Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Kundalini Yoga
    #4239726 - 05/31/05 11:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey people I need some advice. For a few months, I have been considering starting yoga classes and now as the summer is here, I started seriously searching for places. I have found a couple but some of my friends in the lines of ram dass told me that Kundalini Yoga had its dangers if practiced under a wrong teacher.

My question is to those who know some info about kundalini yoga and some advices on choosing a teacher. It would probably be evident after a few sessions but I don't want to put my wrong foot from the start.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Kundalini Yoga [Re: BanJankri]
    #4247560 - 06/02/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i just know a few things and i told ya,
here is a bump for your post!

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Kundalini Yoga [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4248498 - 06/02/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm interested as well. They say a Kundalini awakening can be a very powerful (good) thing if handled properly.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Kundalini Yoga [Re: BanJankri]
    #5070191 - 12/16/05 05:59 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

good questions..

I wonder about taking classes..

BUMP!?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Kundalini Yoga [Re: Gomp]
    #5070196 - 12/16/05 06:03 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

From my understanding, Kundalini can be an awesome technique, if practiced properly, just as you said. The only way to know about teachers is to ask around, see what others think, and to see for yourself. Go talk to potential instructors, and choose the one that really stands out to you.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineOMniversal
A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Male

Loc: The Synaptic Cleft
Re: Kundalini Yoga [Re: dblaney]
    #5071411 - 12/16/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have been meaning to get more involved with Kundalini Yoga as well, I know a couple people who have said its wonderful. I have read about the dangers as well, so Im sketchy about where to start. Anyone here experienced an awakening?

--------------------
"We contemplate the same stars, the Heavens are common to us all, and the same world surrounds us. What matters the path of wisdom by which each person seeks the truth? One cannot reach such a great mystery by a single path." - Symmachus, challenging the violent persecution of pagans by Catholic Roman emperor Theodosius I

"When you look at yourself from a universal standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about."
-Einstein

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Kundalini Yoga [Re: OMniversal]
    #5071576 - 12/16/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm practicing Kundalini by myself. It's a great to get in tune with yourself and I haven't felt this at peace with myself in a while... But I have a long ways to go.

I learned most techniques through the site: http://www.kundaliniyoga.org

They have 25 free lessons to start you off, which is more than enough to last you for years to come.

From my understanding, the raising of Kundalini energy is only dangerous when your physical and mental body don't facilitate it. That is, do the technique right, and you'll raise the energy properly. If you don't, you're risking damage to yourself.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Kundalini Yoga [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #5071929 - 12/16/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i've had kundalini shoot up my spine while on herb.

it's painful as hell and i see why they call it dangerous. hopefully i haven't damaged anything.

as for kundalini yoga, i don't know about that. I'm doing hatha yoga and next semester its a chakra oriented class I believe.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale