Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
What sort of mushroom producing fungus can i innocculate grass clippings with in the midwest?
    #4219061 - 05/25/05 05:52 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

im a landscaper, and have bags and bags of grass when im done each day with working. im wondering if there is anything that i can innoc the bags with to produce some mushrooms?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What sort of mushroom producing fungus can i innocculate grass clippings with in the midwest? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4219093 - 05/25/05 06:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

none

you might be able to make some compost with it.

of course you would have to add other things to that.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What sort of mushroom producing fungus can i innocculate grass clippings with in the midwest? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4219094 - 05/25/05 06:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Are you talking active mushrooms? There may be an edible or something, but grass clippings are usless for actives. Need grass seed, grains, dung, straw, or wood, depending on the species.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
    #4219197 - 05/25/05 06:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

coprinus
its a worthless lil' lbm but it might help you brake those grass clipping down into useful garden mulch :wink:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: What sort of mushroom producing fungus can i innocculate grass clippings with in the midwest? [Re: deanofmean]
    #4219454 - 05/25/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i dont care about actives, i konw that the only ones in IL are pan, subs, and plateus scalinicus, and grass isnt what they grow on.

i want any sortt of mushrooms.
i just cut open about 5 bags of grass and some myc seemed to be growing on it, what kind i dont know, i never really see mushrooms grow on any of my compost piles

but i was thinking that kepeing them in the 2 layer paper lawn bags would help give enough humidity for somthing to grow...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation