Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrazyShroomMan
journeyman
Blacking out while shrooming?
    #3567861 - 01/01/05 09:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well last night i went to sound tribe sector nine and ate a chocolate i found while down there. When they started playing and everyone around me started dancing i got really hot all of a sudden and blacked out. after that i jsut went and sat by the wall the whole time. Has this ever happened to anyone and what could be the cause?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Blacking out while shrooming? [Re: CrazyShroomMan]
    #3567874 - 01/01/05 09:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It will probably be impossible for somebody here to give you a correct answer but you could have blacked out for a number of reasons. Dehydration can make you very light headed, you can pass out if you?re dehydrated and doing strenuous activity. Also maybe you were tripping so hard you thought you blacked out but you actually tripping so hard you couldn?t make out reality. Did you do another drugs that night?

OfflineCrazyShroomMan
journeyman
Re: Blacking out while shrooming? [Re: Blu Spore]
    #3567875 - 01/01/05 09:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

smoked weed... and lots of it :P

Edited by CrazyShroomMan (01/01/05 09:31 AM)

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #3567885 - 01/01/05 09:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

heh, well weed should not make you pass out unless you were taking massive bong tokes or something. Are you sure you actually blacked out? could it been that you were just tripping super hard? I had this one shroom trip where I thought I had blacked out but really I was just tripping so hard I forgot about external reality and was just swept away in the moment. Other than that I have no idea?high blood pressure maybe

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #3567947 - 01/01/05 10:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

all the stories I've heard of people blacking out from shrooms involves smoking lots of weed...could have somethinhg to do with it.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

InvisibledeadHead321
Stranger

Re: Blacking out while shrooming? [Re: Harbinger]
    #3568049 - 01/01/05 11:50 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My friend "blacked out" after eating mushroom choclates while at a concert. In his case, and maybe yours it could have been the anxiety mixed with the temperature plus being surrounded by all those people. It could make a sober person pass out.

--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3568053 - 01/01/05 11:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yes, it happens.

no I don't know why.

yes, I will try to dig up references.

edit: Trip  Reports
I remember hearing afoaf state that Shulgin mentioned 'mini-seizures' and blacking out in some cases of use of psilcybin mushrooms.  This reference is purely anecdotal and I can't back it up with references at this time :frown:

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Blacking out while shrooming? [Re: blink]
    #3568100 - 01/01/05 12:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

id say dehydration, ive pased out at concerts completely sober from it, also puked on my shoes a few times.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: Blacking out while shrooming? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3568184 - 01/01/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

usually when I take more than an eigth at a time ill have black out periods during the day and the next day like hour an a half periods of time will just be erased from my memory.. perfectlly normal bro.

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Blacking out while shrooming? [Re: infamous]
    #3568305 - 01/01/05 02:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The first time I took an eighth, (my first time ever too), I was in a bad set and setting, not to mention being on an SSRI and having had a small nibble at some hash. I blacked out numerous times that evening as well as not having the slightest idea what day it was or anything of the sort.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Blacking out while shrooming? [Re: dblaney]
    #3568321 - 01/01/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You probably didnt black out, as jimmytheworm said, you were probably swept away in the moment. Its happened to me, ill have completly forgot about external reality because I was tripping so hard, and while in this state, ill be like wow, im tripping my balls off, and ill "open my eyes" and im back to reality.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Blacking out while shrooming? [Re: balls]
    #3568348 - 01/01/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Once me and a few buddies all ate about 4 grams of cubes a piece. Well we were all sitting around laughing and what not, and I rolled a huge fat 8th doobie out of some shwag we got for dirt cheap. Well I had some special K lying around too so I decided to see what that was like in a joint so I laced it the whole way down before I rolled it ( I told everyone before hand so they knew what was up ) and as my friend took a huge toke in the middle of laughing he just hit the floor and started twitching. He layed there for about two minutes with a decent pulse and everything still breathing, and just snapped out of it with no recollection of what was going on.

Later down the road he finally remembered what happened. He said after he toked the joint he looked up at the fan and all the sudden it turned into a helicopter and they threw a ladder down to him and he left his body and climbed it, thats as far as it goes, but I'm sure he will remember more some day.

OfflineFuckedUp
Stranger
    #3568515 - 01/01/05 04:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

that sux

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds