Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemantra
the universe
Loc: No 3rd Dimension Location
Common revelations while tripping
    #4104259 - 04/27/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have shroomed quite a bit and I have learned a lot about myself and the universe (redundant i know). What are some revelations that you become aware of normally/have become aware of.

Awareness of polarity? The Void? Infinite Love and Contentment?

--------------------
The creative principle unifies the inner and external worlds. It does not depend on time or space, is ever still and yet in motion; thereby it creates all things, and is therefore called 'the creative and the absolute'; its ebb and its flow extend to infinity. -Tao Te Ching

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: mantra]
    #4104284 - 04/27/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

*reaches towards post with a ten-foot pole*

Nah.

*wanders off*

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4104379 - 04/27/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
*reaches towards post with a ten-foot pole*

Nah.

*wanders off*

:lol:

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4104383 - 04/27/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah sometimes this question makes me laugh. It seems like people either
a.) discover nothing
b.) "discover" something but really, they just thought about it a lot and then kind of let it fade away (most common I would say)
c.) you seriously notice how something that you are thinking applies to real life

Integration of all things, polarity, neccessity of love, etc. You can name any deep philosophical thing, and it applies to either or b or c.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: freddurgan]
    #4104414 - 04/27/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
Yeah sometimes this question makes me laugh. It seems like people either
a.) discover nothing
b.) "discover" something but really, they just thought about it a lot and then kind of let it fade away (most common I would say)
c.) you seriously notice how something that you are thinking applies to real life

Integration of all things, polarity, neccessity of love, etc. You can name any deep philosophical thing, and it applies to either or b or c.

I think you're very right about point B. It seems most people gain a new perspective from tripping for a short while but eventually fall back into their original way of thinking. I guess everyone's guilty of that.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: Oddish]
    #4104431 - 04/27/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, fine.. *reaches his pole again*

I agree... but it's not so much something we're guilty of as much as it's just a fact of life that you won't be able to 'see the light so clearly' once your ego comes back to "normal strength"... then it's a matter of faith for one to believe that the light is still there, waiting for them to find their way back to it. That's the hard part.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4104508 - 04/27/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
I agree... but it's not so much something we're guilty of as much as it's just a fact of life that you won't be able to 'see the light so clearly' once your ego comes back to "normal strength"... then it's a matter of faith for one to believe that the light is still there, waiting for them to find their way back to it. That's the hard part.

:thumbup:

Offlinemantra
the universe
Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: niteowl]
    #4104536 - 04/27/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

turn on, tune in, drop out. turning on is the mushroom trip. tune in by using your knowledge and insight from turning on in society, in life, in the universe. act, and drop out. life isnt always contentment, happiness, or joy. One polarity helps, teaches, compliments the opposite. The tripping ecstacy helps instruct the sober sterile mindset.

--------------------
The creative principle unifies the inner and external worlds. It does not depend on time or space, is ever still and yet in motion; thereby it creates all things, and is therefore called 'the creative and the absolute'; its ebb and its flow extend to infinity. -Tao Te Ching

OfflineniCCa
BwaBwaHan
Loc: Earth temporarily
    #4105080 - 04/27/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

oneness

--------------------
Heaveno...CU CU CU CU CU in the Highway...Peace

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4105304 - 04/27/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My most common reveletion on mushrooms is that I'm making life unnecessarily complicated for myself, and that it's not as hard as I make it out to be. I come to realize that I can accomplish things that I'm always telling myself I can't do. It's basically an affirmation of my inner power.

--------------------

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4105400 - 04/27/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psionicpigeon said:
life isnt always contentment, happiness, or joy.

It's not....?    :wink:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4105582 - 04/28/05 12:18 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:

Many people have similar reactions to shrooms.

Many trippers experience ego loss and ego death.

Yes, after the trip, the ego returns.

But...

Once an experienced tripper has lived a while without their ego, I think they are able to keep their ego in check while sober. Yeah, you'll still have an ego... but that isn't always a bad thing. The ego can be very informative, once you know your existance doesn't rely on it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: Silversoul]
    #4105627 - 04/28/05 12:30 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I realized I need paint on my walls that doesn't run.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: Swami]
    #4105776 - 04/28/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The first time I did mushies, no revalations.

The second time I did them it was right after I finished my philosophy of mind (400 level) midterm.  I bought a bag for 20, the guy said "Don't do em all at once, these are strong shrooms."  So, I go do the whole thing at once.  :thumbup:  Well, I do experience ego death, realizing everything in the universe is me.  But, it comes to me like this.  I just feel pure horror.  The only awareness in the universe is mine, and it lasts forever.  Because I am so bored with infinity upon infinite of nothing to do, I delude myself into thinking I am different people, create the illusions of space and time, etc.  I had 0 grounding in the psychedelic experience at this point, and no religious or psychological framework to shape my view.

The second time I got a revalation from shrooms was much later.  I had recently been seriously practicing meditation for a few days.  Earlier, I had been doing a lot of mushrooms during the fall (pretty much 3 or 4 times a week for 3 months :thumpup:) without seeking revalation.  Then I stopped.  Later, I got some mushroom chocolates at this party, and ate one the next day to test it.  It was extremely potent (I'm 95% sure it had an MAOI in it to potentiate the shrooms).  This trip was so good.  I was walking on a hill in an Arboretum in my town.  This hill is a trailed forested area.  It has a watchtower where you can see the whole town (Sehome Hill).  I was gonna climb the hill and the tower, but while tripping, I realized I was trying to relive a previous experience where I had climed that same tower to watch the sunset.  This trip (I wrote about it, I'll dig out the link) involved me using shrooms to ritually deal with some issues in my psychology (inspired by christian and native american rituals whereby painful events are dealt with using ethnogens).  During that trip, I let go of someone who had died and whos death I hadn't processed, let go of being abused sexually as a kid.  I did that by walking through a tunnel feeling reborn from the problem as I came out.  Then, I climbed the tower and watched the sunset on that era of my life both actually and metaphorically while smoking a bowl and listening to shpongle and tool.  It was the day I was supposed to graduate, and I was consciously letting go of my identity as a college student so I could move on.  Anyhow, I decided that hanging onto that trip by trying to recreate it was bad.  So, while tripping, I turned off onto a side trail I had never seen.  All the sudden, everything looked so green and alive.  I had a series of progressive revalations.  These came by way of a repeated phrase.  The thought loop I was caught in was "this is all...ME!"  "this is all..(dramatic uncertainty)..ME!"  In my mind, the 'this' refered to different things, at first the musicians I was listening too, then people in my life, people who's ideas I am involved with intellectually, (Watts, especially), and cumulating in a variety of religious figures, jesus, etc.  I walked on this path for a while, and it took me to the base of the tower, but when I got there I felt like I already had the experience I was supposed to, and just left.

In between this trip and the next one, I did a lot of thinking on what I was.  Personal identity.  What is it that I am identical to?  I started thinking about this a lot.  After a while, I realized I had an extremely clear picture of what I was in my head.  Then, the first revalation I got not on drugs (maybe pot I am usually high 24/7).  This answer to the question of personal identity, what I think I am identical with when I really focus and don't hide anything from myself.  The realization was, wait a minute, this is something I am looking at.  It isn't me, it is an idea in my head that I am looking at.  Whoa!  I don't think I would say I have had this revalation as a revalation, it still feels more intellectual then any of the others.  Maybe integrating that one is for a future trip.

The last one happened a few days ago.  I feel like I reached enlightenment this time.  I had decided that rather then do another spiritual quest, I was going to take a small dose and deal seriously with one specific issue.  I had recently become aware that I'm fully diagnosable as a person with schizotypal disorder.  Part of this disorder involves extreme discomfort around people that does not go away (and may in fact get worse) with knowing the people better.  Like, even when I am with my family, I feel so alienated from them.  I can't talk to them at all.  It works the same way with friends.  I make some friends, then start to get anxious when hanging out with them.  My goal during this trip was to address that particular issue.  I wanted to think about that one characteristic of my psychology.  So, I took 1/2 a chocolate and went on a different trail on the hill.  Well, this trip was great too, but different.  I had the same "we are all one" that terrified me the first time, and I was able to understand better the second time, but it was more then that.  The only way I can describe it is by convoluted analogy.  I felt like reality, whats really real, what I experience, is made up of all these different interwoven fabrics, and when you pull them all back, really get to the bottom of it, there was just a sign that said, "You made it, I hope you enjoyed the ride, cause that was all there ever was."  But it wasn't serious at all.  It was the funniest thing ever.  The biggest cosmic joke.  This cracked me up, I was like "The fuck?  Enjoy it?  I studied psychology and Buddhism and philosophy and physics for years to hear that".  But, thats all there was.  It was soo funny.  I can't emphasize enough that this whole trip was just absolutely the funniest thing ever.  Along with this realization, came another minor one.  The ego isn't entirely bad.  There is a sense in which that is very real.  The problem isn't that we have egos, it's that we are blinded by them because we think they are us.  It's like a mask with video screens instead of eyeholes.  The trick is to consider input from the ego without being blinded by it.  This was funny too.  All the problems I feel so cynical about, they are all true.  But, they are also so funny.  There is so much irony at this level.  Hahhaah  All these people are suffering because of their illusionary egos hahaha ohh they all are me, hahahahahahahaha It was all so funny.  After this, I came to a weird sign.  There was a fork in the path, and a concrete slab with an arrow pointing one direction.  No text, no pictures, just an arrow.  Being high as fuck, I thought "thats a pretty strong sign, I think I should follow it."  It brought me around to the tower, which I had no idea I was even on the same side of the hill as.  So, I climbed it this time.  It was great.  Then some christians climbed it and stayed at the top floor with me, and in my head it was like "grr...I just reached enlightenment and climbed my highly symbolic tower and then the shitty christians come occupy it.  This is what happened to jesus.  He climbed a tower and saw everything connected, then the christians took it over and ruined it.  I feel like jesus again.  Wait, but I am jesus."  Then I started laughing so hard I had to leave.

These trips have affected my behavior a lot.  I stopped eating meat.  I am gradually moving toward a more monastic lifestyle by cutting out things that are unnecessary.  For example, I got rid of 5 huge bags of clothes, leaving myself with only a few pairs of clothes.  Now I never have to think about laundry or what to wear.  Blue Jeans (khakis for work) and a white hemp shirt.  Thats it for clothes.  Just that one change has unleashed a lot of energy.  I started eating hippy co-op food, and like it.  I hvae became aware of my addictions, not just pot and cigs, but computer, music, certain interpersonal patterns, etc.  I haven't tried to change these yet, because a desire to change them lets the ego start to blind you, but I've just worked on being really aware of whats going on while I go through them.  I believe that, in practice, raising mindfulness without the desire for change is the best way to handle these issues.  But, I don't practice the mindfulness during addictive behaviors too change later, just to know myself better.  Anyhow, yes, integrating tripping revalations into life is the hardest part of a psychedelic lifestyle.  This is because the sorts of changes psychedelics necessitate involve no longer desiring change.

I think this sort of pattern is sort of common as far as revalations while tripping go.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Edited by tomk (04/28/05 02:48 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: tomk]
    #4105895 - 04/28/05 04:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

arising connects to the fading away naturally...
& letting go moves the universe

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineThe_Walrus
Stranger
Loc: Cambridge, Britain
Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4105946 - 04/28/05 05:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think that a common 'revelation' is in the way we see the world. I can see, even feel the way that all our actions, no matter how small they appear to be, can have extremely far reaching consequences. I can see the way that nature on a global, even universal scale scale is a complex system, of which we are a part of, and how perfectly and efficiently it works. The atoms which make up our composition are basically all derived from hydrogen (stardust, basically), which via gravity is compressed to sufficient density to sustain nuclear fusion (what stars are basically), the process out of which all the elements come from, Carbon, Oxygen, Iron, Nitrogen atoms were all once hydrogen atoms. When the stars run out of hydrogen, they explode and release all these elements into space ('space-dust' basically), which again collects into spheres via gravity to form planets. And it is the magical process via which these inert atoms form molecules, which form organic life forms, which actually become part of the huge recycling process which is nature. Plants take in Carbon Dioxide, and convert it into oxygen, they also take in the energy from the radiation produced by the sun to produce glucose, which provides the energy for 'free moving' large organisms, which take in oxygen and glucose and via respiration converts it into Carbon Dioxide, which is then again re-used by the plants etc etc
It is this beatiful, harmonic, delicate process which produces all the beauty we see around us, and we in our arrogance think we are above nature, and we screw up the balance. Mushrooms definetaly make one realise just how small and insignificant our daily worries and concerns really are, compared with the immense vastness of the world and universe around us. It is a very humbling experience.

--------------------
'Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted' - Albert Einstein

Offlinemantra
the universe
Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: tomk]
    #4106078 - 04/28/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The second time I did them it was right after I finished my philosophy of mind (400 level) midterm.

First of all, thank you for your beautiful post. I felt really connected to you after reading (though you get uncomfortable iwth people hehehe :P) I am a high-school senior and I am going to college in fall of 2005. I dont really know what i want "to do" in life or after college, but philosophy and psychology are the only majors/areas of interest that resonate with me. I was wondering, how do you feel about taking Philosophy/Psychology/Buddhism classes, especially since you got to the 400 level. Do they have create clarity, confusion, insight, help you understand the universe?

Quote:

It was the funniest thing ever. The biggest cosmic joke. This cracked me up, I was like "The fuck? Enjoy it? I studied psychology and Buddhism and philosophy and physics for years to hear that". But, thats all there was. It was soo funny. I can't emphasize enough that this whole trip was just absolutely the funniest thing ever.

Do you disencourage studies in psycholog/buddhism/philosophy/physics? Was it a waste of your time since you found a truth with just ingesting a fungus? Ive had that "funny" revelation where everything is so overly complicated, overly thoughtout and you can only laugh at the universe, at your ego-drives, at you.

Thanks again for putting so much time into that post. peaceloveharmony

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Common revelations while tripping [Re: Rose]
    #4106101 - 04/28/05 07:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:

Many people have similar reactions to shrooms.

Many trippers experience ego loss and ego death.

Yes, after the trip, the ego returns.

But...

Once an experienced tripper has lived a while without their ego, I think they are able to keep their ego in check while sober. Yeah, you'll still have an ego... but that isn't always a bad thing. The ego can be very informative, once you know your existance doesn't rely on it.

Absolutely man... you're speaking straight from my heart.  :heart:

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #4106672 - 04/28/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psionicpigeon said:
I am a high-school senior and I am going to college in fall of 2005. I dont really know what i want "to do" in life or after college, but philosophy and psychology are the only majors/areas of interest that resonate with me. I was wondering, how do you feel about taking Philosophy/Psychology/Buddhism classes, especially since you got to the 400 level. Do they have create clarity, confusion, insight, help you understand the universe?

When I finished my philosophy classes, I had the feeling that the philosophers in the analytic tradition were missing something huge.  I never took classes on Buddhism, but studied it on my own.  Pretty much, I think philosophy was great, because it really develops the rational mind.  However, I think people must also be able to transcend rational thinking, and there I think philosophy fell flat.  I don't know for the life of me why they don't teach certain types of meditation/conteplation with philosophy.

Quote:

Do you disencourage studies in psychology/buddhism/philosophy/physics?  Was it a waste of your time since you found a truth with just ingesting a fungus? Ive had that "funny" revelation where everything is so overly complicated, overly thoughtout and you can only laugh at the universe, at your ego-drives, at you.

Was it a waste of my time?  No.  I think you have it a little wrong though.  I didn't just find some truth injecting a fungus.  Everything I learned up to that point, including the psychology and philosophy and Eastern stuff, contributed just as much as the fungus did.  Personally, I feel the biggest thing you can do is to start meditating and practice it often.  I would encourage these studies, but do not go into them expecting to find some truth there.  Rather, expect them to set you up with the framework where you can find truth on your own.

All the philosophy, mystcicism, etc, it's all just signs.  They all point at the same thing.  But don't confuse the signs with the ultimate destination.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4106930 - 04/28/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

magnetism's..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies