Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Want to try my hand at some active cacti. What's a good species/strain for a beginner?
    #3968354 - 03/25/05 11:14 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I would like to try my hand at growing cacti. I know peyote takes forever and I've heard about some other strains/species that also contain mescalin. I'm not the most green thumbed person out there and I'm not super patient either. Can anyone recommend a quick hardy species for me. It needs to be good for a beginner. Thanks.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Want to try my hand at some active cacti. What's a good species/strain for a beginner? [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3968373 - 03/25/05 11:19 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

San pedro and other related species.

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Want to try my hand at some active cacti. What's a good species/strain for a beginner? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3968398 - 03/25/05 11:26 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

How long does San Pedro take to be a good size for harvesting from a seed. I know it depends on a million things but I'm looking for a guestimate. Is there one species that stands out from the others as far as ease of growing? Thanks again.

--------------------

Re: Want to try my hand at some active cacti. What's a good species/strain for a beginner? [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3968414 - 03/25/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

A few years atleast. Mine are a year old and two inches tall and pencil sized in diameter. Best to look for trades and or buy cuttings for 10 bucks. While you start your seeds, so you have the expierience of starting from scratch while propogating the others that will grow like a foot a year. That way you get the best overall rewards.

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Want to try my hand at some active cacti. What's a good species/strain for a beginner? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3968441 - 03/25/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
A few years atleast. Mine are a year old and two inches tall and pencil sized in diameter. Best to look for trades and or buy cuttings for 10 bucks. While you start your seeds, so you have the expierience of starting from scratch while propogating the others that will grow like a foot a year. That way you get the best overall rewards.

Sorry, but I have no idea what your talking about when you say trades or cuttings. I didn't find anything in the quick search I did around the site. Can you send me a link to where I can get a little more up to speed on things or explain in more detail. Are cuttings live plants or something? Forgive my stupidity, I'm completely new to this.

--------------------

#3968463 - 03/25/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

check out the sponsors, its against the rules for me to plug i beleave. Cuttings is a way of propogating plants from a mother plant, Cut a brach or section of a plant root it and grow it. Faster then starting from seed. Do a search on google if you are looking for a person that sells them.

Or check out the market place and put up a wanted add.

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

#3968487 - 03/25/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

It's not illigal to deal with live plants like that?

--------------------

#3968509 - 03/25/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Not with a well known garden species that is even sold at home depot. Now if you want peyote thats a totaly different story.

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

#3968966 - 03/25/05 01:39 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

So is San Pedro really weak compared to Peyote or something? Why is that legal and the other not? Would you just eat the plant in order to feel the effects?

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3969013 - 03/25/05 01:47 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

UTFSE. these questions have all been asked far too many times.

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Want to try my hand at some active cacti. What's a good species/strain for a beginner? [Re: Legoulash]
    #3969056 - 03/25/05 01:53 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Rah said:
UTFSE. these questions have all been asked far too many times.

Uh huh....So then send me a link to where I can find the answers please. I didn't see what I was looking for in the FAQs. By the way, what the hell does UTFSE mean?

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3969146 - 03/25/05 02:14 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

>>So then send me a link to where I can find the answers please

Haha..

it means use the fucking search engine.. Your questions have been asked many many times.. And even asking these questions in public forum bothers some people.

Go into google, ask your question then put "shroomery" at the end.. I personaly dont like the shroomery search either..

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Want to try my hand at some active cacti. What's a good species/strain for a beginner? [Re: Legoulash]
    #3969421 - 03/25/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Alrighty then. Thanks for the info anyway.

--------------------

#3969710 - 03/25/05 05:21 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Ethnobotanical Garden FAQ v1.0 look in there for a teck or two.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies