Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru?
    #11626460 -

Any ideas? Not too many in the Western hemisphere and I'm seeking the help of one if at all possible. I'd like to find one locally, but don't really know where to start short of just posting on craigslist. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: krypto2000]
    #11626479 -

Google?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: Gumby]
    #11626482 -

Not really sure what to search for. I can find many online sure, but no one local.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: krypto2000]
    #11626508 -

I don't know that kundalini yoga is the most practical type of yoga to practice.

Anything involving chakras, kundalini, and other spiritual matters on this level are difficult to delve into and achieve substantive results.

I'd check out a "hot yoga" center in your area and take a free session and exchange phone numbers with as many people as possible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: Gumby]
    #11626514 -

Gumby said:
Google?



no way man its all about BING?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: krypto2000]
    #11626520 -

There's plenty of teachers to be found, usually for a hefty price.

A guru though, the idea is that you will be naturally led to your guru by the workings of the universe and any attempts to artificially contact a guru will be met with failure.

I'd just get a book from borders if I were you, there's plenty of good materiel out there.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: krypto2000]
    #11626531 -

I'm not practicing any one thing in particular, I don't even orient myself with any particular religion. I've never knowingly done yoga even, I'd just like someone to talk to about this. For the most part I feel ok on my own, but it'd be nice to have a guide who's been there to help with these tough times. They're rare, and they seem to be getting better, but man they can be overwhelming to put it lightly.

That isn't bad advice though, I'll look into that. Perhaps I can find others that can help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: g00ru]
    #11626536 -

guruu said:
A guru though, the idea is that you will be naturally led to your guru by the workings of the universe and any attempts to artificially contact a guru will be met with failure.



Wouldn't me seeking one be the natural start of that process?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: World Spirit]
    #11626575 -

it seems you might have an erroneous idea of what the kundalini is.
think of the chakric system as an energetic conduit running through the center of the human body, with various nodes or synapses running along the corridor of this conduit, each one operating at a different frequency. now think of the kundalini as a coiled mass of energy resting at the base of this conduit, then imagine it as it moves its way through the conduit, firing and activating each chakric synapse as it moves through it. this is the process of kundalini awakening which can only occur through the individuals own experience, not vicariously through someone who has had the kundalini awakening, such as a guru. it has to come from within you and through your own experience. it is possible to assist someone on their way to kundalini awakening through teaching, but again, the awakening must come from within the individual.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: krypto2000]
    #11626598 -

Yeah good point. But a real guru isn't just going to be handing out his services to just anybody.  Normally you have to be very advanced already, from what I've read.

There's a difference between a guru and a teacher.  A guru is an enlightened master.  A teacher can be anybody who has something you can learn from, which is basically everybody (well, almost everybody). And you can find teachers all over the place, of highly variable quality.

If you really wanted a guru, your best bet would be to go to india.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? [Re: g00ru]
    #11626630 -

True, I suppose I'm not ready for a guru. I'm well aware that teachers are everywhere, I am talking to you guys after all :smile:. :hug:

It just gets intense sometimes, like... wow. I need some help slowing it down as it can get really uncomfortable. An uncomfort to which I've not known before, though, well.. at this point that uncomfort is a familiar uncomfort but... bah.. Any advice on how to deal with that? I know some of you, all of you(?), have experienced it at some point. I know simple things like 'go with the flow' etc, but that's easier said that done.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* a trip stac, and kundalini the only way 2 let God run through your nerves sos 1,230 4 10/22/05 10:23 AM
by leery11
* Kundalini Yoga BanJankri 1,087 7 12/16/05 03:04 PM
by leery11
* Need Help Finding Vietnam Pic Dankman 1,532 5 02/27/04 05:37 PM
by Dankman
* Ahem: How did you find your drug "hookup"?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 10,844 30 06/03/17 01:16 PM
by ModestMouse
* Trying to find direction in life. Oscuro_lobo 2,758 15 10/16/02 03:28 AM
by Oscuro_lobo
* How did you find the shroomery?
( 1 2 3 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 5,946 53 09/06/05 02:51 AM
by Vex
* Do you find yourself in this situation...? filthysock 1,236 15 03/18/04 12:12 PM
by iloveraving
* OMG I really did find the best Dead show ever! Phishgrrl 1,374 15 05/14/04 08:12 PM
by kosmic_charlie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,161 topic views. 0 members, 18 guests and 167 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.