Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Learyfan]
    #4180357 -

Gee, Leary... I'm sorry I horned in on your trademark schtick of posting a cartoon with every single post. I didn't realize you had a copyright on that ploy.



Phred


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Phred]
    #4180914 -

This whole thing is something that has been pissing me off for a long time. Journalists don't consider the consequences of their reporting, assuming that thirld-world people and terrorists don't ever read papers or watch TV and that anything that shakes the headlines is a safe bet. That is the biggest problem with terroristm policy, the media doesn't realize that they are being used by terrorists and guerillas. The point of terrorism isn't to kill everyone, or to win by force, it is to make sensational pictures that scare people into political change.

In regard to this story, it is also sad how newspeople believe there reporting has no repercussions. It could be argued that had they not over-inflated Abu Ghraib alot of people may not have been beheaded. Maybe. I'm not talking sensorship, just responsibility.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4181595 -

I don't know about y'all, but the first thing I thought when I saw the news footage of people rioting in the mid-east was "What on earth is the matter with these people?!?" Granted, Marilyn Manson ripping up bibles irritated me, and some people saw fit to protest outside of his venues, but was there rioting in the streets across the country?!? Fires? DEATHS?!? These people are insane!

I love how the liberals always come out of the woodwork when something like this or Abu Girab happens, bleeding their hearts for these poor misunderstood Muslims, with the mean ol' Christian right in the US picking on 'em. They bitch and moan with exaggerations about the Christian conservatives pushing their views on people and scheming to turn the U.S. into a theocracy. But when the U.S. even talks tough with an Arab nation, the lefties are the first to rush to defend Islamic conservatives, people who are infinately more intolerant. Damnit, people in these countries can be executed by the state for converting to Christianity, and you bitch about the religious right in the U.S.? I just don't get it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: HillBilly777]
    #4181703 -

Why do we let the prisoners at G-bay even have the Koran? If terrorists get their inspiration from that, it should be considered hate literature, and we should burn them by the thousands in front of our capital building.


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: looner2]
    #4182249 -

> Why do we let the prisoners at G-bay even have the Koran?

Because America believes in a persons right to practice their faith regardless of anything else... as long as the practice of their faith doesn't involve the use of any drug other than alcohol.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Seuss]
    #4182299 -

multilayered humor... nice :smile:


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4182742 -

Newsweek has officially retracted the article. I just find it disgusting that Fox News is covering this news, and is stressing responsible journalism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Phred]
    #4182830 -

Phred said:
Gee, Leary... I'm sorry I horned in on your trademark schtick of posting a cartoon with every single post. I didn't realize you had a copyright on that ploy.



Phred



:lol: I'm just joking Phred.  I know I should have used a  :smile: smiley to let you know, but it looked funnier without it.  Sorry dude.







--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4182866 -

Quote:
Journalists don't consider the consequences of their reporting



What makes you think they didn't have a pretty damn good idea just what would happen?

Which are they.... sleazebags or idiots?


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #4182935 -

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:
Journalists don't consider the consequences of their reporting



What makes you think they didn't have a pretty damn good idea just what would happen?

Which are they.... sleazebags or idiots?



I forget who it was that said, "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance." My guess it they're idiots.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Silversoul]
    #4182955 -

I'm pretty sure they're sleazebags.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #4182959 -

Hey, welcome back luv... where have you been?

Peace


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #4182970 -

HEY, IT'S LDS!!!  :cool:

Hey LDS, in your opinion who are the bigger scum bags, Newsweek or the abusive guards at Abu Ghraib?





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: zahudulallah]
    #4182982 -

I noticed that he had disappeared around the same time Alex did. Makes for some interesting conspiracy theories.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Learyfan]
    #4182993 -

Different sides of the same coin, but if I had to choose.....

I'd say Newsweek because the guards were half-wit moronic assholes while , in theory anyway, those at Newsweek are smart enough to realize the consequences of their actions.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Silversoul]
    #4183000 -

Paradigm said:
I noticed that he had disappeared around the same time Alex did. Makes for some interesting conspiracy theories.



Ouch. That's just hurtful.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4183047 -

You can't believe anything the media, or the government says.

The only thing that is certain is that the real people at fault are the stupid ass muslims, and anyone else who has any faith in anything.

We should have 24 hour live coverage of everything happening at Gitmo at all times.

Why don't we have a Gitmo channel? Whe have a midget boxing channel, and no Amerikkkan Atrocities Channel?


WTF?





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: Learyfan]
    #4183137 -

how many people died because of Abu Ghraib?


--------------------


Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: SoopaX]
    #4183487 -

None.
That said, my main point is that I want the source exposed. I also want the journalists to just say "no" to quoting unnamed sources. I have no problem with them using anonymous people for background but it is becoming increasingly clear that too much license is being taken with unaccountable, anonymous source quotes. They need to just stop using them. Really, an anonymous source should have no credibility. You can always find somebody to say anything if they don't have to reveal their identity and take responsibility for the veracity of their statements. And why does the press protect these people when they are shown to be liars? Fuck it. If your story is bullshit then you should be outed as a liar . The press will whine and moan that they'll never get any info, but what good is bullshit info, which is far too often what you get when the source is not identified. They have really become a bit too lazy. Everybody wants to be Woodward and Bernstein but I don't think those guys used anonymous sources to anywhere near the current extent they are used today. When you quote an unnamed government source you are giving the report something of a government issued stamp. It wouldn't be near as bad if they just said an anonymous source instead of the usual "highly placed government" source. Which could well be a career bureaucrat with no ties to the current elected administration and an interest in effecting policy himself.

I want the identity of this source, I want him/her fired, I want to know what other stories he/she was cited on, and I want him/her sued by the people damaged. I also want to know who outed Valerie Plame. And who supplied that Texas retard with the TANG nonsense, if there is anyone, and, if there isn't, charges brought against him as well.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Newsweek disavows Koran desecration report that led to riots [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4183527 -

Quote:
how many people died because of Abu Ghraib?



Quote:
None.



These photos beg to differ:







--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pentagon confirms Koran incidents...
( 1 2 3 all )
myndreach 3,459 49 06/02/05 12:48 PM
by CJay
* The Koran reported to the German police Rogues_Pierre 641 4 03/15/06 08:10 PM
by downforpot
* Reports That Led to Terror Alert Were Years Old, Officials S Tao 710 4 08/05/04 03:32 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* Newsweek poll is skewed Libertarian 1,308 11 09/04/04 06:20 PM
by Ancalagon
* The lies that led us to war Xlea321 429 1 06/01/03 10:43 AM
by Learyfan
* U.S-Led Forces Occupy Baghdad Complex Filled With Chemical A wingnutx 687 1 04/25/03 05:31 PM
by wingnutx
* Scathing Oil-For-Food Report Draws Denials RandalFlagg 1,152 16 10/31/05 04:39 PM
by exclusive58
* Whistleblower Explodes 9-11 Commission Report SquattingMarmot 835 2 08/05/04 09:25 AM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
8,439 topic views. 3 members, 0 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.