Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

international arms trade
    #3968381 - 03/25/05 11:22 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: international arms trade [Re: Vvellum]
    #3969743 - 03/25/05 05:32 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

:shake:

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3970362 - 03/25/05 08:45 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Aaaaaaand?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3970441 - 03/25/05 09:15 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

The US government gives weapons and money to the Taliban and Muslim extremists in Afganistan to fight the Soviets....and then after 9-11 put out anti-drug commercials saying that using drugs supports terrorism.  :rolleyes: The US supplies Saddam Hussein with weapons and money during his war with Iran.....then all of the sudden he's a bad guy that needs to taken from power.  :lol: Our government is completely full of shit, all they care about is themselves and their agendas.  :thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: international arms trade [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3970836 - 03/25/05 10:52 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Yes, the exact same administration did that over the course of the past forty years. Good job in understanding how government works.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: international arms trade [Re: SoopaX]
    #3970921 - 03/25/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

well, so...which is worse...a bunch of Marxists being armed with AK-47s or possibly disturbing a shakey peace between two nuclear nations (two nations that nearly went to war three years ago)? The Chavez regime and the FARC/ELN whom they might be arming are not great, but adding fuel to a fire between India and Pakistan is far worse in my opinion.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#3970958 - 03/25/05 11:23 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I said our GOVERNMENT is full of shit, not just this adminisration (which is more full of shit than most of the past admins.). My problems with our government go back to the beginning of our country. Plus there's a video of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam...and Rumsfeld IS part of this administration. Good job in understanding my post.  :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3971000 - 03/25/05 11:33 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Stupid jerkoffs just seem to have the blame-amerika-first mentality. If one adminstration makes a mistake, or deals with something at the best way that they see at the time, and another administration does something different 20 years later, it's not the same entity thats making the decision.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

#3971106 - 03/26/05 12:06 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

First off, I don't just blame America, I blame every country, every government, every human that doesn't treat everyone with compassion, tolerance and respect. The point I was originally making is that our government supplied the terrorist with weapons, training and money, and then blamed drug users for supplying them with those things. Also, Rumsfeld shook hands with Saddam when we gave him weapons, then he calls him evil and takes him out. Are you implying that there are two different Rumsfelds? Saddam was always evil, we just didn't give a shit back then because he was helping our agenda. Our government is a fraud, they say one thing and do another. In this case, they are worried about some people in Venezuala getting some out-dated automatic weapons, all the while selling brand new top of the line fighter jets to a country with questionable motives as far as terrorists go, and at odds with another nuclear power. That's fucked up.

--------------------

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3975952 - 03/27/05 12:37 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

http://projects.sipri.se/armstrade/Trnd_Ind_IRQ_Imps_73-02.pdf

Top three suppliers of arms to Saddam Hussein, 1973 - 2002

USSR: 57%
* France: 13%
* China: 12%

Then, in order of importance:

* Czechoslovakia: 7%
* Poland: 4%
* Brazil: 2%
* Egypt: 1%
* Romania: 1%
* Denmark: 1%
* Libya: 1%

USA's sales -- 1 percent. None provided before or after the Iraq-Iran war.

Syria hiding Iraq WMDs
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36463

Money trail behind Kerry's Iran stance
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40744

Kerry would still supply Iran with nuclear fuel
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40740

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3976302 - 03/27/05 02:34 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

If one adminstration makes a mistake, or deals with something at the best way that they see at the time, and another administration does something different 20 years later, it's not the same entity thats making the decision.

In this case, we're not talking about 20 years difference. Both sales are going on at the same time, but one is OK and the other is BAD.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: international arms trade [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3978231 - 03/27/05 10:43 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

did I mention anything about Iraq? umm no.

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
    #3999487 - 04/01/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 18 hours ago)

ooookay, dont use links like *worldnetdaily* if you want to trick people into thinking you have any credibility.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: international arms trade [Re: Doom]
    #4001423 - 04/01/05 04:09 PM (19 years, 12 hours ago)

If *worldnetdaily* directly quotes Kerry they are just as credible as anyone could possibly be. After all, they are merely quoting from the horse's mouth.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4001604 - 04/01/05 04:53 PM (19 years, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
First off, I don't just blame America, I blame every country, every government, every human that doesn't treat everyone with compassion, tolerance and respect. The point I was originally making is that our government supplied the terrorist with weapons, training and money, and then blamed drug users for supplying them with those things. Also, Rumsfeld shook hands with Saddam when we gave him weapons, then he calls him evil and takes him out. Are you implying that there are two different Rumsfelds? Saddam was always evil, we just didn't give a shit back then because he was helping our agenda. Our government is a fraud, they say one thing and do another. In this case, they are worried about some people in Venezuala getting some out-dated automatic weapons, all the while selling brand new top of the line fighter jets to a country with questionable motives as far as terrorists go, and at odds with another nuclear power. That's fucked up.

I don't think so. My compassion is reserved for those who I think deserve it, my respect for those who earn it and my tolerance for those who don't abuse it. Everyone????? No fucking way.

As to the arms sales, the CIA war in Afganistan against the Russians was tremendously successful and a huge factor in the fall of the Soviet Union (if you don't think that was a good thing we are not on the same side). None of those arms were used against us and the intelligence we gathered there is what made us capable of taking over that country in a few months with hardly any casualties while the Red Army was defeated there. Coincidence? I don't think so.

In the Iraq-Iran war we supplied whichever side was losing. Good. It kept them killing each other as long as possible. Don't forget, we should have invaded Iran in the seventies when the cunt Carter was president. They invaded our territory when they took over the embassy. They should have been carpet bombed then. They were our greater enemy at the time.

Hussein earned our ire when he invaded Kuwait, a nation which posed no threat to anyone and was utterly defenseless. No, little Saddam, you can't pick on the little kids when the big boys punch back. Go sit in the corner. Except he wouldn't stay in the corner. Now he is in a box.

F-16s to Pakistan, eh, who cares? India, sure, but we already supply them with better F-16s and they have defeated Pakistan in every conflict, being a much larger nation. And they've had more than one conflict. Believe me when I tell you that whatever we sell them is no match for what we keep.

AK-47s to Venezuela? Now this is interesting. What are they good for? There most efficacious use is in intimidating indigenous dissent. For national defense they are rather irrelevant, especially if it is against the US, which whack job Chavez thinks is trying to assassinate him. No, I suspect they are for population intimidation. It's very easy to lose control of 100,000 AKs. Or at least claim you've lost control. It's almost impossible to lose control of F-16s. No one's ever done it to my knowledge.

If you think that these are bad policy decisions or inconsistent then I am very thankful that no one like you will ever be anywhere near a decision making position unless it is as a waiter at a State Department dinner.

--------------------

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: international arms trade [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4009232 - 04/03/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You can definitely see the flaws in logic that the America bashers have in this thread.

About the war between the Soviet Union and Afganistan, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan also helped the mujahideen. The Saudis also appointed Osama bin Laden as the defender of the Islamic faith in Afganistan. Neither of those two countries are blamed by the America bashers. The war happened a long time ago, but the America bashers just seem to continually need to bring up something to irritate Americans.

Edited by Great_Satan (04/03/05 05:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate