Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCanadianRebel
Curious wanderer
Eating your first active finds...
    #3924476 - 03/16/05 05:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How would one go about consuming his first active mushroom finds?
I mean, if I were talking psilocybe, I'd look for the purple prints and blue reaction, but I'm talking pann subbs and for me they aren't easy to I.D.
I'm 95% sure this is what I have, and have alot of them, but Idon't want to go getting sick...
Would it be recommended to eat say 2 dry grams until a certain effect is achieved(sick OR high) and evaluate from there, or are subbs not even worth the hassle?
What is a recommended subbs dose?

--------------------
You've got your head in the clouds and your world is upside down...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Eating your first active finds... [Re: CanadianRebel]
    #3924481 - 03/16/05 05:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Don't eat them unless You're 100000% sure what they are. We can help to identify the mushrooms but you have to provide us with an accurate description and pictures (if possible) as told in the Mushroom Hunting forum rules and guidelines.

--------------------

OfflineCanadianRebel
Curious wanderer
Re: Eating your first active finds... [Re: ivi]
    #3924495 - 03/16/05 06:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

O.K.
Mushrooms found in city flower beds along a large canal(near fresh water). They grow only in clusters, have light black to jet black spore prints.
Stems are thicker/meatier than say foensici(sp).
They are sometimes reddish, and have a sort of fuzz on the stems of more mature shrooms.
They appear to be almost reddish to dark brown, and sometimes caps bleach golden in the sun...
Some specimens have a whitish ring on the rim of the caps...
Sound like subs?

--------------------

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3924519 - 03/16/05 06:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hard to say. What is your geographical location? Canada? I don't know, isn't it early? City flower beds, eh? What were they like, what exactly were the mushrooms growing on? Was any manure present, hay, compost, anything else? Is the stem hollow? Have You noticed any bluing at the base of the stems when bruised? Any way you can take some pictures of them? That would make the identification a lot easier.

--------------------

OfflineCanadianRebel
Curious wanderer
Re: Eating your first active finds... [Re: ivi]
    #3924857 - 03/16/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, mjshroomer already warned me about doubble posts, the habitat
is already listed in my other post...
I do live in Southern Ontario, where the only actives are pann subbs..
They were growing in city parks flower beds along a walking path near a river...
Yes, hollow fibrous stems, no blue bruising at ALL but thats not that uncommon with subbs I hear, due to low psylocin content...
Also, I believe Coprinus and pann subbs are the only mushroom with jet black spore print but I know 100000000% are not coprinus, totally different shrooms. Plus they melt in sunlight, MY suspected subbs almost BLEAC in the sun turning from chocolate brown/red to a golden tan...

--------------------

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #3925314 - 03/16/05 12:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

they sould like they could be pan subs. i have not had luck finding this mushroom yet but your description sounds right. Like said before a pic would be the best thing you could get for a positive ID.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate