have.

Workman grew it and he said they were not samuiensis. but another species on the page across from my photos of samuiensis, which I posted several erecently at the shroomery's mushroom hunting forum and the mushroom pictures fforum.

Have a shroomy day and get your spore business in proper perspective.

Otherwise I will continue to warn people not to purchase your mushrooms. I mean you are even selling many species which are not even edible or psychoactive.

but you still make available these spores.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#436127 - 10/25/01 02:03 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Get him John !!!
I think you should also point out that the ps. samuiensis has not even been seen in Thailand for many years now, since you first discovered it. There were only a few specimans brought back then.... no spores distributed through the scientist you gave it to. If I'm correct, it has not even been fruited yet, thus no spores have circulated over the last .... what 8 years since you first distrubuted it John?

www.petfungus.com is a joke. I looked at this site a long time ago when I first seen his classified add in Hight Times and seen a big scam going on.
I should have said something then but sometimes when a vendor speaks up he's said to be slamming competion. I hardly call this competition though, he reminds me of the big scam from the Florida Mycology Research Center (Steve Pool) and damn near as bad of scam as Spore Trading Post. Fortunatly the OMC called out Steve Pools (and STP) scam of charging ppl like $250 for membership, gave them 5 so called spore prints, which were about a 1/4" x 1/4" small cut off of a real spore print, and not only were they so small and hard to work with, they were contaminated. I remember me and a friend paid him $100 each for 2 prints of supposedly ps. mexicana back in the day when the mexicana was no where around, and they were so damn conaminated we could could not even get a singe strain of myceleium off of agar plates. And we bought 2 of them and he...Steve Pool, would not do anything but tell us we had no clue how to grow mushrooms.... fucking scamm'n losers. From what Workman describes and this guys website, www.petfungas.com is now doing something similiar, sending you a tiny piece of spore print to work with for a high price. And even the wrong species.

This guy from www.petfungus.com advertises so many different species of psilocbyes, more then any other vendor out there, I'm talking like 400 species he is advertising, yet he only has a couple of pictures (from the wild) of any of them. Look at his photo gallery, he has 5 pictures, all of them send in by ppl from the wild, yet he advertises over 400 species. People.. what is wrong with this picture ???

He is taking advantage of the uneducated, just like STP. His picture of the ps. samuiensis looks like a typical LBM (Little Brown Mushroom). He doesn't just advertise psilocybes, he advertises more species of mushrooms than any vendor, scientist or company that I have ever seen, even more gourmets then a true mycologist such as Paul Stamets from www.fungi.com, all backed by a very weak website without any pictures to back up his high claims or prices.
I call foul... www.petfungus.com is a big scam.
And if Workman ordered this ps. samuiensis print to only find it was a non-active species I believe him...Workman can work some magic with these harder to grow species and he knows his taxonomy.

BTW, I just checked www.petfungus.com website, and now the ps. samuiensis is listed at $169 !!!!!!
He added an extra $100 to the price after Johns emails....what a scam artist !!! He is calling you out by that move John. He is calling all of us out. Adding an xtra $100 just because John has brought this species back to the community. What do you all think of that?

This company is taking advantage of you ppl !!! Where do these kind of ppl come from? They obviously have not been touched by the true spirit and beauty of these mushrooms. It really saddens me in ways to see ppl like this show up and take advantage of the uneducated. They get away with it for a while, and they take your money without giving a thought to the wasted time in your lives they cause. For that matter, sending out the wrong species, what if they send out a misidentified poisonous mushroom, they certainly are not growing them out to see for themselves. In my beliefs before God the universe always takes its toll on these ppl and they lose in the end, but not before hurting many ppl in the process. Its part of the process we refer to as karma, the truth is always revielved.

Its your call folks, take a look at this website www.petfungus.com and judge for yourself.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #436145 - 10/25/01 02:23 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, is this guy ever a scammer!

Whats his email addy? I'll send him an email myself, not that it will do much good.

Edited by Thor (10/25/01 02:27 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: Thor]
    #436172 - 10/25/01 03:23 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Wow! Just the fact that they are id'ing the shroom based on a picture tells you what amateurs they are!

...i just checked thier website...what a bunch of SCAMMERS!

BEWARE SHROOMERITES OF THESE THIEVES!

They are advertising 100's of uncultivatable species which I seriously doubt they even posess. Japanese Matsutake for $100+? This speices has resisted cultivation for thousands of years.......these guys are definately fishing for suckers. They list dozens of mycorhizial species which cannot be cultivated at home and I scincerely doubt they have actual spores of any of those species.

Someone went to a lot of work to list almost every mushroom in the Audobon field guides.

BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS!

InvisibleNyahbinghi
Stranger

Loc: Mt. Zion
    #436209 - 10/25/01 05:49 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Mjshroomer--

Please let us know the moment your shipment of prints arrives! I'd really love to get my loop on these prints before the USPS has their radiation equipment in place :)

--------------------
---------------------------
Preservation through dissemination.
When they try to keep me down, [red]J[/red][yellow]A[/yellow][green]H[/green] put I around.

Invisiblestrang

Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: Nyahbinghi]
    #436375 - 10/25/01 10:28 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

that site is a fuckn disgrace to mycology. i want to get at this guy. oh yeah, the price is 169.00 not 69.00 john.....

Edited by strang (10/25/01 10:30 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: strang]
    #436382 - 10/25/01 10:38 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thats becasue he raised the price after my initial; complaint.

Check out the new pages I just posted regarding his NW Mycological Club membership dues and fees.

Most mycological societies only charge an annual fee of $20-$35.00 a year for a monthly newsletter and monthly meeting.

Shit, My Thailand 20 day mushroom picking adventure including Cambodia is only about $2200.00 per per4son and includes roundtrip airfare, all meals at hotels and bungalows pirices included, motorcycle rentals trains ferry (hydrofoils) and other entertainment.

Have a shroomy day,

Mj.

Computer is broken so I am renting at Kinkos for Twelve dollars an hour. the time it just took me to look up his shit.

mj

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#439547 - 10/28/01 05:58 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder if Steve Pool from FL moved to Springfield OR. It almost has his same style written all over it.
Everybody should write this scammer a letter to tell him what a what a disgrace to mushroom groweers he is.
perhaps if enough ppl voiced there opinions he will realize he is not getting away with this much longer.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: ]
    #439558 - 10/28/01 06:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hell, as I recall (I might be mistaken) JLK has been selling those whole dried shrooms for years.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Whats the problem with PETFUNGUS [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #440277 - 10/29/01 04:48 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hi Hawk,

It is Steven Peele not Poole. ANyway they are rediculous.

By the way have you heard from Clyde recently?

I haven't. Need to know whats up.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract