Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
The most brilliant band of recent memory??
    #423097 -

Well if you haven't heard of these guys, you probably know little about this rather unique group called Sigur Ros ... They are becoming quite popular amongst Europeans, and in fact are getting such incredible critical acclaim the world over.



Check out this review off of Audiogalaxy.com: Leave Speechless

I personally recommend you check out:
Sigur Ros - Staralur
Sigur Ros - Nyja Lagif


Of course Sigur Ros just happens to be Icelandic, now you can see why Bjork is not as popular in Iceland anymore thanks to these guys.



_______________________________________
Administrator of the Shroomery
thor@shroomery.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Thor]
    #423100 -

Oh yeah, also had to add that these guys opened for RadioHead on their recent tour... So if you like Kid A, then you MUST check out these guys....

_______________________________________
Administrator of the Shroomery
thor@shroomery.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Thor]
    #423468 -

I'll have to check them out.

A band that I love is called Bella Fleck and the Flecktones. Bela Fleck plays and electric banjo, yet the music is NOT normally considered Bluegrass or Country. Rather his electric banjo usually sounds much like a guitar and the final product sounds like modern jazz or even funk. I mean, I love hard rock as well. But if you want a relaxing trip check out the most popular electric banjo player Bela Fleck.

>>Jammer>>


--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Thor]
    #425895 -

that is a great cd.

k


--------------------
----------------------------------------
we hope that you choke

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Thor]
    #426852 -

they are going to be on the show reverb on hbo soon.
i dont know the day or time but if you care you can probably figure it out for yourself.
theyre on with bjork.
its an icelandic thing i guess.

k


--------------------
----------------------------------------
we hope that you choke

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Thor]
    #429446 -

Sigur Ros is brillant stuff. Just awesome. Like Thor said if you haven't heard them, you should really check them out.

Lately though I have been listening to LOTS of old Pixies records. I hadn't listened to them in a few months, and after this little "relapse" of listening to them again I remebered why I liked them so much. They are fucking awesome.
check out The Pixies - at the bbc. This is my current favorite.


Thor, do you buy most of your records online? or at stores? I hate buying them at stores cause they are too damn expensive, and the only online store I know of is insound.com...and I am tired of their bullshit. They are like a wolf in sheeps clothing. Cd-now disguised as independent.

and like always sonic youth, built to spill, silver jews, and tool are in rotation around the clock.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Thor]
    #430225 -

sigur ros is cool... some other similar atmospheric bands to check out, if you can find their albums anywhere, are Godspeed you black emperor! and A silver mount zion. well actually those are side projects of the same people but they're still really good.


--------------------
---

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Amoeba665]
    #431277 -

check out: Mogwai, and Immense

Immense you may have some trouble finding their cds, but it is some intsrumental bad ass stuff. Mogwai you can find at best buy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Jammer]
    #431377 -

I would call Bela fusion.

Christ, I'm a music nerd.


--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil
 
- Thomas Paine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Thor]
    #442460 -

Yeah they rule..i've been a fan for a while now ..just saw them live last month too, it was sweet.

peace
Soma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Soma]
    #443034 -

Godspeed You Black Emporer
Jimmy Eat World
Phish- always
The Refreshments/The Peacemakers
Radiohead
Jack Johnson
Elliot Smith-

all great bands, very good shit


--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: roykinn]
    #444073 -

Must I say it?

Tool.


--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: KeepAskingTime]
    #444380 -


my list of modern music (no particular order):
sigur ros - mm :) such pretty music
radiohead - probably my all time favourite group
mogwai - some great guitar parts
bjork - need i say?
brian eno (not so much modern, but timeless)
jeff buckley - angelvoice
air - dreamy...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: ciccone_youth]
    #448613 -

I kinda like Mogwai but I find them so depressing. It's some of the most miserable sounding shit I've heard since the Cure's Pornography. I want to hear more songs sung in Gallic though. It's such a haunting language...


--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: roykinn]
    #448618 -

Hey somebody mentioned the Refreshments! They were a really fun and talented. Sucks they broke up. The Peacemakers are good though, they have some beautiful lyrics.
I saw Jack Johnson live a few months ago and I liked him. I wasn't that impressed with his album though.


--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Jammer]
    #448624 -

I haven't heard bella fleck and the flecktones but my brother said he liked em and he has good taste in music. I'll have to check them out. Tool kicks ass! I just saw them in concert on the first and they were better live than on cd. They put on a great show and sounded fuking fantastic!


--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: Fina]
    #448625 -

I dunno, tool def got the rookie of the year award but in their age they seem to be getting quite stale, shut is all the same.

Pixies!? what year is this? yeah they kick ass, i remeber the 80's too.

Yeah Bela Fleck is pretty fucking amazing, I only saw them once, and i have to leave before the encore because i was tripping so hard i cound't seperate my thoughts from reality.

Sound Tribe Sector 9 was a pretty impressive show, but a little too much of a "positive energy" hippy vibe for my tastes.

Radio head, don't think i'd see them again, it was cool, but i might as well just listened to their albums on random, they don't do much in the way of improv.

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, NOTHING has blow me as like the disco biscuits. They are the coolest band i've ever seen. I've been to 30 shows so far, and i'm doing the east coast tour in December. Can't wait, FUCK YEAH



--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #448628 -

Oh yeah plus
Soul Coughing (broke up)
Medeski martin and wood
Moe
Deep Banana Black out (to an extent)
and many many more


--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #449504 -

well, I think Tool has progressed a lot....Lateralus, wow........I don't care too much to listen to anything else....except Aenima and some Shpongle.


--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The most brilliant band of recent memory?? [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #467090 -

the olivia tremor control... lo fi, beautiful songs.


--------------------
It seems the last laugh always falls upon us, and I won't fight it anymore.
And when the music stops I'll step back into the dark, and wait for the encore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* most overrated bands\artists of all time.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 10,684 93 11/10/03 08:14 AM
by SizzlinJ
* Worst Band?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ShroomOmatic 9,477 103 03/01/06 09:34 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Bands with sax?
( 1 2 all )
barfightlard 2,371 25 06/22/05 09:24 PM
by southcoastgold
* List ten bands you grew up with that were influential to you
( 1 2 all )
crazyman 3,734 25 01/27/05 08:02 PM
by Fallere2k72
* What bands/artists have you seen in concert?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 9,559 62 12/27/07 11:10 PM
by pinkfloydms
* any bands you wanna see live this year
( 1 2 all )
scotsman1 1,821 21 02/06/04 05:24 PM
by KackleDude
* My Friend's Band Liquid Squid 533 3 08/15/03 08:14 AM
by Semilanceata
* can you reply about the incredible string band? mr_kite 595 2 07/11/03 08:20 AM
by TheHobbit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,387 topic views. 0 members, 9 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.