Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Substance free lifestyles
    #4261705 - 06/05/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I've cut a lot of things from my life in the past year such as:  Marijuana, cigarettes, and most recently alcohol.  Smoked herb pretty heavily for a few years, and along with that picked up a pack a day cigarette habit.  Dropped the pot a year or two ago but picked up alcohol and continued smoking cigs.  6 months ago I quit smoking completely, and recently stopped drinking alcohol altogether.  Coffee is my only remaining vice, and I plan to start working on that one this week.

Add a good diet + exercise into the diet, and you just won't believe the change it can make.  The depression, doubt and weirdness in my life has gone away. 

Not harping or telling anyone what to do, lifestyle choices are just that.  However, if you have any doubt that a substance is causing you strife or grief (specifically alcohol!) then just stop taking it, period.

Never thought I'd say it, but it feels good to be 100% sober, if you can imagine that.  You'll lose some drinking buddies in the process, but who cares, it's the best move you can make for yourself.  Get rid of these shit chemicals we pour into our bodies all day.  The body rebuilds and changes, and so does the mind, all for the better.  It's an amazing process to experience.  Feel free to share your stories, I'm just relaying mine to you.  This is a REALLY good place to be. :smile:

Take care  :cool:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyillyazul
verbal doubleedged sword BFTD

Loc: zion
Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: Holydiver]
    #4261782 - 06/05/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Are you talking Psilo too?? I hear you loud on the alcohol. I visit the town I grew up in, the people I used to go to school with and such, everyone of them is in a rut. They all drink. They all wonder what the problem is and why nothing gets any better. In my view, alcohol is the opposite substance. People think that they are making progress, then they get wasted, forget it all on a regular basis, and spin their tires in the sand down to the frame. They have fun the whole time, but an illusory progress is being clinged too. They stay kids. I hate that they think I am the one with the problem because I am crazy about fungus. I'm happy. What a backwards world. My father loves his Don Julio, only problem?? He is almost sixty, but remains seventeen. Has a new baby, divorced... UNHAPPY. CONFUSED. It really just makes me want to enlighten them to benefits of the psychedelic experience. They completely shut off to the idea. WTF?? Glad to hear that you realize the drain of alcohol on the Soul. Board sports are a rad way to exercise while fulfilling some creative expression of the psyche. I have to ask though, cannabis can't possibly be added to the list of shit chemicals, can it?? I feel its a gift/fruit that accompanies the sacrament perfectly.

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: Substance free lifestyles *DELETED* [Re: Holydiver]
    #4261798 - 06/05/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

Invisiblepsyillyazul

Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: poboy]
    #4261871 - 06/05/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Tripping is not not sober. Tripping is sobering up for REAL. To the One truth.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4261875 - 06/05/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

psyillyazul, I don't think I would categorize cannabis in the shit category with alcohol, but it's definitely not healthy for me. I can't speak for everyone on that one. To each his own, different reactions. I don't like where my mind was (or wasn't) when I smoked all the time. Besides, herb was majorly addicting for me, and I hate addictions. Good words on alcohol there, it is definitely a soul leach. Too many wasted nights drunk, screw that jazz.

poboy, yes I did trip recently. I didn't include psilocybin into this because I feel that it has virtually no negative effects on my physiology (can't say that for the rest). Still unsure where psilocybin belongs in all of this.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm sober with or without the occasional mushroom trip I partake in.

--------------------

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: Substance free lifestyles *DELETED* [Re: Holydiver]
    #4261992 - 06/05/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4262025 - 06/05/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you've been there and back Poboy...it's not easy, I know. That sucks about alcohol in your family, sorry. Alcohol is a cunning killer.

--------------------

Invisiblepsyillyazul

#4262059 - 06/05/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Deffinately is Miller Time in the west. I hate it.

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: psyillyazul]
    #4262695 - 06/06/05 06:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psyillyazul said:
Tripping is not not sober. Tripping is sobering up for REAL. To the One truth.

Yeah, I was about to ask "How do you know that tripping isn't true sobriety?", but you beat me... sorta.

And many people 'cleanse' themselves spiritual/mentally with psilocybin. I know that it has help some former addicts on the Shroomery.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4262726 - 06/06/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
I've cut a lot of things from my life in the past year such as:  Marijuana, cigarettes, and most recently alcohol.  Smoked herb pretty heavily for a few years, and along with that picked up a pack a day cigarette habit.  Dropped the pot a year or two ago but picked up alcohol and continued smoking cigs.  6 months ago I quit smoking completely, and recently stopped drinking alcohol altogether.  Coffee is my only remaining vice, and I plan to start working on that one this week.

Add a good diet + exercise into the diet, and you just won't believe the change it can make.  The depression, doubt and weirdness in my life has gone away. 

Not harping or telling anyone what to do, lifestyle choices are just that.  However, if you have any doubt that a substance is causing you strife or grief (specifically alcohol!) then just stop taking it, period.

Never thought I'd say it, but it feels good to be 100% sober, if you can imagine that.  You'll lose some drinking buddies in the process, but who cares, it's the best move you can make for yourself.  Get rid of these shit chemicals we pour into our bodies all day.  The body rebuilds and changes, and so does the mind, all for the better.  It's an amazing process to experience.  Feel free to share your stories, I'm just relaying mine to you.  This is a REALLY good place to be. :smile:

Take care  :cool:

Well i think that what you say "goes without saying" BUT it is very difficult to become apparent if one is entangled in a "LIFESTYLE of drugs" (Read liberlly :substance ABuse).Psychoactives for me are not life style. They can be used rarely but certainly not lifestyle.The benefits of them cant be reaped if one is "into them" ,meaning that more or less if you monitor this person for a week you will see him getting high continuously on different substances (read: Polydrug abuse).

For me mushrooms can be eye opening but they are not a once a month thing.Its once a year,and im not a user of other psychotropics so...yeah, i notice no ill effects,quite on the contrary.

It may come like being hit by a boulder for some people that "drugs are not a lifestyle" but they will get it once they feel the effects for themselves.Diver ,for example,if i told you that drug usage is not a lifestyle at least not a lifestyle without bad side effects BEFORE you found out for yourself,would you have listened to me and modified your behaviour accordingly?

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4270388 - 06/08/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm glad to see that you were able to conquer your habits, Diver.  I went through similar times of chemical dependency in my life as well.  My first vice was marijuana which I used every day for a year and a half.  I finally found the strength to quit and as a result I had to sever all ties with my circle of friends as their lives revolved around getting high.  I had few friends and nothing but spare time on my hands so this is when I began lifting weights.  It changed my life forever.

I recently quit drinking coffee which I never thought would happen.  I was a very heavy caffeine user.  I was up to 400mg per day in pill form.  I felt drowsy and had minor headaches for the first few days but it has been a couple weeks now and I'm feeling better than I have in years.  This is the way we were meant to live  :thumbup:

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4270965 - 06/08/05 08:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
This is the way we were meant to live  :thumbup:

Hey PowerTrip, thanks for the comments.  I couldn't agree more with that last line.  It feels so right, finally.  I've been chasing this feeling for years with various substances, how ironic that it is finally achieved after REMOVING everything.  Good job on the caffeine, that's an achievement in itself.  Any recommendations on that one? :smile:

Far as friends go, better to be alone and working out (improving yourself) than in so-so company and doing things not-so-great for yours body/mind/spirit.

--------------------

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4278258 - 06/09/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Good job on the caffeine, that's an achievement in itself. Any recommendations on that one?

Honestly it wasn't even something I planned. I had tripped on mushrooms two days before and realized many things I wanted to change about my life. I just woke up that morning and looked at my coffee maker and told myself: "Nope. Not today." You most likely will get minor headaches, these didn't bother me much though. I just took two baby aspirin and they went away. You will feel somewhat drowsy in the mornings but you have a constant energy level throughout the day instead of that sudden haze that normally sets in when your caffeine wears off. I was a very heavy caffeine user and I never even thought about quitting, so trust me, you can do it.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4278321 - 06/10/05 12:25 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

sometimes i think some drugs are here to make us realize how much we take sober life for granted.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #4278783 - 06/10/05 04:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Substance free lifestyle

What fun is that?

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4279081 - 06/10/05 08:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Take a look at the picture in your sig. It perfectly equates to underlying mentality of the statement you just made.  :lol: :smirk:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Edited by egghead1 (06/10/05 08:50 AM)

Invisiblepsyillyazul

Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: egghead1]
    #4284867 - 06/11/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In my belief, anyone who finds the joy of smoking cannabis and uses it as an excuse not to do anything else will fail. Life will pass him by as he watches it forever unmotivated until it's too late. Your body does overcome THC. You just have to increase the input info with the addition of the chemical. Everyone usually shuts of the data flow. Keep up with the stimulus and new information/ideas always. Just thoughts.

Offlinedalorean
Loc: AZ
Re: Substance free lifestyles [Re: psyillyazul]
    #4298029 - 06/15/05 02:35 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I can relate. I drink everyday. smoke cigs only when I drink(can work all day and not touch one). Once I take that first drag, I feel like shit. Not when intoxicated though. Weed, I smoke one hit once in a blue moon, only when I alone, or with 1 certain friend. So, I finally got a PC grow finished, and took a couple grams, with the mindset for personal spiritual insight, hoping to find my path. I knew I needed a change in something. So I dosed alone and just let my life pass me. Frankly, I went to a bad trip. I hated myself. I knew who I used to be to whom I have developed, and I was sickened with what I have seen. I knew I needed a change. That change for me is to stop focusing on my discusting substance habits, and take care of my body, and the few friends I have left around me. I have a high motabolism, so smoking makes me physically weak and skinnier. My growth has stunted, and other negative physical aspects. I am still trying to drop my habits. I know I need to but when I get home from a hard days work that Ice cold frosty beer sounds SOOO refreshing. I know I need help, I just need to take the right steps. But hey. at least I realized what my damn problem has been with myself. Any insight would be awesome.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract