Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Working with Negativity
    #3975334 - 03/27/05 08:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

We all experience negativity - the basic aggression of wanting things to be different than they are. We cling, we defend, we attack, and throughout there is a sense of ones own wretchedness, and so we blame the world for our pain. This is negativity. We experience it as unpleasant, foul smelling, something we want to get rid of. But if we can look a little more deeply, it has a very juicy smell, and is very alive. Negativity is not bad per se, but something living and precise, connected with reality.

Negativity breeds tension, friction, gossip, discontentment, but it is also very accurate, deliberate and profound. Unfortunately, the heavy-handed interpretations and judgments we lay on these experiences obscure this fact. These interpretations and judgments are negative negativity, watching ourselves being negative and then deciding that the negativity is justified in being there. The negativity seems good-natured, with all sorts of good qualities in it, so we pat its back, guard it and justify it. Or if we are blamed or attacked by others, we interpret their negativity as being good for us. In either case the watcher, by commenting, interpreting and judging is camouflaging and hardening the negativity.

Negativity refers to the philosophies and rationalities we use to justify avoiding our own pain. We would like to pretend that these 'evil' and 'foul-smelling' aspects of ourselves and our world are not really there, or that they should not be there. So negative negativity is usually self-justifying, self-contained. It allows nothing to Pierce its protective shell- a self-righteous way of trying to pretend that things are what we would like them to be instead of what they are.

This commenting kind of double negativity is very cautious and cowardly as well as frivolous and emotional. It inhibits identification with the energy and intelligence of negativity. So lets forget about justifying ourselves, trying to prove to ourselves how good we are. The direct honesty and simplicity of negativity can be creative in community as well as in personal relationships. Negativity is very revealing, sharp and accurate. If we leave it alone rather than overlaying it with conceptualizations then we can clearly see the nature of its intelligence.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Edited by egghead1 (03/27/05 08:43 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Working with Negativity [Re: egghead1]
    #3975429 - 03/27/05 09:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"Negativity could not be any more negative, than one can see it, be."
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Working with Negativity [Re: Gomp]
    #3975454 - 03/27/05 10:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

let us say you are impressed by a big fractal pattern emerging;
then
with some well put negativity or just patience,
you will be looking at hundreds of selfsame fractal patterns diminishing and dispersing in turbulence.

it is the natural process of dissolution or fracture, maybe with some hastening.

too much negativity? too much haste

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Working with Negativity [Re: egghead1]
    #3975513 - 03/27/05 10:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place
----------------------------------------------------

That's the part I most agree with. :thumbup: :mushroom2: :smile:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Working with Negativity [Re: Icelander]
    #3975623 - 03/27/05 11:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Unless you know what how to connect to your capacity for Infinte Unconditional Love, my statement does'nt really help that much....... :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology