Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
First Shrooms and other neat stuff of Spring (Pics added 10APR05)
    #3955876 -

:smile: Mushroom season is here in Ohio. I went out to my favorite hunting spot today and found the first fungus of the spring.


[Scarlet cup, Sarcoscypha coccinea]

They make for great eye-candy after a long gray winter, and they also signal that black morel season is a few weeks away. I actually ate a handful of these last year and I'm still alive. :laugh:  I wouldn't recommend them though because they are way too small.

BTW, Ramps are also starting to pop up. I'm making a ramp chili one night this week. Yum...
Get ready for Morel season Ohio!
:smile:  :heart: :mushroom2:

Edited by shroomydan (04/10/05 07:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3956018 -

Nice quality pics shroomydan :smile:

I would figure that it was still very cold up there in Ohio but I guess not. Nice stuff!

:mushroom2:


Evan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3956081 -

Thanks Evan. It's still quite cold. These guys don't mind freezing at night; they thaw out in the next day's sun and continue to grow. Neat mushrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3957775 -

HI, I just heard the morels are up here in Seattle also. Of course I alredy picked a small col,ection of blue ringers on a couple of ocassions during the lat 30 days.

Nice photo
mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3958282 -

Very pretty. Let the season begin!

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3958394 -

Nice!

I was out picking wild garlic yesterday and found loads of wood ears!  :smile:

I know wood ears are supposed to grow year round but I only seem to find them in the spring in the UK.

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3960293 -

Interesting specimens, can't wait for the morel season to get into full swing.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3981599 -

Here are a few photos from yesterday's excursion to an oasis in a brier patch.


[LBM, Galerina?]
This was the only mushroom I saw yesterday. It was only about half the size of a dime, and was growing from a dead rose branch.


[Ramps, Allium tricoccum] Yum!  :laugh:


[Red Spider Mite]


[Tiny Spring Wild Flowers]


These are Crocuses from my mom's garden. They make me happy. :smile:









Happy Spring!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3982405 -

HI Shroomy Day, great photographs of the flora.

Howevetr, i do not think the orange shroom is a galerina. the gills, the little of them I can see are widespread apart.

mj

Nice imagery, thanks for the flowers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3982535 -

Pretty.

My first thought on the mushroom is Marasmius (or one of the many genera close by).

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #3984264 -

Hi Again Shroomy Dan,

Just a tip on the photo taking. That image of the lavender flower with the orange petals is really beautiful in color. Next time when you find a good flower, use a small pair of scissors to cut the dead yellow grass and the pointed green blades from the image so that you can show the whole flower in all of its radiant glory. You can also crop the flower in the image from the original larger image so that the flower fills the whole image.

Anyway, that flower sure is pretty.

have a shroomy day and hope to see more flowers. i love them.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4012422 -

Thanks MJ, I didn't notice those pieces of dead grass until I posted the pictures. There is definitely an art to taking good photos.

Here are some from this past weekend.


It still seemed very much like winter early in the afternoon on Sunday when I arrived at my sacred garden.


[shroomydan-mobile]








But there were signs of life.

                       
[Marasmius?]




The woody underbrush plants were just starting to sprout their spring leaves.


[wild Rose]




And some fragile wild flowers were in bloom.

                       




These trout lillies will be blooming in a week or two. The red mottling of the leaves helps the plant absorb more sunlight and also helps them blend in with the brown leaf littler of the forest floor. By the time they bloom, the leaves will have turned a solid green.





Some wild green onions. I think these are in the Chives family.





These shelf fungi were also out. I didn't try to identify them.

                     



A woodpecker has moved in to this forest. I couldn't get a shot of him, but here is some of his work. I'll be checking those piles of woodchips for shrooms later in the season. :mushroom2:

                                                                                       



Check out this gnarly tree.

                       



And this gnarly grape vine.





The sun showed its face later in the day. :sun:

                     


The scarlet cups were out in force.

                                               



Another neat tree.

                         

I hope you all enjoyed the photos.

Peace Love and shroomyness.  :smile: :heart: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #4015316 -

Beautiful, that cup fungi has a very vivid color.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: Pinback]
    #4015418 -

Nice finds SD. I wish you would have gotten a pic of that Polypore's underside. Trippy looking pattern.

Is the ShroomyDan mobile a Geo?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pics added 28MAR05) [Re: shroomydan]
    #4022519 -

quite a good spread of photos

thanks for sharing shroomydan
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pics added 28MAR05) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4023779 -

I like taking photos of trees also,
especially in spring and fall.... Nice shots...
I really need a new camera... Nofindum..

oh and thanks
shroomydan...


--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: Gumby]
    #4024379 -

Quote:
Is the ShroomyDan mobile a Geo?



Actually it's a Chevy. Geo was bought out in 1999 I believe, and Chevy started making the Metro in 2000 when I bought mine. I love the Metro; 1.0 liters of raw three cylinder power! :smile:

----------

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

It looks like nofind_um has come out of hibernation. It's good to see you back on the board man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #4024431 -

Nice pics SD, thanx for sharin' :smile:


--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4025833 -

Some more crocus, from last month.



And some tulips for good measure(this month), I wish I could post the scent of these-UNBELIEVABLY GOOD! Un-re-touched and un-enhanced pic, that color of red is brilliant.

pics of spring shrooms soon....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Shrooms of Spring (Pic) [Re: shroomydan]
    #4025874 -

shroomydan said:
I love the Metro; 1.0 liters of raw three cylinder power! :smile:




:lol:

Edited by California (02/22/10 09:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ohio herbajerba 859 2 04/15/04 02:10 PM
by pfshroomer
* Blue-foot Psilocybe caerulipes [ovoideocystidiata] Found in Ohio [Fall fruit photo added 28NOV06]
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
shroomydan 79,638 124 05/30/18 04:54 PM
by Funnyguy
* Psilocybe caerulipes in Ohio?
( 1 2 all )
falseaddiction 51,846 22 07/19/07 11:34 AM
by Montanahunter420
* Active Pluteus found in Ohio shroomydan 4,319 11 06/22/06 04:24 AM
by Zen Peddler
* South West Ohio mattjcameron 1,307 11 06/27/07 05:34 PM
by mattjcameron
* New to south GA, hunting help ! Army of None 698 1 10/18/07 01:49 PM
by GGreatOne234
* Ohio Hunters Jurd420 5,905 19 02/22/08 04:46 PM
by CureCat
* Pan Subbs???? (Pictures) (Ohio) ***updated w/ print toad857 3,195 17 05/16/04 06:38 PM
by nofind_um

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
9,107 topic views. 0 members, 19 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.