Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Tsunami's and 2012?
    #3556790 - 12/29/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, well most of us know of the whole Mayan prophecy thing...i.e., Dec. 21, 2012 will be a momentous world changing occassion on one plane or another. And some of us have heard the suggested link of the WTC (9/11) disaster being linked to the fall of the Tower of Babyl. Now my question is...along the lines of this theory where much of human history is replayed in the few years before 2012; what could this earthquake and tsunami represent? I was originally thinking the biblical flood, but that would have happened before Babyl.

Any ideas?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: dblaney]
    #3556824 - 12/29/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I believe the earthquake represents a shifiting of the tetonic plates. The Tsunami is problably a representation of the earthquakes effect on the earths exterior.

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: MellowMood]
    #3556849 - 12/29/04 10:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, now that's insightful. Lol, I'm sorry man, but that doesn't answer my question at all. I agree with your implication that the prophecy is weak, but on a scientific basis, there will be a major astronomical alignment right around that time period.

Either way, my question relates to the Mayan Prophecy, not what an earthquake is. :wink:

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: MellowMood]
    #3556852 - 12/29/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When things like this KEEP happening THEN would I be concerned

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #3557017 - 12/29/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

there will be a major astronomical alignment right around that time period.

There will not be any such thing.

In 2012, there will be a solar conjunction with the intersection of the ecliptic and the galactic plane. This is not an alignment.

This has happened 200,000 times since the Earth formed. This is just one more time. It is no more special than a full moon, though less frequent. :syringe:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: Diploid]
    #3557101 - 12/29/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hm, well perhaps my sources are just shitty. I've read all sorts of things varying from a shift in the Earth's magnetic fields to passage through a 'photon belt'. While I'm highly skeptical that anything world shattering will happen, or for that matter, that anything tangible will happen, I wouldn't be too surprised if something more subtle happened. I mean even just a comet or something would be nice :smile:

--------------------

- John Mayer

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #3557130 - 12/29/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hm, well perhaps my sources are just shitty.

Yep.

I wouldn't be too surprised if something more subtle happened.

On what do you base this belief?

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #3557148 - 12/29/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
there will be a major astronomical alignment right around that time period.

There will not be any such thing.

In 2012, there will be a solar conjunction with the intersection of the ecliptic and the galactic plane. This is not an alignment.

This has happened 200,000 times since the Earth formed. This is just one more time. It is no more special than a full moon, though less frequent. :syringe:

Yeah, how much more less frequent? you make it sound like it happens more than every few thousand years when it's an extremely rare event...alignment, conjunction, all of the above, wywtci.
There's quite a few sources online providing credibility to a corelation of astronomical and terrestrial events.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3557164 - 12/29/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, how much more less frequent? you make it sound like it happens more than every few thousand years

It happens once every 26,000 years. That means it's happened 200,000 times since the Earth began orbiting the sun. (5,000,000,000 / 26,000)

wywtci.

I don't know what that is??

There's quite a few sources online providing credibility to a corelation of astronomical and terrestrial events.

/sigh

In order for a source to have credibility, it must be published in a peer-reviewed astronomical journal or similar publication, not a New Age mumbo-jumbo web site.

Please provide a link to one single peer reviewed article supporting your claim.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #3557368 - 12/29/04 12:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wywtci is whatever you want to call it, in reference to splitting hairs

I'm glad you admitted just how rare an occurance this 'event' actually is. Perhaps only the 2nd mankind has witnessed but I'm sure that can be argued.

Whatever link I post I'm sure will be argued as not a peer of yours so here's a good starting point for you to begin learning. good luck!

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=2012+ma...;fl=0&x=wrt

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #3557479 - 12/29/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm glad you admitted just how rare an occurance this 'event' actually is.

Admitted? You make it sound like I have something to hide. It's proponents of mumbo-jumbo crap who can't back up their claims that have something to hide.

Perhaps only the 2nd mankind has witnessed

Alright, let's pick apart your nonsense. The rise of homo sapiens occurred about 150,000 years ago. So, the Earth has precessed and the topic conjunction has occurred, at least 5 times (150,000 / 26,000) since the rise of man, not 2 times. What makes this one so special?

You said:

Quote:

But when I asked you to back up the BS you give me this:

Quote:

Whatever link I post I'm sure will be argued as not a peer of yours

You don't know what a peer-reviewed journal is. Where did you go to school?

This is not about my peers; it's about astronomers' peers. This is a reasonable request given that your claims are in the field of Astronomy, no?

Yet all you can muster is a link to a Yahoo search and nothing else. :thumbdown:

How about a link to an astronomy or cosmology journal instead?

--------------------
Republican Values:

Edited by Diploid (12/29/04 02:09 PM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3557637 - 12/29/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"This is just one more time. It is no more special than a full moon, though less frequent.  :syringe: "

well, some would argue that when something is less frequent or common, it is by definition more special, hence the value of diamonds compared to sand, and halley's comet compared to defecation.

but i think we can all agree that this would be a good time to shoot up  :syringe:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3557768 - 12/29/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well, some would argue that when something is less frequent or common, it is by definition more special

Sure, but it's certainly not special enough to warrant all the hysteria or the presumption that the end of the world is upon us given that it's already happened 5 times since humans arrived and 200,000 times since the Earth began its orbit.

but i think we can all agree that this would be a good time to shoot up

You're nuts.. Heheh...  :tongue: :syringe:

--------------------
Republican Values:

InvisibletrendalM
Jâ™ 
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3558044 - 12/29/04 04:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
You don't know what a peer-reviewed journal is. Where did you go to school?

*Ad Hominem...

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #3558061 - 12/29/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Something to hide? You're the one that stays in lurk mode and at least I posted a link to something besides my own post like you did in the other thread about this same event and I got you to count just exactly how few times this event is, right? 5 times since the dawn of mankind. Pretty rare occurance and pretty bold of you to remark it's no more special than a full moon.

Oh, I just noticed you'd begun backpedalling from your claim its no more special than a full moon but I'd like to see a link on all the hysteria you mentioned.

And don't worry about where I went to school. *deleted...was response to personal attack. thanks for pointing that out, Trendal. I was slipping down to his level.

Edited by wandrnshaman (12/29/04 04:29 PM)

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

#3558404 - 12/29/04 05:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

what happend to the question? ahoy, you rogue pirates! from what i hear, the photon belt was a hoax from a grad student. it looked interesting for quite a hile, but who knows...lol. its non detectable. read up on it. you may get a laugh. as far as 2012 goes, its the end of the mayo calander. endings scare people. but i'll dose some shrooms 2 hours before midnight on the 11th just for fun. so i could say what i was doing at the time. lol.

2012 also happens to coincide with mckennas novelty/habbit time wave zero deal. keep reading and take everything with a grain...no... double handfuls of salt.

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #3559964 - 12/30/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Earth Changes

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: Shroomism]
    #3560167 - 12/30/04 01:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's a shame these threads get destroyed.
I was also wondering if it was in any way related to a theory 2012.
But I guess for me it's just because I dislike the regular money based, warfare and greed way of living.

WHAT'S YOUR SOURCE?! WHAT'S YOUR BASES?

I would suggest to ask a question without a referal, to prevent these types of questions to destroy the actual question.

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: Fliquid]
    #3560428 - 12/30/04 04:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

art bell knows the true answer to this question. give art a call...

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #3560836 - 12/30/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

These threads always get destroyed.. that's why you have to post in cryptic writing. Forgetting all that, the weather patterns indicate something is not normal on planet Earth. I expect it to get much worse (for us) before it gets better.

--------------------

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #3561066 - 12/30/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:I expect it to get much worse (for us) before it gets better.

I have lived my entire life expecting things to get worse before they get better. The results have not been very good for me - feelings of dread, feeling that it is pointless to create, worrying for my kids...

Lately I have been trying to realize a different perspective. Why should things have to get worse? Why can't they just get better?

Perhaps our will determines our reality, or more accurately, perhaps our will determines which reality we will experience. What we believe and what we desire is what we get. There are innumerable uiverses of possibilities to inhabit. Why not choose to inhabit a universe that is already in the process of renewing itself?

I'm sure you are familiar with the concept of parallel universes. There are all these Shroomisms living in an infinite number of alternant realities. Why are you inhabiting this one?

Personally, I am still stuck in a reality that is ripe with destruction and pain. I think a part of me revels in the death of it, but another part of me does not want to see my children suffer such an existence.

Bottom line though is that I don't think any future is set in stone, though the closer we get to armagedon, the more intention it will take to choose not to experience it.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3561475 - 12/30/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

how exactly is injecting reason into topics such as these equate to "threads being destroyed"?

2012 = Y2K
mark my word.
all hype, no reason.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3562455 - 12/30/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Haha well damn...see what happens when you don't come back to the thread you created for a day or two!

Anyways, by something more subtle, I mean something along the lines of one theory, which suggested that 12/21/12 will result in a restart of karma. Or perhaps it will be some evolution in consciousness? Who knows. Perhaps the Mayans will all come back through some intergallactic time machine and take over the world. Maybe it will be absolutely nothing!

But regardless, it is an intriguing theory/idea, though we may not even live to find out what, if anything happens. Perhaps whatever happens won't be determinable until decades or centuries after the fact.

I am a bit skeptical about theories and prophecies such as this. However, I do admit that the Mayan calendar was/is one of, if not THE most accurate calendar ever created, even predicting the year of their own demise by Cortez.

--------------------

- John Mayer

Offlinenamesash
Guntotindemonslayer
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? *DELETED* [Re: dblaney]
    #3562611 - 12/30/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by MAIA

Reason for deletion: ad Hominem Read the rules.

--------------------
"Where's your will to be weird?" -jimmy morrison

Offlinemar1juana
Stranger
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: namesash]
    #3562616 - 12/30/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i hate logic it sucks people shouldnt make sense

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: Source]
    #3562644 - 12/30/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i gotta say this source, i just gotta

your an incredible person. when i read your posts it gives me this really deep feeling like i can emphathize with whats going on with you. SO many of the thoughts you express i have personally known myself, and the path of your awakening seems to very closely parallel my own. whats amazing for me is that you are also an adult, a father...

i guess whats cool is that in this medium, there is no age. ive never felt such a close affinity for someone with such an age differance than me, you know?

your right about so much of course. your preferances and your outlook will affect your experience dramatically. when you anticipate pain, you open the door for it to come into your life, and conversely until you open yourself to love and healing, it cannot reach you.

Open yourself and

"let go" - deff

peace my friend

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #3562674 - 12/30/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Read John Major Jenkins' books.

McKenna also talks about the alignment in The Invisible Landscape.

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
    #3563714 - 12/30/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Positive changes don't always have to come from chaos. Some believe this is so because change is often begot of chaos. But try to keep in mind that your life doesn't have to be thrown into turmoil before it can get better.

But, of course, sometimes it is necessary to break down to rebuild in fullness.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3564251 - 12/31/04 03:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

/sigh

In order for a source to have credibility, it must be published in a peer-reviewed astronomical journal or similar publication, not a New Age mumbo-jumbo web site.

Is that how you base your beliefs - peer review = good, non peer review = bad, isnt that just a little simplistic?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineSource
Male

#3584835 - 01/05/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Right on my brotha! It's always good to find others who can empathize, and you're right, in this medium age doesn't matter too much!

--------------------

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

#3586226 - 01/05/05 08:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Weather patterns aren't especially bad and getting worse beyond global warming.

Quote:

peer review = good, non peer review = bad, isnt that just a little simplistic?

the peer reviewed journal is much, much, much more likely to be credible, or "good". If there is any bulk at all of credible research into a topic, there should be at least the tip of the iceberg should show up in a scientific journal.
Noone in this thread can give a website with a credible link between astronomical alignments and terrestrial events, outside of the earth aligning between the moon and sun and causing it to get dark.

If you force it hard enough, however, you can find an ancient mythological event and fit the tsunamies into it. If you can't, you aren't thinking or forcing hard enough.

Square peg, round hole.

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: oceansize]
    #3587625 - 01/06/05 03:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Someone, somewhere, said its when mans mind will awaken and we will see the others as they really are.

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #3587740 - 01/06/05 04:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Sure, but it's certainly not special enough to warrant all the hysteria or the presumption that the end of the world is upon us given that it's already happened 5 times since humans arrived and 200,000 times since the Earth began its orbit. how the fuck could you know when the earth started its orbit??? or when humans "arrived" and how the fuck could you know that its happend 200,000 times since? you're a fuckin idiot diploid. and i truely mean it. you're

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

OfflineSource
Male

Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: uriahchase]
    #3588483 - 01/06/05 10:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Lighten up uriah!  We don't call eachother 'fuckin idiots' here.  If you have a counter argument, make it, don't fall down to making personal attacks.

...on second thought, I just re-read through the posts...maybe diploid deserved it.  :tongue:

--------------------

Edited by Source (01/06/05 10:40 AM)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: uriahchase]
    #3588817 - 01/06/05 12:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

you're a fuckin idiot diploid. and i truely mean it. you're

No more of these, and i truly mean it.
Please, read the rules.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: namesash]
    #3588834 - 01/06/05 12:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

namesash said:
Diploid's such a moron

Not wanted, not needed, don't do it again.
Read the rules.

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#3588885 - 01/06/05 12:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
You make it sound like I have something to hide. It's proponents of mumbo-jumbo crap who can't back up their claims that have something to hide.

Don't assume things that fast.
Besides, you are asking for confrontation by indirectly relating "mumbo-jumbo crap" with this thread. Stick with your own logic, post at will but don't do this again.

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3589160 - 01/06/05 01:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
These threads always get destroyed.. that's why you have to post in cryptic writing. Forgetting all that, the weather patterns indicate something is not normal on planet Earth. I expect it to get much worse (for us) before it gets better.

Exactly. The way this world is going right now will only get worse call me a pessimist but id prefer a realist.

If you cant see whats happening. Its getting to the point where you cant even breathe the air. With all the sulfur Dioxide and carbon monoxide being put into the air. If you ever live near a city if you look at the moon it has a orange hue from it. Its from smog.

Even the water is getting bad. You cant even eat fish or shellfish hardly from fears of mercury poisoning. Foreign Fish markets have tooken poundings because of fears of mercury on a rise

To make matters worse you have diseases infecting the whole globe. By 2020 Aids will reach a 90% infection rate in Africa, and a 75% infection rate across the world. There were 5 million new cases of aids in the USA last year.

The Rich continue to get richer while the poor are killed and left for dead and not cared about. Thousands of people die across the world and just become statistics.Simple diseases like flu and malaria continue to kill millions of people worldwide.

We have bastions of Democracy like the United States and UK. Ready to combat "islamic militarism" Aka another crusade. Unlike wars back 100 or 200 years ago. We have nuclear weapons and the ability to destroy millions of people with a single weapon.

Economic downfalls are on the horizon. With the slipping dollar. USA continues to borrow money from the world bank. United states continually spending money when they have no money to spend and racking up a massive foreign trade deficit.

Continuous overpopulation will coincide with deadlier diseases to spread.

Earthquakes,Tsunamis,Typhoons,Volcanoes,War,Pestilence,Disease, and than finally Cataclysmic death. Poor or rich it doesnt matter.

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
    #3589348 - 01/06/05 03:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #3589422 - 01/06/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This is a cool site that has alot of amazing info on the whole 2012 thing. http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/1.htm many other sources besides the mayan contain the 2012 idea.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Tsunami's and 2012? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3589459 - 01/06/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i really don't think the Earth's movement, or the Mayan prophecies have anything to do with biblical mythology at all.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom