Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Germinated WBS
    #4082377 - 04/21/05 06:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, I searched and could only find posts where most of the shit had been deleted. My WBS has germinated, yet again (I'm getting sick of this shit) after having been soaked for 14 hours. I'm assuming it's no good to use, and I should just toss it and start over, again. I just want to make sure. Toss and start over, or simmer then PC?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

Re: Germinated WBS [Re: DNKYD]
    #4082434 - 04/21/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

UMMMM.... all you have to do is soak it in water for 24 hours 48 hours, whatever.  It suppose to germinate.  Just let it sit for 10 more hours.  THEN RINSE IT OVER AND OVER WITH A STRAINER, to get all the bad shit out.  Load them in the jars 1/2 or 3/4th of the way close the lid.  Cover with aluminum foil.  And pc for 1 hour.  My friend just poured 50 pounds of it into a cooler to germinate. :wink:

--------------------
Now listen hear mush babys, i just beleive its the right thing to do.... I got a brand new bitch corporate america, shes showing me alot of action right now.
But i know you put me on my feet and all, but you know, its time for me to grow.... You gotta let me go baby gotta let me go.. Im done for now so 1 for now, like all good things we must come to an end SO please show the same life to my friends.... DEAR MUSH MUSH

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Germinated WBS [Re: PooGrowerPart2]
    #4082442 - 04/21/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The seeds are not supposed to germinate. The endospores present in/on the seeds are supposed to germinate so you can kill them when you PC it. Thanks, but you did not answer my question. I've done WBS plenty of times but only recenty had the fuckers germinate. Not the endospores, the seeds themselves have germinated.

OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

#4082445 - 04/21/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You are either A. Thinking to much
OR B. Not reading enough info or paying close attention

Just chill

--------------------
Now listen hear mush babys, i just beleive its the right thing to do.... I got a brand new bitch corporate america, shes showing me alot of action right now.
But i know you put me on my feet and all, but you know, its time for me to grow.... You gotta let me go baby gotta let me go.. Im done for now so 1 for now, like all good things we must come to an end SO please show the same life to my friends.... DEAR MUSH MUSH

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4082451 - 04/21/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you again, you have not answered my question.

Fuck it, I threw them out and I'm going to start over.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #4082495 - 04/21/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

why are you soaking it, wbs does not need tobe soaked, you can simmer it to get the moisture up but this is overkill also. Its okay to use it if it germinates, the nutes are still there they have just changed form. I let some jars soak for 3 days and they germinated and had cobweb, i pc'd them and they are fine

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
    #4082577 - 04/21/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Experiment, I bet youd be okay after pcing.. I wouldnt throw them out.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4083700 - 04/22/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PooGrowerPart2 said:
You are either A. Thinking to much
OR B. Not reading enough info or paying close attention

Just chill

Sorry you got such poor responses poster.

For WBS, make sure you soak in cool water in a cool spot...not the fridge or anything...just not warm. Make sure the WBS stays FULLY submerged..if the water level drops below the seed level, that will germinate easier.

If it does germinate...and its only minor (it would be after such a short time) it can certainly be simmered, drained and PCed. The simmer (or PC if you dont want to simmer, but I would to get more water...I'd also add a little dry verm when straining it to help soak up some water and get it to perfect content) will kill the sprouts and nothing will be harmed of them. I've done it numerous times with Rye and WBS and both fruited in and used it as spawn, never gave me any problems. Hope you havnt thrown it out yet..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Germinated WBS [Re: tahoe]
    #4083754 - 04/22/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
why are you soaking it, wbs does not need tobe soaked, you can simmer it to get the moisture up but this is overkill also. Its okay to use it if it germinates, the nutes are still there they have just changed form. I let some jars soak for 3 days and they germinated and had cobweb, i pc'd them and they are fine

Same here....

Never really gave a shit...I pc-ed when cobbwebb was present, pc-in killed it and it turned out fine, im sure that it'll work...

:thumbup:

Good luck This time

-Gnostic

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds