Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami
    #4026916 - 04/07/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Amazing how all of these future-telling people/devices missed the largest ever natural human disaster.

When people talk about the end-of-the-world, what they means is "Will it end for ME?" I guarantee you that those in Sumatra thought "This is it!" and many were right. Those of us unaffected, had a moment of empathy, then went back to our regularly scheduled lives, and came back to S&P to post yet more questions about the end-of-the-world.  :rolleyes:

Talk about ego-centric. Sheesh!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLux
Re: Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami [Re: Swami]
    #4027018 - 04/07/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well I am not here to defend any of these people or texts, but I think your opening statement is rediculous in that you do not know what is to come and so have no right to say they have missed the biggest disaster ever, especially when the focus of their supposed predictions in question is in fact the largest disaster ever. But like I said, I do not care to defend them, I simply do not put much thought into specific predictions because I feel that there have been times where all that was being expressed were systems of the universe which most scientists would not argue with and were then distorted and falsely translated into predictions of impending doom.

What I would see as more ego-centric than one worrying for their own well-being, be it from ignorant belief or not, would be one constantly appearing to put forth an image of superiority over others. That is, portraying a concrete absolute knowledge and constantly pointing out why it is correct and everything else wrong, I do not see pure help as the intent in this example.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami [Re: Lux]
    #4027032 - 04/07/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Go Lux. Swami just loves to run his fingers from what I understand...Much love to all though, or is that ego-centric? haha just playing

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #4027090 - 04/07/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Some of the prophecies talk about mass groups of people checking out at the same time. In that sense, the tsunami fits.

I probably have read more prophecy stuff then anyone here and I have NEVER read anything that said the earth was going to become uninhabitable and that human life was going to cease to exist on it any time in the even far off distant future. I HAVE read stuff that still has humans here on a pristine earth in the year 3000.

WHERE is anyone writing prophecies that say human life is coming to an end on this planet? I invite anyone to please share it. I have no idea where this end of human existence stuff is coming from.

Even if it's from the Bible and revelations, doesn't it say somewhere in there that there will be a 1,000 years of peace after the rapture on earth?

Who or what is saying life on earth will end any time soon? I'd like to know myself.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4027131 - 04/07/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not worrying about human life ceasing to exist (or the entire planet for that matter). More having to inhabit an earth that has been raped of all its beauty and wealth (if you will). Things can be and are far worse than death my friend, in my eyes.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4027164 - 04/07/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, it's really up in the air right now. Momma Earth has to shift into 4D and is cleansing herself, it can be mild and we can flow with it or it can get much worse. I predict worse before better. But no way is it going to be the end of the world or human life.. just a period of dramatic change. It will either be peaceful or not. Life will continue on with more experience.. and it will be beautiful!

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami [Re: Shagshow]
    #4027181 - 04/07/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

There are people who talk about the world and life on it ending. Wahtever our planets problems are, I don't think they are as bad as people make them out to be and recognition of problems is a good sign, because it's the first step towards solving them.

People can hear a lot of "the world is in trouble boo hoo" stuff, but do they also hear about all so many are doing to correct problems? Maybe a huge factor is the media. It likes to show just the boo hoo side of it but rarely, the side of what action is being taken to effect a turn around.

We all know what a huge problem the special interest lobbyists are when it comes to a lot of the destruction in the world. Who that bitches about it voted for Ross Perot when he ran? He was going to make Lobbying illegal.

Why is it legal anyway? Guess who keeps it legal? Guess who benefits from it's pay outs?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4027199 - 04/07/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'd love to chat/type politics/problems/etc. up with ya but my fingers are getting tired between posting and writing a paper...

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4027204 - 04/07/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I just hit quick reply.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4027212 - 04/07/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

With what Shroomism said, I agree; to some extent. We are entering a time of extreme change, and we better pick up and go with it, or be left behind. It will most likely get worse before it gets better, and I hope/believe that after that it will be all-love existence type world...You sound like you've read The Celestine Prophecy Shroomism...?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4027338 - 04/07/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't want to one-up you, BUT on the Tsunami day I criticised people discussing dreams about the Tsunami (saying they predicted it) for self-importance and a lack of compassion. What you say here is very relevant. Compassion is much more relevant to our spiritual condition than astral projection, esp, UFOs, ghosts, and the Mayan "prophecies". You were still banned then as I recall... Talking about far out shit is fun...in the proper context, though. Everyone should remember what in life is of true importance...myself included. On 9/11 I remember catching myself bitching about a grade I got (C) on a Cisco networking test.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4027378 - 04/07/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Had I not ban banned for petty politics and personal reasons, I might have saved many thousands of lives with my tsunami warning.  :frown:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4027409 - 04/07/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Tough break for all of those involved.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4027851 - 04/07/05 06:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I heard that somewhat 100.000 people die every week from tsunamis and the sort...

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Prophets, Timewave Zero, Ancient texts and the Tsunami [Re: slaphappy]
    #4027865 - 04/07/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Where did you hear this planet looses 100,000 people per week due to natural disasters? That sounds a bit much. I wonder what the stats are on how many deaths there are per week in general.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (04/07/05 07:08 PM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
    #4027877 - 04/07/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Can't remember, I have a hard time concentrating

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom