Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
blacking out
    #947740 - 10/10/02 12:22 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Hey...im new to the shroomery...my 1st post.... have a question.

I was just wondering if any of you all have ever "blacked out" on shrooms. A few years ago...I dosed on about 6.5-7g of dried cubensis(was young and stupid, had NO appriciation or respect for the drug at the time). BTW, this was also only my third time shrooming. Trip started out OK...very interesting visuals...but the setting wasn't so great(in my dorm room at college, w/ people constantly wondering in and out...no one else tripping). I don't remember the trip actually going "bad"...but about 2 hrs into it, I remember crawling under my blanket on the bed to look at all the pretty colors the light was making as it shined through it. The next memory I have is about 4 hrs later...coming down. I remember nothing in this 4 hr time span, but my roomate informed me that I had been under the blanket the whole time making animal noises, and laughing. Also, I scared off the girl he was trying to hook up with....(oops).

This was about 6 yrs ago...have only shroomed twice since then, but very light doses(1-2g or so). Also have done acid about half a dozen times since then, as well.The reason Im asking if anyone else has blacked out is that a friend of mine wants me to shroom w/ him. He reached level 5, and the experience changed his life. I am hoping to have a similar experience....but am afraid that the large dose will cause me to "black out" again., and I won't gain anything from it, other than another 4 hrs I can't remember. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks all....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
The LonelyWanderer
Loc: Berkeley, CA, US
Re: blacking out [Re: maxdman1178]
    #1013267 - 11/01/02 02:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hi. I just stumbled upon your post when looking up information on blacking out. Last night (Halloween) I was shrooming with 6 of my friends. We reached a park, and in another section of it, beyond some trees and a slight incline, a bunch of drunk or stoned people about my age were making a ton of noise. Somehow, this made me agitated, I sat on a bench, put my head in my hands, and then I forget the next minute or so. I came to on the ground with my eyes closed and dirt in my mouth. My friends say I was out for about a second, but who knows. I'd scraped my face pretty badly, and for the next few minutes I could barely see, as my vision was clouded by some weird patterns in front of my eyes. Strangely enough, I've had the exact same experience on weed and, of all things, novacaine at the dentist's office (except on the latter drugs I didn't go unconscious, I just came VERY close). So all I can say is, blacking out can happen on almost any dosage (I'd taken about 1/8, or 2.5 grams). If anyone can explain why this happens to me, it'd be much, MUCH appreciated. -Zak

the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: blacking out [Re: ZakTheRipper18]
    #1013304 - 11/01/02 03:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ive had this on buds before as well, back in the day when it was 24/7.. maybe it was trying to tell me something, anyhow it worked i suppose
everything would go bright white and your body would suddenly become made of lead and you had to fall down and blackout for a lil while, not very nice.. it only happened twice but made me curious as to why
once i was desperate, we found one tiny old mushroom and had spots with it, then i had a large session with some grade A buds, and blacked out again, this time i was looking in the mirror, and i was in a cheap c grade movie, the drug addict, yuk.... yes i changed
i dont even like buds anymore, they make me feel dumb, most of the old crew have moved on, but theres a couple that are still going hard out after 5 years now, they deny anythings wrong with them, but im sick of the mood swings and 'obsession' with a stupid plant that doesnt open doors to higher perception, as much as it closes doors inside reality withdrawing into yourself, and for humans no this is not a good thing, we are social animals
that is all i have to say

The LonelyWanderer
Loc: Berkeley, CA, US
Re: blacking out [Re: deepr]
    #1013381 - 11/01/02 03:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, weed is definitely a drug that puts you in a stupor. It's not enlightening, it's like drinking, only different...I prefer it over alcohol because it doesn't have its ill-effects (most of the time), but I've only been smoking for a year, and already it's getting kinda old. Man, I'm depressed. And I get to go to my third day at my job with a gashed face and a bloody, swollen lip.

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: blacking out [Re: maxdman1178]
    #1013868 - 11/01/02 06:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Interesting topic :smile:

One trip about a year ago I was tripping by myself (yes, bad move...) laying in my bed when I noticed I REALLY had to piss (I always put it off as long as possible) - so I got up quickly (yes, bad move...) and went into the restroom. I remember feeling an "oh shit" type of feeling as I headed in there, and knew I'd gotten up too fast (i was REALLY tripping out on the bed there..). Well I stood there for a moment trying to stay balanced and connected, when I got rushed by a swarm of hallucinations - these really bright things were all around me and just like deepr had said I felt incredibly heavy and detached... suddenly BAM I fell over right there in my bathroom (yes, bad move...). It felt like I was falling for a long time. This experience really tripped me up because I was kind of just watching myself fall down, hitting my head against two walls and then the ground, and didn't do anything at ALL to break the fall. As I was laying there on the ground I snapped out of it a bit was still getting "attacked" by these wildly vivid hallucinations of this enormous crowd of tiny spirit-type things swarming around me, sendin an idea to me similar to "look what you've done, look what just happened to you, you poor ignorant animal." I stayed there on the ground thinking about why I was tripping by myself, why I'd gotten up so fast, why I'd even fallen over and noticed but not done anything about it...... Overall it was pretty scary, and I realize maybe I shouldn't even do shrooms if things like this are going to happen, but it had never happened before and hasn't happened since (I'd already had several level 5 trips before this trip, and this was probably only a 3-4), and I've learned so much about myself from these mushroom experiences that I have continued to take them in moderation and with careful attention to my state of being and motor-skills while under the influence.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
be careful, guys :smile: and keep an eye on your friends while tripping :-D

Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Man of Poop
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: blacking out [Re: Strumpling]
    #1013987 - 11/01/02 07:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Going back what deepr and ZakTheRipper18 said about weed closing the doors to one's mind. My friend's mom's trainer smokes bud every morning out of an wooden african pipe after he wakes up and then meditates for an hour before he goes to work. He is in perfect physical condition and is a great guy.

One day he had a stroke randomly and he was hospitalized for a month. During that time half his body was paralyzed. Today, about 5 months later, he is in perfect physical and mental condition and continues to smoke bud every day. I blazed with him one night when I was shrooming and he told me this amazing story along with many other insightful stories.

He uses marijuana to open up his mind and free his spiritual self. If you think marijuana is a drug that leads someone to withdraw into themselves, then you are wrong. It all depends on the person and their personality and how and why they are smoking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience