Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: MOTH]
    #3746810 - 02/07/05 05:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

We allready discussed this in Adoms thread about his friend who was killed in Iran .. :frown:

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3746827 - 02/07/05 05:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

KristiMidocean said:
Mik you dont look like a hippi! not at all
hey ellemy i didnt know that what i said eariler that you took it like a bad thing i didnt mean it like that! Im sorry!!!
Ill have to tell you later what i meant!  please forgive me!  I LOVE YOU GIRL YOU KNOW THAT!

haha, I didn't take it as a bad thing!  But it did get me thinking.  Which should always be the goal.  :grin:

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #3746904 - 02/07/05 05:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh okay now i feel better! go on work your brain

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

OfflineAwesomepossum
Blue Thumb
Loc: Los Estados Unidos
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3747322 - 02/07/05 07:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I just got my ass kicked by a hippie. He threw me on the ground, pinned my shoulders down with his knees and beat the crap out of me. Be careful.

--------------------
Here's part of a poem!!

I looked into my palm and saw what we had feared the most
The mouse had gnawed into the frond while they had sought the GHOST
The blender's better blunder blurred the butter's bluish hue
My sugar cube exploded, tiny shrapnel blinded YOU!

Don't panic! There's more. Just ask!

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3761858 - 02/10/05 12:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No. IMHO.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3761871 - 02/10/05 12:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What does IMHO mean?

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: mikl]
    #3761880 - 02/10/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

in my humble opinion

--------------------

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: nonoman]
    #3761891 - 02/10/05 12:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanx. "Do you know tha lingo? Oh! Oh no!" Modest Mouse :thumbup:

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

Invisibleadrug

#3761898 - 02/10/05 01:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Although I post most often in the Pub, I do not consider myself a hippie.  This is because I have a violent streak that I indulge from time to time.  I like to get in touch with my lower nature as often as I get in touch with my higher one.  I'm not necessarily a violent person...I don't start fights without provocation or anything.  But the fierce side of me feels that you can't win everything by being peaceful.  If you are totally against violence, wouldn't you get stomped on all the time? 

Now, I hate violence.  I believe every possible non-violent course of action should be taken first before any violent action.  But there is a point where you might need to be violent to save yourself, or a family member.  In that case, I will have no mercy, and yes, I will admit I do feel that orgasmic pleasure whenever fighting physically for something I believe in.

And what about rising up against an oppressive power?  I see a lot of hippies talking about non-violent resistance.  I agree with this to an extent.  But what about our founding fathers who rose up against the British?  Is there ever a war worth fighting for?  I mean, isn't there  a point where you have to say, "fuck this" and start getting physical?  Where is that point?  And would a hippie reconcile violence in that case? 

I believe the best policy in terms of violence and peace is BALANCE.  If there's anything I learned by tripping, it's to stop my behavior from going to extremes.  In any direction. 

So that's why I'm not really a hippie.  Because my lower-self knows that if a revolution occured, I would be tempted to arm myself for it and go fight.

Non-hippies unite! I'm with you all the way on this. :thumbup: :laugh:

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
    #3761899 - 02/10/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Take away the patchoulli and pot, then put one in a shower and see if it gets violent.

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
    #3761900 - 02/10/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wasn't Bob Weir accused of being violent on occasion? If he's not a hippie, who is?

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: adrug]
    #3761907 - 02/10/05 01:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Although I post most often in the Pub, I do not consider myself a hippie.  This is because I have a violent streak that I indulge from time to time.  I like to get in touch with my lower nature as often as I get in touch with my higher one.  I'm not necessarily a violent person...I don't start fights without provocation or anything.  But the fierce side of me feels that you can't win everything by being peaceful.  If you are totally against violence, wouldn't you get stomped on all the time? 

Now, I hate violence.  I believe every possible non-violent course of action should be taken first before any violent action.  But there is a point where you might need to be violent to save yourself, or a family member.  In that case, I will have no mercy, and yes, I will admit I do feel that orgasmic pleasure whenever fighting physically for something I believe in.

And what about rising up against an oppressive power?  I see a lot of hippies talking about non-violent resistance.  I agree with this to an extent.  But what about our founding fathers who rose up against the British?  Is there ever a war worth fighting for?  I mean, isn't there  a point where you have to say, "fuck this" and start getting physical?  Where is that point?  And would a hippie reconcile violence in that case? 

I believe the best policy in terms of violence and peace is BALANCE.  If there's anything I learned by tripping, it's to stop my behavior from going to extremes.  In any direction. 

So that's why I'm not really a hippie.  Because my lower-self knows that if a revolution occured, I would be tempted to arm myself for it and go fight.

No, no, it's LongHairs unite!  We *will* conquer by *any* means necessary *mwuhahahaha*

--------------------
delta9

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: delta9]
    #3761928 - 02/10/05 01:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

go buy "i drink your blood"

rabid acidhead hippie's :evil:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinezoso507
Burned Down
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3761963 - 02/10/05 01:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:cool:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: delta9]
    #3762033 - 02/10/05 01:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
Quote:

adrug said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

No, no, it's LongHairs unite!  We *will* conquer by *any* means necessary *mwuhahahaha*

:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #3762056 - 02/10/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

sure. there is  a common misconception that all hippies are the same with round ozzy sunglasses,tye dye's and a big peace sign. more so than with other groups. a hippie is just  label, just a look and the same general beliefs. but every individual has there own beliefs i am not aware of a official hippie handbook.just because the majority of them go on preaching about non violence.doesn't mean all hippies are like that.i consider myself a hippie and i own guns just in case the situation you describe where to happen :wink:. and i also know that there are "hippie" militia groups out west.

InvisibleSTONER_BEAR
Stranger

Re: Can hippies be violent? [Re: buckwheat]
    #3762095 - 02/10/05 01:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i once saw some tie died hippies freak out on acid and beat the shit out of a guy who had done nothing wrong. they though he was talkin about them behind their backs.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order