Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #556290 - 02/19/02 01:33 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If that guy dont finish in jail, that would be a good prove to anybody that mushroom growing is not ILLEGAL by itself. Talking about US.

Moderators, feel free to do spell check...and grammar chek :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: Thor]
    #556541 - 02/19/02 05:57 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, this really is going to be a very important case for civil liberties. So many natural plants out there that contain controlled substances including many species of mushrooms. I've never understood that law, how can we be charged with possession of a controlled substance, psilocyn, for having mushrooms. The laws do not say mushrooms containing psilocyn, they simply refer to the scheduled drug. As long as your not extracing the psilocyn and putting it in chemical form.
Anyway, that is a whole other topic.

I'm personally blown away how much money JLF was making from these substances. They siezed nearly a million$$ in assets !!! That is amazing he was making so much money from these substances. I think I started off in the wrong business :smile:
I certainly dont want to see Mark from JLF go to jail for this. Although he should have been a little more careful about some of the substances he was selling. Especially if he knew people could overdose from them. Perhaps he did let greed get the better of him....I dont know.  He did make a good point that the FDA did not send him any warning that he was in violation of any FDA regulations. Yet they were fully aware of what he was selling for several years.

On another note... a big props to his attorney Andrew Matternowsky for taking the case even after the checked bounced from Marks assets being siezed. I hope good things come to him for not turning his back on Mark.

Something that also catches my attention about this JLF seizure, is the fact that the undercover ageant tried talking information out of Mark about illegal activities. Isn't that entraptment ?? And also the fact that they do that. I've had many customers ask if they could meet me for lunch etc and pick up spores and talk to me about growing. I of course decline.
In fact I've been giving a lot of thought to stopping email support of growing tips completly. Psilocyber from Sporeworks and I had a long talk about this. Both of us decided that was to much of a grey area of giving out so much information pertaining to growing mushrooms. Although I try and generalize it to apply to any mushrooms and not specifically illegal mushrooms.
Although I have been very careful as to how I word my advice, I am going to make a change in my policy soon to protect us further.

One last note about what JLF was doing... selling the skin of dried toads so people could get high. That is just lame. Those poor innocent toads. Just creatures of the earth trying to enjoy the swampy life :smile:

My prayers are with Mark and his attorney in hope they do make a difference. These substances in question are produced naturally on this earth. Its our God given right to explore HIS herbs and fruits provided we do it responsibly and do not hurt anyone in the process.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #556729 - 02/19/02 08:15 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hi Everyone,
Thor, thanks for the post, very good. I think/hope this opens the eyes of both the vendors and our customers.

I know Myco Supply has already gotten the "How do I grow magic mushrooms" email a few times. And in todays society its a shame that you have to watch what you say in fear of being prosecuted.

I have to agree with Ryche though, if Mark would have stayed away from the research chemicals, he would have been much safer.

Good luck Mark......

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleJackMehoff
enthusiast

Loc: up your ass
Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #556992 - 02/20/02 12:40 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

In fact I've been giving a lot of thought to stopping email support of growing tips completly. Psilocyber from Sporeworks and I had a long talk about this. Both of us decided that was to much of a grey area of giving out so much information pertaining to growing mushrooms. Although I try and generalize it to apply to any mushrooms and not specifically illegal mushrooms.
Although I have been very careful as to how I word my advice, I am going to make a change in my policy soon to protect us further.

You are so carefull, thoughtfull, and intelligent that you offer your confessions for the record for the Shroomery and the world to see on a regular basis!!  You, like many others talk to much for your own good.  I assume it has something to do with the self stroke of the ego.  Whatever the case, you could start by thinking about what you post on the internet and how you communicate in every instance related to your business and to the cultivation of a controlled substance thru the use of a product that you sell.  Just for starters :laugh:

The JLF raid may have been brought on by his brazenness, his product line, and the crimes and tragedies of those traced back to his business, true enough.  Anyone who believes that the LEO is not interested in illegal mushrooms, those that grow them, or those facilitateing the growing of illegal mushrooms is increadibly naive or increadibly idiotic.

Never under estimate the gullability of the idiot element. 

--------------------
BULLSHIT

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #557046 - 02/20/02 01:24 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

After reading this article and knowing the Government does it surprise anyone that JLF is having problems? Bottom line fellas is this. If you fuck with anything hardline that can be used for X or some other crazy designer shit or chemicals the government is going to lock you up. Stick with spores and leave the hard drugs to someone else. My post may not be popular here but I d probably be just a tad bit pissed myself if I ask a company not to sell something to my kid and they sold it anyway and it resulted in death. Just my take on the whole argument.

--------------------

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #557852 - 02/20/02 08:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think we're going to see a lot more of this kind of thing in the future. How long has this hobby really been a widespread phenomenon? I read somewhere that PF Tek was invented around 1991-92, and I would guess that that's when this hobby really started to take off. After the advent of the internet and sites like this one it literally exploded. Yeah, there are a bunch of old timers who've been doing this for decades, and people here and there have been at it at least since the glorious 60s. But it's only really been in the last ten years that average Joes all across the country have really gotten into shrooming. For most of those ten years, Clinton was in office and it seems he and his administration took a pretty laid back attitude to the whole drug war thing--certainly mushies were VERY low on the agenda.

Now that Bush II is in office, I think it'll be a different story. Don't forget Operation Green Merchant, which was the brainchild of his dad's administration. That's when the Feds raided all sorts of hydroponics dealers (legal merchants, mind you, it's not like they were selling weed), got their customer lists, and then went around with warrants searching the customer's homes. They rounded up tons of growers.

With a Bush back in office (ex-cocaine user, but now a born-again Christian--what's the fuckin' difference, I say) who's enjoying 80% approval ratings despite the fact that this country and its economy are going to hell, you can expect that there will be more Operation Green Merchants in the future (perhaps "Operation Blue Merchant"?).

Everybody ought to be extremely careful, especially vendors, especially when it comes to customer lists. Remember, even stuff you THINK you've deleted from your computer can be recovered with sophisticated software (and I'm sure those guys have the most sophisticated stuff out there).

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: EchoVortex]
    #560371 - 02/23/02 02:05 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

EchoVortex said:

"Now that Bush II is in office, I think it'll be a different story. Don't forget Operation Green Merchant, which was the brainchild of his dad's administration. That's when the Feds raided all sorts of hydroponics dealers (legal merchants, mind you, it's not like they were selling weed), got their customer lists, and then went around with warrants searching the customer's homes. They rounded up tons of growers."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAMM GOOD EXAMPLE!!!!! - I REMEMBER THAT WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineMaddoc
Resurrected!
Male
Loc: London, UK, Basel, CH or ...
Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: Crobih]
    #560517 - 02/23/02 09:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm only glad I dont live in "The land of the free and prosperous".

What a "great society" you have there, its only a matter of time until it all changes, but dont expect it to fall into your laps, it takes time and effort.

--------------------
"Your Gimmiky Restraunt - By J.R. Bennigans"

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #593833 - 03/30/02 04:12 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

There was a good article of this nature in an ER (entheogen review) from last year. JLF was mentioned, I believe.
And now, with all these #$)#$ in power.. all that is left is a small spark of hope.
Amungst the unfortunate incidents mentioned was several downright illegal maneuvers carried out by law enforcement against apparantly innocent buisnesses...
bah, fucking americans.. what the hell is the problem?

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

OfflineJammer

Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: DinoMyc]
    #594216 - 03/31/02 01:04 AM (22 years, 25 days ago)

The problem?

Extremely narrow minded/pig-headed/conservative/boozing RED NECKS! - They blame any drug that they dont do for all of this nation's problems.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (03/31/02 01:05 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: EchoVortex]
    #595197 - 04/01/02 03:23 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Clinton was in office and it seems he and his administration took a pretty laid back attitude to the whole drug war thing
Not true. A record number of non-violent drug offenders have been imprisoned during Clinton's reign.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Swami]
    #595217 - 04/01/02 04:32 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Edited by guitarguy (04/01/02 05:09 AM)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: ]
    #595218 - 04/01/02 04:33 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Edited by guitarguy (04/01/02 04:36 AM)

OfflineJammer

Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: ]
    #595220 - 04/01/02 04:41 AM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Your cool man!

That reply was simply awesome!! I could not of said it better myself. That was very well stated indeed. :wink: 

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinejohnwsmoke
    #595655 - 04/01/02 03:16 PM (22 years, 24 days ago)

Do we have any updates on this interesting situation? I'd sure like to know how things are going...and where to get additional information.
???

--------------------
Jon was a crippled, midget, lezbian boy- but he stood 10' tall with a KNIFE...

OfflineDale_Gribble
journeyman
Loc: Qu?bec
Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems *DELETED* [Re: johnwsmoke]
    #596064 - 04/02/02 12:44 AM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Post deleted by Dale_Gribble

--------------------
''Guns don't kill people the goverment does.''
''You actually believe they landed on the moon...''

Edited by Dale_Gribble (04/06/02 10:50 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: Dale_Gribble]
    #596093 - 04/02/02 01:18 AM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Dale

Would you rather your kid bought unknown substances off a street corner or known substances from a legit vendor who checks for ID?

Leaf

Anonymous

#596120 - 04/02/02 01:57 AM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Seriously..I get your point but why the added drama?

Im sorry but I cant believe a 12 year old has copies of high times lying around with the extra $500 to buy a gram of this stuff.

OfflineDale_Gribble
journeyman
Loc: Qu?bec
Re: Important article - JLF and the DEA/Law problems [Re: ]
    #596927 - 04/02/02 06:37 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

Anybody can purchase a high times all you need is $5.00

And jlf wasn't only selling by the gr. they also had 1/4 gr. for $135.00 it's not very difficult for a bunch of kids to put all of their money together and purchase a 1/4 gr.

And no I wouldn't wan't my kid to purchase from the streets but that doesn't mean that jlf should have been supplying these chemicals in the first place...

Now it's obvious that I was overexagerating but some of the other people that posted didn't seem to understand everything that happened because of mark...

--------------------
''Guns don't kill people the goverment does.''
''You actually believe they landed on the moon...''

Anonymous

#597063 - 04/02/02 09:15 PM (22 years, 22 days ago)

>"And no I wouldn't wan't my kid to purchase from the streets but that doesn't mean that jlf should have been supplying these chemicals in the first place..."<

Well, so Dale, what do you mean? You mean that you support prohibition and scumbags selling unknown shit to kids on a street corner. Let's call a spade a spade.

Leaf

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules