Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Active Pluteus found in Ohio
    #5769728 -

I went to visit  playtyme7303 over the weekend, and it was quite an adventure.  :smile:

It was really dry, but we did manage to find a few mushrooms while four wheeling in Wayne National Forest.



[Lacaria sp.]


[Playtyme holding a Pluteus cervinus specimen]


[Stuck in the mud]


[Out of the Mud]


I thought I was going to die on the back of that four wheeler, but playtyme promised we would be alright and we were.  :laugh:

We were hoping to find some P. caerulipes, but the area we were in didn't look right to me, so I suggested we head down to the banks of the Ohio River and look in debris piles.

There were no bluefoot there, but I did find this little guy. It was already dry when I found it growing singly from a rotting log along the banks of the Ohio river, just south of Portsmouth Ohio. I would have gotten a photo of it in situ, but I picked it thinking it was a bluefoot before I had a chance to take a photo.

                                                   


The bluing is subtle but obviously psilocybian, and the smell is similar to active psilocybes. The cap is ruffly the size of a quarter. This is without a doubt one of the active species of Pluteus. I would check that log again after it rains, but it's five hours away.  :frown:

I do however have the specimen, and as you can see, there are some spores on the stem.  :smile:

:smile: :heart: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: shroomydan]
    #5769782 -

Definately follow up on that shroomydan. Any guess to species?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: Gumby]
    #5769928 -

If I had to guess, I would say Pluteus salicinus, but I'm not sure of the criteria for distinguishing between the various active Pluteus species. It's neat to actually find one though.

Maybe one of the advanced cultivators would like to work with this specimen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: shroomydan]
    #5770507 -

Nice finds!!!  It's cool to see that people search for species other than in the genus Psilocybe, Panaeolus, or Copelandia!  This is the first active Pluteus I have seen posted here- very cool. 
hopefully someone will try their hands at a grow  :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: shroomydan]
    #5771236 -

Yes, Dan and I had a great time!!! That was my first real hunt with someone who new what they where doing. Not only did we hunt mushrooms, he also informed me about different plants and their uses. The whole experience was very fun and educational. Thanks again Dan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: shroomydan]
    #5771996 -

Interesting, nice finds.

I remember Workman making a post in one of my threads saying that he was interested in getting ahold of some active pluteus spores.

If I were you, I would try contact him about it. He is one of the most advanced and skilled cultivators that I have had the pleasure of talking to.


--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Active Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: shroomydan]
    #5773079 -

Beautiful discovery. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: shroomydan]
    #5774152 -

Woooo ya! I've been looking for any active pluteus for quite some time. I'd be more than honored to work with it.


--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: Workman]
    #5777120 -

You should play the lottery dan cause you're the luckiest son of a bitch I know lol.


--------------------
I'm floating in a most peculiar way... and the stars look very different today --David Bowie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: The_Appalachain]
    #5777309 -

Not so much luck, persistence I think. :grin:

I would love to win the lottery. Then I could travel the world searching for new and exotic species, but it seems not to be my fate.

I'm so glad Playtyme invited me to go hunting. The trip was well worth the five hour drive.  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: Workman]
    #5777312 -

PM me your address Workman and Ill send you a specimen.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Magic Pluteus found in Ohio [Re: shroomydan]
    #5779524 -

excellent find and excellent pics. Well done ate.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ohio subb hunting!!! all you need to know!
( 1 2 all )
AsianYumYum 7,485 34 09/27/07 06:41 PM
by andrewss
* Ohio Banez 554 0 09/01/06 02:34 PM
by Banez
* Ohio Hunters Jurd420 5,906 19 02/22/08 04:46 PM
by CureCat
* SW Ohio season? bbbnnm 1,776 7 04/23/03 01:28 PM
by Anonymous
* WHAT IN THE WOULD IS THIS SOUTHERN OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!! playtyme7303 1,482 10 07/09/05 05:20 PM
by ToxicMan
* Northwest Ohio Gems - Please Help Identify GoldenVoice 303 1 05/05/21 12:14 PM
by RenegadeMycologist
* Psilocybe caerulipes in Ohio?
( 1 2 all )
falseaddiction 51,846 22 07/19/07 11:34 AM
by Montanahunter420
* ID Help Please - New Ohio Hunter horsepoo 1,606 5 04/27/04 03:12 PM
by horsepoo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
4,319 topic views. 2 members, 29 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.