Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
black out on shrooms?
    #1365116 - 03/11/03 08:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

a couple of friends and I were tripping last nite at a friends house and as the night progressed we got more and more fucked up....about half way into the night my friend walks in the bathroom, and it sounds like him puking, then a huge smash. we go in there to check him out and hes laying on the floor staring on the cieling, asking us what happened. anyone know what this happened? shrooms stop impulses to your brain or something while puking?

Dosage: Each took 2 chocolates (so could have been anywhere from 2 - 5 grams...but id have to think closer to 4.

Another note, these were the wierdest chocolates ever. i started eating mine and i got this nasty, sour medicine taste. I said wtf is this, Apparntley the people that made them but 2 vitamin C pills in each chocolate, thought it was the most gross thing on earth, if they werent my friends selling it to me i would have thought they were fake and wanted my money back right away.

--------------------
Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestatiktech
Re: black out on shrooms? [Re: phishytrip]
    #1365609 - 03/11/03 10:56 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i asked this a week ago cuz the same thing happened to me, blacking out on shrooms is apparently a pretty common thing. If you smoked weed along with the shrooms some people have and alergic reaction that may causing vomiting and blackouts. Otherwise it was proabably just a reaction to the trip, dehydration, or over heating. i actually blacked out on 2 chocolates also. Tell your boy that things are ok but to be more careful in the future.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: black out on shrooms? [Re: phishytrip]
    #1367074 - 03/11/03 07:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Nah, shrooms don't stop impulses to your brain. More than likely he was high and just fell over.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: black out on shrooms? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1367438 - 03/11/03 11:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have heard about people going temporaly blind on shrooms but not realy passing out although it could be something related to stimuli overload.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: black out on shrooms? [Re: EvilGir]
    #1367952 - 03/12/03 05:37 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I've heard about people having sex till they go blind too - I wouldn't put too much weight behind those stories. People will say anything to make their trip sound interesting.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#1367966 - 03/12/03 05:43 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I personally when I eat like a 1/4 It feels like an ellectric shock to my frontal lobe and the I black out for like 10 seconds. And I dont do other drugs with shrooms so it does happen.

Anonymous

#1368103 - 03/12/03 06:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, we're all making it up, Alex...

It happens. Just because you can't explain it doesn't mean it does not happen.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: black out on shrooms? [Re: Organic]
    #1368312 - 03/12/03 08:15 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, if you want to believe it you believe it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinethelox
    #1368495 - 03/12/03 09:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This has happened to me as well. It was about 5 hours after dosing so I was on the come down.
I went out and smoked some bud with friends. We were just chillin at a park. All of a sudden
my vision wstarted getted gradually fuzzier and fuzzier. My friends had bright flourescent while outlines around them, then I went completely blind for about 30 seconds, but seemed more like an eternity I just stood there scared as shit, didn't say anything, just hearing my friends voices. Finally my vision started coming back. My friends said I had turned completey green. I felt like I was going to pass out and rushed home to bed.
I had a cold the day I tripped, maybe that had something to do with it.
Believe me it does happen

Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
Re: black out on shrooms? [Re: thelox]
    #1368653 - 03/12/03 10:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

allright, yea, same sort of thing happened to me in school once on shrooms, i think i posted it in the trip reports called school tripping, level 4, my vision went orange and i couldnbt see for a little but then it came back...but still no one knows what exactly caused this?

--------------------
Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1368727 - 03/12/03 10:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Believe me it does happen

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying it isn't the mushrooms causing it. When some people get high they believe all kinds of things and convince themselves anything is happening.

Psilocybin doesn't cause blackouts or make you go blind. It simply doesn't have that effect on the human body.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinethelox
    #1368780 - 03/12/03 11:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not trying to cause an argument, but it didn't take much convincing for me to know I couldn't see.
How can you not think it has something to do with the mushrooms if there has been so many reports of it happening.
Maybe mushrooms don't cause temporary blindness, but it seems obvious to me and others that mushrooms and some unconfirmed combo seem to cause it.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1368836 - 03/12/03 11:23 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Blackouts, seizures and temporary blindness are all symptoms of psychosomatic illness - effects often triggered by stress. Could mushrooms cause stress in some people bringing on psychosomatic symptoms? Definately. But it's not the psilocybin causing the temporary blindness, it's psychosomatic.

Here's a bit of info:

Psychosomatic illnesses are characterized by symptoms for which no physical cause can be found. People with these disorders are not faking symptoms. They truly believe that they are caused by serious illness.

In conversion disorder, which used to be called hysteria, emotional conflict and extreme stress are unconsciously converted into physical symptoms. Symptoms usually appear as the loss of a physical function. They may include paralysis, seizures, false pregnancy, blindness or the inability to walk or speak. Episodes are usually of sudden onset, brief and may recur. Characteristically, people with conversion disorder do not seem to be appropriately alarmed by their severe symptoms. Conversion disorders usually occur in adolescence or early adulthood. Symptoms may help the person avoid dealing with an internal conflict, avoid a disliked activity or get support from others that he or she might not otherwise receive. They usually disappear when the situation that caused it improves.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience