Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
spore prints
    #394314 - 09/14/01 01:22 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

how do i make a steril spore print without a glovebox???

does the print need to be steril?

I'll never look at the Tazmanian Devil the same way again.

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: spore prints [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #394488 - 09/14/01 04:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Heat a index card or other material at 250 for 40 minutes, as to sterilize the card or matherial that is about to retrieve the print. With as little handling as possible cut off the stem of a mature, sporulating cap as far up to the cap as possible and place on the paper. Let sit for 24 to 48 hours. After this you should have a nice, clean sporeprint. Fold it up and cover all sides with tape. Store in a secure enviroment.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
    #394494 - 09/14/01 04:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Good ole printer paper works like a champ. Pick a piece in the middle of the ream. Wipe a scapel with alcohol and cut a nice open cap off of a shroom and place on the paper. Do not touch the vents underneath. Then take a shot glass or small glass and place it over the cap and let it sit for about 12 hours. You will have a nice dark spore laden print. Fold up and dry in your dessicant chamber to remove any moisture from the print. Voila!!!!!!!!!! great print to make syringes from or agar petri dishes.

?But I don?t want to go among mad people,? Alice remarked.
?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!! hahahahaha"

Edited by Numba9 on 09/14/01 05:49 PM.

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

OfflineCharlieParker

#394599 - 09/14/01 06:27 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Your a dumb fucking idiot. If you would of read up about this, you wouldn't be asking this question. What the fuck are you trying to do here? Get people late for work so they can answer your dumb ass question? Go read some more before asking another question you fucking queer.

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Re: spore prints [Re: CharlieParker]
    #394714 - 09/14/01 08:50 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Seems you`re the Idiot CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. The Forum states.......and I quote" If you're trying to grow psilocybe cubensis mushrooms and you have any questions, this is the forum for you. ". Answers like that are un-called for to someone who is trying to learn about cultivation..... If you can`t answer in helpful way.....;keep your bad attitude to yourself..... Peace& love............out

?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!! hahahahaha"

Edited by Numba9 on 09/14/01 09:52 PM.

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Re: spore prints [Re: Numba9]
    #394715 - 09/14/01 08:56 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah... one more thing CHARLIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any moron can change his profile...... No fuckin way are an administrator of this forum or administrator of anything that comes to mind,,,, masturbator maybe...... because you sound like about a 12 year old in an AOL chat room talking like that.. sounds way to familiar...... keep those shitty posts to yourself

--------------------

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
Re: spore prints [Re: CharlieParker]
    #394718 - 09/14/01 09:04 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

What the fuck is wrong with you Charlie, you fucking dickhead. This forum is here for him to ba able to post that, and how do you know he hasn't read up about it and is only asking to clear some stuff up or because he got confused after reading up.

You don't need to jump on people and insult them for stuff they did right just to make yourself feel bigger. It's people like you who bring the entire community down.

Support the FSR!

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: spore prints [Re: pyromaniac]
    #394743 - 09/14/01 10:03 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Penguin, heavy duty aluminum foil works great and it's simple to use. You can cut the aluminum to the size you want. Make sure you make it bigger than the print so that you'll be able to fold the ends and seal the print. You can sterilize the aluminum in the oven if you like for 30-45 min, but I hear from very reliable sources that it is not necessary. Simply taking the aluminum and wiping it with alcohol works very well. Once you have wiped it with alcohol allow it to dry,put the cap on it and cover it with a glass or a bowl of some type. Let it sit for 24-48 hrs. It is easy as pie. Make sure you keep your fingers and hands as far as possible from the print. Read up on some teks, just to gain some info. But it is simple. This is an appropriate question. There's no reason for anyone to be rude to you for asking it. Good luck with your prints.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: spore prints [Re: isis]
    #394771 - 09/14/01 11:02 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Do you guys recommend heating the printing paper/foil in an oven to gaurantee sterility??

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: spore prints [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #394801 - 09/15/01 12:05 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I suggest you use foil and you can sterilize it by just putting it in a 300 degree oven for a few minutes.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: spore prints [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #394898 - 09/15/01 02:10 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I've asked a few people that question myself.Putting the foil or paper in the oven will work. I have never used paper. I have only used foil. The first time, I put my set up in the oven for 45 min at 350(I think). That was overkill,but it worked. I asked a number of experienced people if just using alcohol would work, they said yes. So for the second run , I just wiped the aluminum well with alcohol. So, far I've had no reports of contaminants with either method. I bet foil is easier in this sence. It would be hard to wet paper with alcohol.

OfflineTreeofLife
Loc: OH
Re: spore prints [Re: isis]
    #395066 - 09/15/01 11:28 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

FEW SIMPLE WORDS: USE FOIL, RUB WITH ALCOHOL

The only thing you have to fear is, fear itself...

--------------------
The only thing you have to fear is, fear itself...

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: spore prints [Re: TreeofLife]
    #395078 - 09/15/01 11:55 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: spore prints [Re: ralphster44]
    #395103 - 09/15/01 12:23 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Come on guys, you might be confusing the newbies. By alcohol we mean rubbing alcohol found at local drug stores and not gin, rum, vodka and all that fun stuff.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineKingsnake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: US of A
Re: spore prints [Re: phrozendata]
    #395114 - 09/15/01 12:40 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

...what if you used 190 proof grain alcohol?....

Kingsnake

...curiouser & curiouser...

--------------------
Kingsnake

...curiouser & curiouser...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck