Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJayDogg420
SmokeyTheBear
Loc: Land Of ThE InSaNe
Tripping during Effexor withdraw?
    #899675 - 09/22/02 05:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Has anyone tried this? Im on effexor and anyone who knows what the withdraws are can imagine how fucked up they are. Anyways shroomin during withdraw good or bad? any experinces?

--------------------
Attention DEA While u are busting that kid for Weed another rapist,killer,molester has gotten away. Nice DOnt u feel great?
"Love and Peace" -Jay

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
Re: Tripping during Effexor withdraw? [Re: JayDogg420]
    #899710 - 09/22/02 06:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

what is effexor ?

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

OfflineJayDogg420
SmokeyTheBear
Re: Tripping during Effexor withdraw? [Re: Penguin]
    #900078 - 09/22/02 09:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Its a antidepresent.

--------------------
Attention DEA While u are busting that kid for Weed another rapist,killer,molester has gotten away. Nice DOnt u feel great?
"Love and Peace" -Jay

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #900350 - 09/22/02 11:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

If you are an antidepressant mushrooms prolly a bad idea. If you are doubting your mind set at all tripping is not a bright idea.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #900598 - 09/23/02 01:07 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Are you withdrawing as in you're not going to take it anymore,or you just missed a daily dose or two by accident? How long was the last time you took it? I have good experience with psychedelics and antidepressants but I need more info to give you a good response.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineJayDogg420
SmokeyTheBear
Re: Tripping during Effexor withdraw? [Re: monoamine]
    #901749 - 09/23/02 02:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Im on a 150 mg dose i havnt taking it for 2 days, im really trying to get off it and i dont have the money to taper off it. So ima see how long i can go without the meds depending on how bad the withdraw is. I tripped 2 days ago and today i dont feel the full withdraw effects so im assuming the shrooms had something to do with it. I like to smoke herb to help too. Thats why im wondering if i do get MAD withdraws would shrooms help the symtoms mabye make me feel better. My mind state is good im very confident in my experiences with shrooms(ive dun alot over the years). If it makes things worse then i wont bother. any experinces?

Love and Peace -Jay

--------------------
"Love and Peace" -Jay

OfflineJayDogg420
SmokeyTheBear
Re: Tripping during Effexor withdraw? [Re: JayDogg420] * 1
    #904368 - 09/24/02 01:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Still hoping on a rply to this 1. ITs been rough its the 3rd day and no effexor! Cant see straight and my hearing is funny. I still think i can make it!!!

--------------------
"Love and Peace" -Jay

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #906660 - 09/25/02 07:09 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I recommend not taking any drugs besides weed during the withdrawal.The reason Effexor withdrawal is so bad is because it has one of the shortest half lives for an antidepressant,meaning that it would leave your body relatively quickly.I've gone through Paxil withdrawal (almost as short a half life as Effexor) and it was pretty uncomfortable for about a week.I felt these "electric shock" things in my body several times a day and I was very anxious.This is what very low Serotonin levels are like.Effexor,however,has a somewhat weak amphetamine like effect on Norepinephrine(spell) in addidition to its Serotonin effect,so the withdrawal is probably somewhat worse.The reason withdrawals happen is because your brain cells for these chemicals desensitize when they are being bombarded by extra neurotransmitters from the meds.When you withdraw your receptors are still unsensitive for awhile and the chemicals are their in lesser amounts,making you feel like shit.Be careful if you trip within the next few months,your Serotonin receptors will resenitize to help balance out your brain and you might have an unusually strong reaction to 'shrooms and acid.I took some acid when I was off Paxil for two weeks and I had a really strong trip off a relatively low dose.

...hope that helps.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience