Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
The Mars Volta(video)
    #4309372 -

I was recently introduced to these guys and they are amazing.
So I decided to play them for my sister who is almost strictly Rap and R&B....she fell in love with them.
I love introducing new kinds of music to people. Makes me smile.

I highly recommend that if you haven't heard of these guys then what the hell are you waiting for?!

Get their music...listen to it...it's good stuff! :thumbup:

I posted thier newest video...gotta watch it.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Edited by Desiree (07/06/05 03:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4309439 -

yes it is, they're awesome.

also check at the drive in, the members used to be in that band.


--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4309557 -

you need to see them live sometime.

They jam. They're loud. The drummer gives me chills. The only band I enjoyed more in concert was tool.

When I saw the mars volta they opened for A Perfect Circle. Great show, but I think the opening act gave the better performance that night.

:sun: :heart: :sun:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4309776 -

I'm most def. gonna check them out live when I get the chance.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4309904 -

they supposedly suck ass live, because they're too busy with stage antics to play the damn songs well. at least omar and cedric are.

but hey, the albums are excellent and very trip worthy. very unique music too, i love them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #4310065 -

gbhtrfv said:
they supposedly suck ass live, because they're too busy with stage antics to play the damn songs well. at least omar and cedric are.

but hey, the albums are excellent and very trip worthy. very unique music too, i love them.



this is bullshit. The do some cool stuff on stage, but it does not take away from the songs. The reason they get a bad rep live is because they go on some extended jams which get really hectic and insane. some people don't dig it, but some people are just squares. I loved the jams. I dunno. I only saw them once, but they were so fucking good I about creamed. They made APC seem stale, so that has to say something about what they can do on the stage. I loved thier show. I'd pay twice as much as I did for that bill just to see them again, by themselves.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4310157 -

one of the most amazing bands of our generation IMO. not many bands exist that move me like these guys do, and i love a lot of music.

also the most amazing live show i have ever seen. some people get 'stage antics' mixed up with endulgent jamming and feeling the moment. ignore the haters, these guys are the real deal!!


--------------------


what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4310451 -

I didn't like them too much at first, but after listening to them more they definatly rock.  Thats awesome you got your sister into em :thumbup:


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: fung_us_among_us]
    #4310562 -

fung_us_among_us said:
also check at the drive in, the members used to be in that band.



:yesnod: i actually prefer At The Drive In's first CD to anything i've heard by the Mars Volta


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4310711 -

i hate their new album, most of it is terrible. but i like the older stuff a bit


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Edited by Locus (06/18/05 12:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: Locus]
    #4310779 -

This band is good......but VERY over-rated.


--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: Chazzersize]
    #4310782 -

absolutely overrated


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: Locus]
    #4310793 -

I can't figure out why anyone would like them. Believe me I tried.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: Locus]
    #4312288 -

No way are they overrated. people like them because they rock. They kick ass. Period.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4313541 -

Desiree said:
No way are they overrated. people like them because they rock. They kick ass. Period.



:yesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: Locus]
    #4313551 -

Over rated by who.  They are just now starting to get popular... i think they are just great.

They where the best show i saw at bonnaroo.  Dave and Trey.... now they are overrated :smile:.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4313837 -

Well fuck you then bitch. Period.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: Locus]
    #4314949 -

I like them, I liked them as At The Drive In better though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: Locus]
    #4315090 -

Locus said:
Well fuck you then bitch. Period.



Whoa...why the hell are you all bitter towards me?
I'm just stating my opinion.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mars Volta [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4315222 -

someones momma didn't hold them enough.



I loved, and still love, at the drive-in, but I'm not so quick to compare the two bands simply because they shared members. I don't see the music as being very simillar between the two. And lets not forget the other at the drive-in spin off band, Sparta, which kinda blows, but I will admit that for an emo band, they are about as good as you can get.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Mars Volta evilchipmunk 1,382 17 08/12/04 11:29 PM
by vade
* A band to look out for -- The Mars Volta HB 1,451 18 06/03/03 01:41 PM
by Revelation
* Mars Volta and psychedelic lyrics Polyrhythmanaut 2,128 19 08/28/07 08:05 AM
by Random Patterns
* At The Drive-In vs The Mars Volta - A Poll
( 1 2 all )
AbstractHarmonix 3,595 24 09/17/05 08:58 PM
by muse_sick
* The Mars Volta
( 1 2 all )
chemistry 2,907 28 05/09/05 02:52 PM
by patchallen
* Mars Volta live at Galatos
( 1 2 all )
Sheepish 3,149 20 02/09/04 03:00 PM
by oneducktwoducks
* Another The Mars Volta Thread AlCapwn 898 11 03/28/07 10:23 PM
by TrippinNinjaBuddha
* Mars Volta rockstafarian 921 9 10/17/03 01:11 PM
by mr_kite

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
7,513 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.