Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno
    #3831031 - 02/25/05 01:28 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: Feeding Shrooms to Animals? [Re: ]
    #3831093 - 02/25/05 01:44 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It's a very irresponsible thing to do. Keep in mind that animals have no idea that they are going to be ingesting a psychoactive substance, cannot understand what is happening to them, nor do they have much of a choice in the matter. They trust you and that is why they eat the food you give to them. Don't be an irresponsible pet owner and drug your pets.

Look at it this way... you are a cat or dog and you still run based on primal instincts. All of a sudden you start to hallucinate unexplainable things and you feel odd. What would you think? If I were that cat or dog, I'd be pretty frightened.

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Re: Feeding Shrooms to Animals? [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3831134 - 02/25/05 01:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You make it sound like he wants to laugh and watch the cat as it wigs out and dies.
Think about this
"One of the fervent propenents of the drug told how he had given LSD to his wife. An opponent of LSD siezed this as prooft of the man's utter indiference to his mate. The reply was instantaneous and spoken with a sincerity that could not be questioned: "I gave it to her because i love her!"

I think, at a low dose, and kept in a calm, loving enviroment, it may be a pleasurable experience for an animal.

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

OfflineTheProdigy

Re: Feeding Shrooms to Animals? [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #3831178 - 02/25/05 02:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not trying to make it seem like he's trying to kill the cat. But look at it this way... it is very easy to give a large dose to a small animal. Most people will overlook this fact. Let's say a cat weighs 10 lbs. I weigh about 155 lbs and I am comfortable at tripping on 3.5 grams give or take a couple g's. If I were that 10 lb cat and I ate 3.5 grams, I would be recieving 15.5x my dose, which would be similar to me eating 54.25 grams dry (assuming I ate 3.5). As I said, it's easy to overlook things like this. Hell, 1g dry to a 10 lb cat would be like me eating 15.5 grams.

Aside from me just being against people drugging their animals, he definitely came to the right place to ask a question like this, and was very intelligent to ask before doing it, but I just wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't sound like it would be so fun to animals.

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineZombieLuvin
Observant

Loc: Greater Chicago Land
    #3831193 - 02/25/05 02:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not to sure about shrooms or anything like that but i know this, my friend's cat Cosmo fuckin' loves weed. When we first started tokin him up we would bring Cosmo in the room with us and blow hits in his face, he didnt like it at first and would just look at things differently and be super curious , more so then normal, and then sleep for awhile, and now about a year and a half after we started getting him high he follows us now and will paw at your pants pocket if you have a baggie in there, sometimes we will forget him and go into our tokin room and Cosmo will smell it and come cry at the door til we let him in, and if you have the bowl he will come up and sit in your lap, and he will do rounds that way like if 4 people are sittin on the bed in a circle he will walk with the pipe, one time we were usin this bottle steam roller we made and we would fill the chamber and put it on his nose and let him get some really good rips, he got so high once that for 2 hours all he did was lay on the bed and pur the loudest ive ever heard a cat pur...and then we were smoking a jiont and he fell off the bed onto a stack of CDs and knocked em over, he just layed there purring and meowing , we couldnt stop laughing for over an hour...lol sorry about the long story, its just funny and im easily amused by remembering things right now  :smoker:

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear, and the oldest and strongest fear, is fear of the unknown... -H.P. Lovecraft

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3831194 - 02/25/05 02:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineTheProdigy

#3831207 - 02/25/05 02:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'll admit it is very interesting, but I'm just against it personally. It just doesn't seem fair to me.

--------------------

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Re: Feeding Shrooms to Animals? [Re: ZombieLuvin]
    #3831218 - 02/25/05 02:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hell yea!
Thats why I have an open mind to this.
I've never given shrooms to my cats before, but they have accidentally been exposed to weed before, and I have to say, i'll be damned if he doesnt have a taste for it.
For example, we had these 2 piles of weed sitting on the table, we were going to roll it up into a huge ass blunt, but something brought us outside. We were pretty baked at the time so we didnt think of putting it up at the moment. when we came back, he had eaten one pile and was starting in on the other.
Thats why I think it might be good for animals. for psychadelics, I would imagine the enviroment is cruicial, for their mental health and personality later on.

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

OfflineZombieLuvin
Observant

Loc: Greater Chicago Land
    #3831239 - 02/25/05 02:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There is a book on animals who take naturally occuring psychoactives on purpose, i think you can find it on Erowid, talks about caffeine addicted goats and Reindeer who eat Amanitas, might be something worth checking out.

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear, and the oldest and strongest fear, is fear of the unknown... -H.P. Lovecraft

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3831305 - 02/25/05 02:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3832153 - 02/25/05 10:37 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You should read my previously posted posts, One posted on numerous ocassions over and over every time ti his p topic comes up. It was about a few aquaintences I knew over the yuears. One was a friend of mine who fed the Portland Soo lions LSD. See his friend was stoned and on acid and felll into the pit after feeding the lions LSD tainted meat and later whent he lions were stoned, the dude fell into the pit and the lions ate him.; My friend, whowas also stoned, went home adn got his shotgun, came back tot eh zoo and killed all of the zoo's lions. I am sure this story is probably on the internet somewhere else besides here.

He weas sentenced to Damische in Oregon, the nut house where one flew over the cookoo's nest was filmed at.

Another person I knew for three years here in Seattle fed his Black Israeli Afghan Hound a few hits of acid. the dog began to bark at the table legs as if they were a page out of Little Nemo in Slumberland. and would not quit barking. This person, who was also very stoned on amber window pane acid, then beat the dog and threw him from a third story window on Capital Hill. He was sentenced eventually convicted of cruelty to animals and sentenced to a two year prison term for cruelty to animals.

Giving any animal a drug is not cool. How would you like someone to feed your little sister a dose of acid or x without her permission or knowledge of said drug.
This is cruel.

And just because theere is a book about animals who eat drugs naturally does not give you an okay to give it to your pets.

mj

OfflineTheProdigy

Re: Feeding Shrooms to Animals? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3832250 - 02/25/05 11:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well said

--------------------

Offlinetomas
half scientist,half monkey

#3832594 - 02/25/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Animals other than humans fear psychedelics very much. If you want to get your cat high, try nepeta cataria... the cat will love it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience