Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: 10 Reasons Bush wants to ban Moore film [Re: grib]
    #2722077 - 05/24/04 09:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

?Fahrenheit 9/11? made waves in the weeks leading up to Cannes after the Walt Disney Co. refused to let subsidiary Miramax release the film in the United States because of its political content. Miramax bosses Harvey and Bob Weinstein are negotiating to buy back the film and find another distributor, with hopes of landing it in theaters by Fourth of July weekend.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5039229/

So, according to the AP, Disney HAS said that the film will not be released due to it's political content.

Go Weinsteins!!

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

Re: 10 Reasons Bush wants to ban Moore film [Re: GernBlanston]
    #2722789 - 05/24/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i was just informed that the Finnish television company nelonen has bought the rights to the Farenheit 911 movie.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: 10 Reasons Bush wants to ban Moore film [Re: Learyfan]
    #2724015 - 05/24/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I can't wait to check out Moore's next comedy. I laughed my ass off during "Bowling for Columine" it was hysterical.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: 10 Reasons Bush wants to ban Moore film [Re: d33p]
    #2724028 - 05/24/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

glad you find it so easy to laugh at ,
everything around you must amuse you as well

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: 10 Reasons Bush wants to ban Moore film [Re: vampirism]
    #2724043 - 05/24/04 05:25 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I just find comdies which distort the truth and include some pieces of utter rubbish and then get toted as a documentary as funny.

"Bowling for Columbine" was not a documentary in the classical sense and should not have won an oscar. It was a good movie just not a documentary.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: 10 Reasons Bush wants to ban Moore film [Re: vampirism]
    #2724429 - 05/24/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry I haven't responded to all of your posts. Let me try to field some of these questions.

Quote:

Suess said:

> why was the only plane to fly out of the US carrying 24 members of Osama bin Laden's family

This isn't true. I personally know of one other non-military plane that was flying that day (with permission) which had nothing to do with bin Laden's family

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/030903binladen.html

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/030903binladen1.html

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/the_bin_ladens_great_escape.htm

Quote:

Luvdemshrooms said:

Perhaps you could show us a linik showing that Bush has actually said he wants to ban the flick?

Or is that mere speculation by the author, who I might add..... seems to have drank a little too much before writing the article?

No one is saying that Bush is publicly trying to stop this movie, but if you were Bush would you want the movie to come out? It's common sense to assume that Bush wants to stop the movie.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2724476 - 05/24/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

So speculation it is then.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: 10 Reasons Bush wants to ban Moore film [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2724525 - 05/24/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Do you think Bush wants America to see this movie in an election year? Yes or no?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2724542 - 05/24/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Probably not. That's also speculation.

He may not even care.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2724842 - 05/24/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I wonder if those kids in that classroom feel bad for making the president stay there to read them stories when he could have been saving America.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: 10 Reasons Bush wants to ban Moore film [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2725190 - 05/24/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I doubt it. That's a really good story.

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #2725714 - 05/24/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If it's a story about goats, I'd have stayed too.

I loves me some goats.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2728279 - 05/25/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Clarke Testimony Discredits Moore's 'Fahrenheit 911'

It's a good thing for Bush-bashing conspiracy filmmaker Michael Moore that the folks who run the Cannes Film Festival weren't paying much attention to the 9/11 Commission hearings earlier this year.

Otherwise they might have figured out that the central premise of Moore's film "Fahrenheit 911" - that President Bush let Osama bin Laden's relatives escape the U.S. and fly off to Saudi Arabia after the 9/11 attacks - has already been debunked.

What's more, the debunker in question, former White House terrorism czar Richard Clarke, has impeccable Bush-bashing credentials, authoring an entire book claiming that the Bush White House didn't do enough to prevent the 9/11 attacks.

But there's one allegation Clarke doesn't include in his anti-Bush bill of particulars - Moore's charge that he let the bin Ladens get away. Why not?

Because Clarke himself has already admitted to making that decision himself.

"I was making - or coordinating a lot of decisions on 9/11 in the days immediately after," he told the 9/11 Commission in late March, saying that the proposal to authorize the bin Laden fly-out was brought directly to him.

Clarke's testimony turned vague about what happened after that, but his comments to Vanity Fair magazine last August made it crystal clear who approved the bin Ladens' escape.

"My role was to say it can't happen until the FBI approves it," he told writer Craig Unger. "And so the FBI was asked - we had a live connection to the FBI - and we asked the FBI to make sure that they were satisfied that everybody getting on that plane was someone that it was O.K. to leave."

Then Clarke confessed: "And [the FBI] came back and said, yes it was fine with them. So we said fine, let it happen."

Maybe it's not too late for the judges at Cannes to rescind Mr. Moore's "Golden Palm" award for trying to palm off his movie fantasy as a documentary.

Moore sucks.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2728762 - 05/25/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

What? So you?re saying that the Bin Laden?s were allowed to leave the country?? How is that debunking that theory?

I don?t get it. I must be stupid.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2728795 - 05/25/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Your post:
IN the wake of the attacks, the US became a no-fly zone. Moore asks: "Why did Bush allow a private Saudi jet to fly around the US in the days after September 11 to pick up members of the bin Laden family and fly them out of the country without a proper FBI investigation? Might it have been possible that at least one of the 24 bin Ladens would have known something?"

My post:
But there's one allegation Clarke doesn't include in his anti-Bush bill of particulars - Moore's charge that he let the bin Ladens get away. Why not?

Because Clarke himself has already admitted to making that decision himself.

Bush didn't do it. Clarke did.

Quote:

I must be stupid.

Stupid? Nah. Just too anxious to find fault. So anxious that you don't take the time to see if what you claim is actually what was.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2728809 - 05/25/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I am curious.

No-one has been able to show Bush lied. Yet you claim he's a liar.

Many have shown Moore lied, yet you trumpet him as if he was some type of hero.

Why the double standard?

And please.... no "Bush is the president" crap. A liar is a liar no matter who he is.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2729076 - 05/25/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, so someone in the Bush administration allowed the Bin Laden's the fly home. Some blame needs to fall on Bush for that. Even if he didn't make that decision, Bush needs to be blamed for allowing so many others to make important decisions for him.

I still haven't seen definitive proof that Moore has lied. People post links showing that he lied and then someone else posts links showing why it wasn't a lie. It's hard to know who to believe. I like Michael Moore because of his good intentions and rebellious spirit, but if he has lied then he needs to be called on it.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2729288 - 05/25/04 07:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It's hard to know who to believe.

Moore: Disney just told me they won't release my movie.
Disney: We told him a year ago.
Moore: True enough.

With this guy, lies can be proven with his own words.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2729712 - 05/25/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I guess.

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #2756501 - 06/02/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order