Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineprimal440
journeyman
black people on white drugs (?)
    #3915730 - 03/14/05 12:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hello, i post the topic like this to be more sensacionalist, but the question is this: not being from the states, and looking at stereotyped accounts of your drug culture and diverse reading i have seen that there might be more incidence of psychedelic drug taking from white people (possibly) with moure resources. how much truth does this observation have?
its typical to associate blacks with crack, weed and heroin, more "escapist" and urban drugs(add sociology type of thinking here) more than with the bourgeois and refined psychedelic drug taking.

Did I make a point?

PS: Please dont take this as racism or any of that shit, its just a fucking naive question.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: primal440]
    #3915850 - 03/14/05 12:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well the thing is that psychdelic drugs aren't commonly available in an urban setting, because if you sell drugs in the hood, you'll usually sell drugs that have a higher profit margin (coke, heroin, etc.)

I have a friend that used to blow coke, and he went to the hood to buy some one time, and asked the guy if he knew anyone that had mushrooms. The guy had no idea what he was asking for.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3916235 - 03/14/05 02:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't see how a drug can be labled for a certain race. It's more of a location thing. Ghetto areas tend to have harder drugs like meth, coke, heroin and less soft drugs such as acid, mushrooms, X. Just because there tends to be more of a certain race in that area doesn't mean those are "their" drugs, ya dig? Drugs are meant for everyone to share, black, white, hispanic, asian, whathaveyou....

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: DNKYD]
    #3916269 - 03/14/05 02:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Black people don't seem to do Meth around here. It's mostly coke and weed. That's how it was a couple of years ago anyway whenever I was into those drugs.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3916289 - 03/14/05 02:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ive tripped a with a black friend a mind a few times. Although he doesnt act very ghetto or whatever.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

#3916733 - 03/14/05 04:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

people are people are people. they all like to get fucked up, black people like drugs besides heroin / crack etc just as much as white people. just like white people like crack/heroin just as much as blacks

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3916761 - 03/14/05 04:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

usage of a specific drug doesn't have to do much with race imo. maybe with culture, but that's a whole different story

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: stefan]
    #3917253 - 03/14/05 06:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

heroin and crack are probably more popular in an inner city setting because they are highly addictive and bring a lot of returning customers...a lot of people that sell inner city do it because they need the money, not for a hobby, so to them its all profit, and addictive drugs bring in a lot of money

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Offlineprimal440
journeyman
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: syanesso]
    #3917532 - 03/14/05 09:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ok
esxucse my lack of culture but i dont live in a country where you see lots of black people, and lately ive been fascinated by black american culture a bit. i was curious about what kind of context do most (and i know its difficult to generalize but bare ith me) 2black people" give to their psychedelic experience. do they actually talk the same stuff you usually hear from whites? even if i havent seen any black guy on lsd, id swear he wouldnt rant on the same shit lsd is supposed to be in mainstream drug culture, with spiritual remarks included. that is not to say that black people arent spiritual, but i dont think they fall for the same diversions and bullshit some white people fall to. anybody black in this community?

again, ecuse me if i sound too rude or offensive, i dont know, shit im just ignorant of the whole topic in your country.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3918799 - 03/15/05 01:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Why are you labouring under the assumption that blacks are not spiritual people? In comparison to whites, they make us look like a vacuous bunch of pricks. White spirituality consists of going to church once a week to redeem our wicked souls, whereas some black communities actually REVOLVE around the church. The only thing we worship nowadays is the almighty dollar, people who don't have this mindset are obviously in a better position to attain spirituality of less negligible worth.

Borg.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: BorgFace]
    #3920211 - 03/15/05 10:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Poor urban 'blacks' use crack.  Poor rural 'whites' use meth.
Rastas get spiritual with weed.

Wise words:  Ain't no such thing as race :wink:

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Anonymous

Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: wjames]
    #3922074 - 03/15/05 07:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

monkey see, monkey do.......then they get addicted.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: ]
    #3922161 - 03/15/05 07:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Actually most of the "white guys" on entheogens just want to get fucked up. Not saying all of them do but that is true for the vast majority. The people that I know who do entheogens for healing are mostly natives.

Not that all Indians eat peyote, but lets look at a fairly universal ritual, the sweat. You're in a small totally dark hut in intense heat, much much hotter than a sauna. I can get just as much sorted out in this state as I could on shrooms.

Anyway my point is a lot of the people using these drugs "properly" are shamans who aren't white. But hey I could be wrong.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3923528 - 03/16/05 12:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Race in itself seems useless to categorize drug users. The reason certain drugs and races seem to overlap is mainly location; a densely-populated ghetto in the inner city may be mostly all black people, and because it's a ghetto in the inner city it'll have more hard drugs like heroin and cocaine, but I would guess it would be the same if there was a ghetto of white people in the inner city. And just as many rural towns with more forest will have white people using marijuana, mushrooms and LSD, or the rave scenes will have mostly white people using ecstasy, it's not the race that makes the difference, but rather the location of use and the culture that person is exposed to.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineshallow
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: Ravus]
    #3924033 - 03/16/05 02:39 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I dunno. Me and a friend of mine used to split QP's we bought off a black man from the inner city (we were from the suburbs). One time we gave him a few hits of some really kick ass blotter. He said he saw demons and he swore he hated and would never do it again. Me and my buddy concluded at the time that his bad experience was from the kind of shitty, screw over you best friend to survive life he had to live. Who knows though? Maybe we didnt give him enough :cool:

EDIT:
Quote:

And just as many rural towns with more forest will have white people using marijuana

I completly disagree with this. IME, most of the green and most of the best green comes from the 'black man' (I am white).

Edited by shallow (03/16/05 02:41 AM)

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: shallow]
    #3924177 - 03/16/05 03:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

jesus christ, you people are so hung up with being politically correct that you are missing the entire question the guy is trying to pose.

let me try and translate what he is trying to say to make you more comfortable.

What he is asking is, If 2 people took a hallucinogen, say shrooms. 1 person being black and raised in the urban black culture, The other person white, and raised in a predominately white culture, lets say hippie. Would the thug from the urban culture have the same experience as the hippie, even with set, setting, dosage, and tolerance level being equal along both cases.

I would venture to say that the hippie would have a much more spiritual experience, and the thug would just have a "get fucked up" experience.

Then again you can take a white person from the suburban preppy "abercrombie and fitch" culture, and i think he would have a similar experience to the thug mentioned earlier. Similarly, IMO if you take a black person from the black church culture, he would probably have a spiritual experience, but probably much different from what the hippie would experience. And compared to what a white person raised in the white church culture would experience, both the white church and black church people would have spiritual experiences most likely, but would probably be very different in nature. Now imagine trying to compare all that with what a theoretical physicist would experience.

So IMO, race, in-it-of-itself, does not decide how you will react to a hallucinogen. I think the culture and environment you grew up in will dictate how you will react. But being of a certain race makes someone more likely to be raised in certain cultures. For example, it is more likely for someone who is black to grow up in a thug or black church culture, just like it is more likely for a white person to grow up in a hippie or abercrombie-and-fitch culture than vise versa.

Offlineshallow
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #3924230 - 03/16/05 03:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Funny, I just said that concerning 'trip' and the "green" although I do disagree with your conclusions. Point your "superior" intelligence somewhere else.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: FirstAvailable]
    #3924249 - 03/16/05 04:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I personally know alot of "fubu thugs" that go to doofs (outdoor psychedelic events, similar to raves). They dance, partake in hallucinogens and generally have a good time. Who are you to criticise their abilities or mindset based on their clothing?

I thought that kind of judgement was strictly limited to highschoolers. Or wait, maybe you still are...

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

OfflineFirstAvailable
enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: shallow]
    #3924253 - 03/16/05 04:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

There wasn't anything "superior" in that post, just my opinion. What part do you disagree with?

Quote:

Me and my buddy concluded at the time that his bad experience was from the kind of shitty, screw over you best friend to survive life he had to live.

I think that agrees with what I was trying to say. It all depends on what type of culture you were raised in.

BTW, I hope you don't think that was directed at you, just to the thread as a whole. I didn't mean to have it reply to you, that was just the default setting in the quick reply box.

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: black people on white drugs (?) [Re: LilShank]
    #3924553 - 03/16/05 09:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

people are people are people

This is a weird thread. Everybody knows 'mindset' is paramount in a psychedelic experience, and mindset is obviously toned by upbringing, culture etc. What has skin colour got to do with any of it? So yes, churchgoers are more likely to have a spiritual experience, somebody living a life with a lot of negative influence is more likely to just get fucked up and not enjoy it, but in the end, every persons experience is special to that individual. It may be that psychedelics are less available in urban, primarily black communities, but this doesn't reflect anything on people of a black skin colour. So the whole question is null and void, surely (?)

Everybody knows lots of people of all skin colours that refuse to take part in psychedelics because it isn't to their individual tastes. Confusing colour with culture is one of the biggest fuck-ups we can make. Gah

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience