Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
"Bush: Outsourcing Jobs Since 2000" bumper sticker
    #3913138 - 03/13/05 07:36 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

http://www.bumperart.com/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=2004091503&ProductID=12156

President Bush and his Republican party have shown strong support for outscoring of services to off-shore destinations. According to President Bush outsourcing will give rise to a win-win situation and in the long run is sure to develop the US economy by increasing revenues and bringing newer and better paying jobs.

NOW HOW DOES AMERICAN WORKER BENIFIT FROM IT????

India looks forward to George W. Bush?s second term as president. At present, the country earns about $8.3 billion in outsourcing revenues from the US, and with Bush?s re-election, India expects more growth through favorable outsourcing policies.

Wipro Spectramind head, Raman Roy, is excited about Bush? re-election. With this continuity, Roy hopes that more companies will move their operations offshore to India where costs are lower.

Kiran Kanik of the lobby group, National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom), expects Bush to support outsourcing by reducing visa restrictions and rejecting protectionist policies. Kanik says, "We see Mr. Bush as a strong supporter of free trade. He is good news for India."

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineendokrin
Stranger

Loc: SouthEast
Re: "Bush: Outsourcing Jobs Since 2000" bumper sticker [Re: starptv23]
    #3913566 - 03/13/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

My good friend, in the long run, the very long run, free trade is good for all nations.

If you owned a company and had a use for services which could be outsourced to India, etc., and to do so would mean a huge savings and thus a larger profit, would you do it?

What if all of your competition were doing it.. you would have to just to keep up.

Yes people in the US will lose/have lost their jobs.. but that's where education comes in. We specialize in what we do best. Forget the low paying job--you didn't want it anyways! Get an education and develop a new product or technology which will improve society.. Someday you may play a big part in bringing the world together and improving life for all of earth
But for now, America is Capital rich whereas India is Labor rich.
We start businesses, they answer phones.

I have good friends who have lost jobs due to outsourcing--it sucks, it is a major hardship for them and their families, but in the long run, for the majority of people, free trade/no barriers/no measures to prevent outsourcing is a good thing for America, and for all the world.

So to finish, that bumper sticker is meant to bash Bush, when in reality, at least to someone with some economic background and someone with foresight able to look past short term losses and look ahead toward the long term gains, the bumper sticker is really sort of an accolade

--------------------
"If King Kong sells drugs, we'll put him in jail"

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3913617 - 03/13/05 09:10 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

How exactly has Bush been outsourcing jobs(or "supporting" it for that matter)?

--------------------

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: "Bush: Outsourcing Jobs Since 2000" bumper sticker [Re: Silversoul]
    #3913721 - 03/13/05 09:37 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

humm hey give companies money and a tax right off to move to a driffrent counrty...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3916617 - 03/14/05 02:14 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

I think we should also keep the countries we outsource jobs too in mind. These countries need the jobs way more than we do. I'm not trying to say we should give up all of our jobs, but there are people actually starving to death in many of the countries that benifit from outsourcing.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: "Bush: Outsourcing Jobs Since 2000" bumper sticker [Re: z@z.com]
    #3916712 - 03/14/05 02:41 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

i know other countries need jobs also but why do Americans have to suffer cus the companies moving pay less to there workers and they dont have to set up benefits...it is simple money talks...i do feel for other people starving but what is there government doing to help these people nothing and soon America will be the same way...people are hungry every day in the USA we just dont see it in the news as we do with other countries...it always seams like the USA wants to be a hero in every other countries eyes...

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3917181 - 03/14/05 04:40 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

You know, your posts would be easier to read if you used proper punctuation. In any case, America has a strong economy, and outsourcing isn't going to change that(though the Federal Reserve just might). Give the other countries a chance. These jobs will help them catch up. Their governments can't help them by themselves.

--------------------

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3917404 - 03/14/05 05:11 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Paradigm said:

You know, your posts would be easier to read if you used proper punctuation...

thank you for your advise even though it is hurt full and your trying to be mean...jobs are going away I lived in Chicago and some of the biggest companies outsourced to India and I personal know people that cant find a job or one that paid as well...so i guess they dont count!! as long as you have a job. wait till your or someone you love company goes outsourcing...
no job in America means losing allot for a family that has a house payment a car payment and bills just to live...tell them they don't matter and other countries do...we need to fix the usa before we fix anywhere else....

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3917443 - 03/14/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

What's happening is we're becoming a service economy instead of a manufacturing economy. The economy is shifting, and it will be a difficult transition for many people, but we will adapt, as we always have with every economic shift. I never said the people who lose their jobs don't matter, but they, like everyone else, will have to learn to adapt to the changing economic climate. This shift is occuring whether we want it to or not. The industrial revolution was a difficult transition as well, but we persevered, just as we will through this. And no, I wasn't trying to be mean. I was trying to give some constructive criticism. Please, calm down.

--------------------

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3917501 - 03/14/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

we're becoming a service economy

Aren't many service jobs (call center, customer service ...) being sent overseas as well.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: "Bush: Outsourcing Jobs Since 2000" bumper sticker [Re: newuser1492]
    #3917521 - 03/14/05 07:17 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

yes those kind of jobs are going there...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3917549 - 03/14/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Tough. By the way please exlain 1. how "BUSH" is outsourcing jobs and 2. why you think the government should intervene in what is essentially a free market adjustment. Or do you think that these people are only suited for careers as subsistence farmers?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: "Bush: Outsourcing Jobs Since 2000" bumper sticker [Re: newuser1492]
    #3917678 - 03/14/05 07:49 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
we're becoming a service economy

Aren't many service jobs (call center, customer service ...) being sent overseas as well.

Some, yes. But this is not a pattern which companies can follow indefinitely. If they outsource too many jobs, they will not have customers in America, and thus will lose profits. The market finds a way of responding to new needs.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3917692 - 03/14/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

My brother has a job that was outsourced from the United States. He works as a technical support consultant for Sprint cell phones. One of the procedures at his place of work is that consultants don't mention to customers that they are located in Canada, due to the political climate in the U.S. surrounding out sourcing.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3917960 - 03/14/05 08:38 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

starptv, you are correct in saying businesses go over seas due to taxes and minimum wage. However, keep in mind that conservatives generally try to keep business taxes and min. wage relatively low, therefore your argument doesn't really fit with the title and I think that was the discrepancy here. That said, I personally favor a small increase in min. wage countered by tax incentives for companies to stay in the US.

I think endokrin put it well (albeit bluntly) and I think this is true for a rapidly developing capitalist nation.

Quote:

Yes people in the US will lose/have lost their jobs.. but that's where education comes in. We specialize in what we do best. Forget the low paying job--you didn't want it anyways! Get an education and develop a new product or technology which will improve society.. Someday you may play a big part in bringing the world together and improving life for all of earth

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3918724 - 03/14/05 10:42 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

outsourcing will give rise to a win-win situation and in the long run is sure to develop the US economy by increasing revenues and bringing newer and better paying jobs.

:rotfl: thats such obvious bullshit as to be unworthy of a refute...

Quote:

thats bullshit too..but in this case ill bother to explain ..many of the jobs that are going to india require a college education..such as software development..accounting..architechture..and radiology.. there are many others too...an education might get you a better-paying job in the short run..but it will eventually disappear..at which point you must pay for the cost of another education...when that gets balanced against a short-term higher-paying job..it might not be worth it...you can always study for a job that cannot be outsourced..but then so will everybody else..and the increased competition will drive wages downward in those jobs and make them less worthy of the educational expenses...

as such..outsourcing has the effect of devaluating education..and the resulting brain drain will leave us a nation of undereducated zombies that would easily swallow such malarky as the first quote above...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: "Bush: Outsourcing Jobs Since 2000" bumper sticker [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3918877 - 03/14/05 11:33 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

We need to abolish taxes on income and especially corporate taxes. Those taxes are always factored into the prices of American goods and it makes us less competative in world markets. The cost of social security and maintaining Federal highways are included in the price you pay for every American made product. It doesn't have to be that way, and it wasn't always that way. Our products would be more competative if we stopped adding those additional costs to them.

Over 20% of the price of every American made product is taxes. If we switched to a consumption tax we would instantly reduce the costs of our products on world markets and they would become competative overnight. You would then see a resurgence in our manufacturing base.

I belive the link I am thinking of is Fairtax.org.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: "Bush: Outsourcing Jobs Since 2000" bumper sticker [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3918884 - 03/14/05 11:35 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Also, I am interested in knowing what the President of the United States could do to stop the outsourcing of jobs. If you don't like outsourcing, please give me some alternative solutions.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom