Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: common dreams [Re: Anonymous]
    #416722 - 10/07/01 08:44 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

That's also supposed to be a really common dream, another common dream Iv'e never had...

--
Perhaps you trust your eyes,
but can you trust what you lie your eyes upon?

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
Re: common dreams [Re: Traveller]
    #417445 - 10/07/01 11:38 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I remember having dreams about falling but not flying or missing teeth or being naked.. when I was younger I used to have really crazy, scary dreams about being chased... one I remember that really stuck with me for some reason is when I was being chased by R2D2 (yes the garbage can) on a military base somewhere and then my grandma came along in a pickup truck and C3P0 helped me in the back and we drove out of the base while R2D2 chased after us. for some reason i was really scared. and there was another one where jack the ripper was chasing me through a suburban neighborhood and i kept knocking on doors but no one would help me so finally i broke into someone's house through the back and killed him with a kitchen knife.
do other people have dreams like that or do i just have a horribly disturbed subconscious?

nowadays i have dreams about my everyday life, like talking to people or taking a test or something, which is kinda frustrating cuz sometimes i'm not sure if it really happened or if i just dreamt it. and my sex dreams usually have some soap opera-esque psychological aspects to them. the depths of my weirdness never cease to amaze me...

--------------------
---

Anonymous

Re: common dreams [Re: Amoeba665]
    #417448 - 10/07/01 11:41 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Lol...I'm sorry that made me laugh.

My diagnosis....too much Star Wars

InvisibleZeus
addict

Re: common dreams [Re: ]
    #417557 - 10/08/01 01:59 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

my dreams?
i guess everyone here has seen The Cell with J-Lo.
then everyone remembers the final incarnation of the bad guy at the end (the reptile guy)

well
i usually awake just after i have seen him in third person, knelt over my sleeping body while i am in my bed, my face sleeping soundly and his scaly skull just above mine smiling with those pointy teeth.

i have never been scared though, actually i wake up Quite peacefully, even content.
go figure.

any interpretations?

--------------------
" I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am. "

"Experience is the meaning to life" -me

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: common dreams [Re: Zeus]
    #417666 - 10/08/01 05:36 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"i have never been scared though, actually i wake up Quite peacefully, even content."

But I bet you wish you had never seen The Cell... :)

---
All living things go through time backwards. If the past is visible and the future is hidden, then you must be facing the wrong way.

--------------------

Offlinewintertime
enthusiast
Re: common dreams [Re: Revelation]
    #445992 - 11/03/01 07:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i've never had a flying dream (or a floating dream), but have had the being naked at school one a few times.. yeah i would like to hear some interpretations of the school one.

a dream i have begun to have often is I'm in like a remote wilderness type area (it depends on the dream, sometimes I'm in a huge park, other times i'm up in snow-peaked mountains), but there are law enforcement agents chasing me. I don't know why usually, last night it was bit different because I was smoking a joint with a friend and I assume thats why, but other times I'm just running around the park with black helicopters chasing me.

another nightmare that I used to have quite frequently (it stopped a few years ago) was absoloutely terrifying. my house had been taken over by demon/spirit/monsters i'm not sure what they were exactly, but I saw them rush from room to room and I always just missed seeing them, but I knew they were there. I tried to tell my family about it but they either didn't believe me or didn't understand me and I can't quite remember how the dreams used to end.... scary though..

now my dreams are often more sexual.. says something about my current state of mind :)

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: common dreams [Re: wintertime]
    #446371 - 11/04/01 04:15 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

When i was younger i often had dreams where i could fly ... but i couldn't fly really high AND i had to run and flap my arms to take off ... this made it seem very realistic and really cool hehe

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: common dreams [Re: justthiz]
    #446384 - 11/04/01 04:55 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

What about scary ass mother fucker nightmares? I was just talking about this in the "shadow people" thread:

"Man, I wish I never read this. ;) It reminds me of when I was little... I had (and still have) a very vivid imagination (hopefully...). I would see, hear, and feel things that "weren't" there (again, hopefully). These things were awful. Many nights were spent with all but my eyes peering out from under my blanket. That in itself was awful. I would get so hot, every night of my childhood. I developed ways to fight the heat off. You know how when you move a limb to another part of the bed it's refreshingly cool? Well I would make my way across the bed so that I entered a new part, and let the old parts cool... I did the same with my pillow, flipping it after so long... It was so scary that I only dared to leave my bed once, that was a top speed burn down the hall to my parents room... Scariest moments of my life. I remember jumping off the bed, more like leaping, so I'd be out of reach of the shadows under my bed when I hit the floor... I'm 18 and I'm getting very nervous right now... Plus it's 4 in the morning and I've been reading about everything from Jesus to airplanes for the last few days straight (I've slept, I'm not on speed or anything).
I guess it's all imagination, right? But how can things be so vivid in a childs mind? Perhaps there is a little truth to the shadow people, by the time we're adults most of us have the mental power (from constant effort) to block them out. I don't know...
I often walk around the house at night, pitch black, so as not to disturb the rest of the family. I can't deny the very strong feelings of oddness I get, even now... "

One time, I was so petrified by the nightmares that I was afraid to leave my bed even when morning came. It was a saturday, and for some reason nobody came for me... It was probably pretty early though, I was an early riser and they probably just thought I was sleeping in. I ended up yelling for someone to come to my room, I made some excuse and felt like an idiot... I don't remember ever telling anyone about my nightmares, I think I was embarrased.
That right there pretty much sums up how I spent the nights of my childhood...

It's interesting about the night mare thing, I had suspected thatfrom a very early age. One of the first nightmares I ever had (and continued to have very often for years) was very simple: I had two "visions". One was of a group of sheep grazing. It was bright, and they were just standing around like sheep do. Then it would switch to the "night mare". There was a black horse carrying a rider clad in black galloping through a dark, eerie forest, I could see them from the side, and very close (same view as the sheep), with brambles and tree limbs flying past between us. Then it would switch back to the sheep. Then the horseman... I felt that the horseman was coming for the sheep, this much was imminent, but it never happened. This was one of the "gentler" nightmares I would have. Any thoughts on this?

About my other dreams and nightmares, they are so varied I really can't pick one out to talk about over another. Plus, I've probably gone on long enough as it is...

--------------------

OfflinePlanet Asia
addict
Re: common dreams [Re: Ulysees]
    #446543 - 11/04/01 11:16 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

ive had the teeth dream so many damn times...and everytime i wake up not knowing if it was really a dream or not

--------------------
answers, theyre never out of question

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: common dreams [Re: Planet Asia]
    #446619 - 11/04/01 12:28 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i use to have a dream where id travel to another planet maybe deminsion now that i think about it and there would be big bubles everywhere id go up to one where i knew somone i remember thinking it was my father but its impossible to tell id talk with him and id always have to leave i was a kid it reccured for years.. oh ya the person seemed to be trapped in the bouble

wtf was that?

Edited by LCid (11/04/01 12:30 PM)

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: common dreams [Re: LCid]
    #446929 - 11/04/01 06:10 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Lcid, that sounds very much like a DMT flash (from what I've read of Terrence McKenna). He described entering another dimension inhabited by the "machine elves". They were like the bubbles you described, only they were totally alien... nobody trapped inside. I've also had paternal / maternal dreams where the person was not my actual father / mother. There are many relationships that resemble paternal / maternal though, like teachers and things. It could be that the person was just some older, wiser person (or thing) that you were very fond of.
This sounds VERY similar to a DMT flash... are you messing with me? Considering that DMT is a chemical emitted by the pineal gland during REM sleep, I find this very possible... and I can't help but wonder what this world would be like if drugs were not demonized, but respected as the obviously powerful (and naturally occuring, even in the human brain) tools that they are.

If you could get you hands on some DMT (if you haven't already) you might find yourself having a little homecoming... There is a chance that there is something tangible to be learned from that bubble you used to talk to... I envy you my friend.

--------------------

Edited by Ulysees (11/04/01 06:13 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom