Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTommyG
Stranger
Amanita muscaria????????
    #715397 - 07/01/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I have a mushroom that looks kike a yellow Amanita muscaria but the flakes on the cap are the same color with very little white on the flakes and the stem also has a yellow tint.I live in N.Y. What are these

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: TommyG]
    #715701 - 07/01/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

is the spore print white? is the base bulbous?

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinetreebeard
Stranger
Loc: upstate N.Y
    #715993 - 07/01/02 02:56 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

need more information, did you take a spoore print , do you have pics, i have found some real nice , very plentiful , poison ivy , this shit itches like crazzy.

OfflineTommyG
Stranger
Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: treebeard]
    #717942 - 07/02/02 11:19 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I ate 2 caps and a stem last night and felt really nice and smoked some mj. What would be a good dose if i dry them in the oven and did not use any other drugs? and how much would I have to smoke to feel the effects?

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
    #717965 - 07/02/02 11:33 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I would not eat the yellow amanitas. Some say they are good, some say they are deadly....since your not dead i would say they are fine but be carefull.

The whole Amanita family has 2 chemicals that produce intoxication and death- ibotenic acid and muscimol. Ibotenic acid is the poison that kills your liver if you eat the wrong Amanita. Muscimol produces the trip. In the red Amanita Muscaria the level of ibotenic acid is very low, therefor rendering the mushroom trippable (wont kill 'ya). In all of the other mushrooms in the Amanita family the level of ibotenic acid is much higher, at lethal levels. The yellow caped Amanitas do contain more ibotenic acid then its red caped relative. Ibotenic acid is converted into Muscimol in the liver, but not much can be handled by your liver. Therefor if there is too much ibotenic acid in the mushroom it causes liver failure.

I wouldn't eat the yellow ones, even though many have said to be fine after munching them down. Be carefull with the whole Amanita family none the less.

Also make sure you prepare the red or yellow capped Amanitas properly, if done right they will cause no nausea at all

Trying hard to help,
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
    #717977 - 07/02/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

All Amanitas can be defined as deadly or not just my their look. There is only one kind of Amanita with a red cap, the safe one. This is the same for the yellow one. If you did stumble upon a poisonous Amania you probably would not be able to identify it as part of the Amanita family because it looks much different. Therefor there is no reason for spore print color or any of that nonsence.

A good dose is 10 grams cracker dry. If you put them fresh in the oven make sure to slice them in half length-wise(sp) to dry them out completely. Once they look dry in the oven keep them in for 10 more minutes because high heat destroys ibotenic acid(poison). The only part in the mushroom worth smoking is the thin skin layer on the top because it contains the most "magic". I wouldn't suggest it because the smoke is **FUCKING HORRIBLE!!**.

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinewhy
journeyman
Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: Fd3000]
    #724260 - 07/05/02 07:12 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You said:

Ibotenic acid is the poison that kills your liver if you eat the wrong Amanita.

----

I think you need to do more research.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: Fd3000]
    #724373 - 07/05/02 08:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Ibotenic acid is not poison. The toxins in Amanitas are amatoxins, which are not present in A. muscaria. I suggest you read up on Amanitas a little bit at www.erowid.org

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Gumby]
    #725077 - 07/05/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineTwistedRedneck
enthusiast
Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: ]
    #725216 - 07/05/02 05:02 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i ate 3 grams of dried amanitas (european - supposedly much more potent) with 2 grams of some homegrown cubies. tripped balls - but it was a very hazy/dreamy/drunken trip. Not sure how much of it was amanitas and how much was cubes, but id imagine some of it HAD to be the amanitas b/c of the intensity of the trip. No bad side effects but i dunno how much they woulda done on their own

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: TwistedRedneck]
    #725381 - 07/05/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

That sounds more like an Amanita trip to me... They're described as a drunken, dreamy, delerium... not a trip at all in my opinon. LizardKing has a friend who loves the Amanita experience... But it sure doesn't sound like much fun to me.

OfflineTwistedRedneck
enthusiast
Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: Gumby]
    #725463 - 07/05/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

well i meant those things + the normal mushroom trip (ie visuals and loss of reality)

OfflineMushroomBoy123
enthusiast

Loc: Wa
    #725501 - 07/05/02 07:47 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

some mushrooms take a few days to kill you, i would just wait a while longer before you decide that those were good mushrooms..

--------------------
There is a Fungus amoung us.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#726370 - 07/06/02 11:15 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Do not try amanita until youre sure what type it is
Amanita virosa and Amanita phalloides are poisonous,you wont fill nothing nice but die after some time[usually 3-4-5-6-7 days]
A muscaria and A pantherina are the amanitas you can trip on, not sure bout A mappa/citrina
Ive consumed twice amanita pantherinas[after readling everyhing in www.erowid.org and here]It was mad but somehow i didnt trip
First time I ate half of a little-medium sized shroom and that took 3 hitz from the best weed I could get,and the ganja plant was MAD.
in the first ten minutes-while we walked to the school ( wee took them in the break - I know, stupid )And during this short walk I felt...somehow beautiful,all things were alot beautiful and somehow sunny - I percieve everything like this in life)
I was cleared.Also I felt the ganja high I felt the shroom,too-even only in the first 10 mins.Nice
The second time I ate myself one pantherina - I had dried it on the sun for 3 sunny dayz and after that on a grill.I ate it 10 minutes before leaving home.The same - just before leaving[i smoked no weed] I was laughing at my mum without any reason.If was funny.But the laugh wasnt like a weed laugh - caused by the substance, it was a laught from my hearght,with which I somehow expressed love,everythinig wan so natural.
I felt the fading effects bout 1 hr after injesting
I noticed that pantherina both times made me nervous for about a week after i ate them.Thats why I think pantherina is no good,also she contains Folin - which fucks up your stomach
A few days in a talk with a friend he told me I shouldnt eat no food 4 hrs before the trip.Before those twho trips I probably ate a lot ( I eat alot )Is this why I felt so weak effects ?
Ive got another question,too
I know kids are more pliable to shrooms[for dosing information] but is it dangerous and cat it make to me something it wont do to a adult ?Im 14
Thakz & hope the info would be halpful

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: T0aD]
    #4306362 - 06/17/05 12:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

amanita has edibles in the family. amanita caesarea, amanita rubescens, amanita solitaria, amanita echinocephala, amanita inaurata, amanita spissa, amanita fulva, and amanita umbrinolutea are all edible amanitas. amanita phalloides and others contain wicked ass toxins. look at this
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=amanitin&btnG=Search
then search for images of ibotenic acid, and muscarine.

the toxins from the toxic amanitas are so large, that your liver cannot process them. they come in the liver and cause damage, cannot be broken down, and then go for another loop in the body. the chemicals keep looping untill they kill. its said taking amoxicillin after eating a toxic amanita will block that action, but must be taken imediately. amanitas are fun!

--------------------

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria???????? [Re: S8N]
    #4306396 - 06/17/05 12:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, amanimaniac, stop bumping three year old threads :smirk:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures