Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster)
    #4241974 -

It seems like there is often the "trendy" opinion of the moment in order to look hip & on top of things.

Take for instance, the War in Iraq. Once Sadam's statue was toppled, people on the Internet went crazy talking about how successful the war was. Once no WMDs were found, it became the hip thing to bash the war. Once Fred Durst made a comment on it during a music awards show, it swung the pendulm into the anti-anti-war position. Right now, by mentioning this, I am creating the anti-anti-anti-war position which will be hip until someone realizes they can out-hip me by creating the anti-anti-anti-anti-war ideology.

Here's a more recent example which took place in our very own pub ; the McDonald's thread. For awhile now, people have been anti-McDonald's after seeing "Super Size Me", creating a hip stance on fast food. Now it's starting to change, in which those hip enough to be on the "inside" realize they can be anti-Super Size Me to be in the hip position.

You get the point. I think it's funny how these things work. It seems like people take a position just in reaction to how other people feel about things.


Join me in the quest to be more hipster than anyone else and be anti-hipster! It will last until someone realizes anti-hipster is the new hipster. Christ I'm confused.


--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Twirling]
    #4241984 -

I'm already anti-hipster!

I out hipped you.


--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Twirling]
    #4241985 -

The key is to stick with the original.. so that once the anti-anti-anti-anti-original begins, the original will become to seem hip again. You'll be years ahead of your own time :cool:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Twirling]
    #4241994 -

Well we hyoo-mons are social critters, so a lot of us are going to go with the crowd. I try to eschew "trends" as much as possible, but I've always been "strange". :grin: And for the record, I don't like McDonalds because that crap is just plain bad for you. I'm in my mid-30's now, and I gotta watch stuff like that. (lots of heart disease on my dad's side of the family...)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Twirling]
    #4241996 -

I don't know what I believe in, but I'll be happy to buy the T-shirt if you can point me in the right direction.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4242004 -

I have a t-shirt here that says "To The Hippest Summit"

20$ not including shipping!


--------------------
z(0)=pixel;z(n+1)=z(n)^2+c

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: mathflower]
    #4242007 -

Do you take Pay-Pal?

Is it still hip to use Pay-Pal?


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Twirling]
    #4242008 -

Quote:
Once no WMDs were found, it became the hip thing to bash the war.



Hip thing? Are you saying that the people who are against the war are just saying they're against the war to be cool?

That's like saying "Once 9/11 happened, it became the cool thing to hate Osama".





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Twirling]
    #4242012 -

this is why you should hate everything.

then you're always on top.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: afoaf]
    #4242026 -

Or at least hold them in contempt - particularly if everyone's doing something to be "different"....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4242049 -

I hate haters


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4242051 -

I'm so hip that I am already anti your anti hipster movement. But I am so cool that I just don't care if you know. But just make sure you know how advanced I am.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4242056 -

Learyfan said:
Quote:
Once no WMDs were found, it became the hip thing to bash the war.



Hip thing? Are you saying that the people who are against the war are just saying they're against the war to be cool?

That's like saying "Once 9/11 happened, it became the cool thing to hate Osama".



Oh definetly not. I was against the war before it happened, and am still against it. I think it's more of the "hipster" interpertation to think people are for or against a war because it's trendy. I was doing a bit of a parody.


And for the record, I generally dislike eating McDonald's, especially the price I pay after it - however I occassionally find that it's hard to resist a burger which costs a dollar and is available close to my house.


I see many of you have already out-hipstered me. I am up against stiff competition.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Shroomism]
    #4242057 -

What happened to the love?? :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Twirling]
    #4242060 -

Who cares? People will always follow trends, but you should follow what knowledge points to, regardless of whether you disagree with Jesus or all the world. Humans are subjective, and what's hip to them is usually looked back at as stupid once they sober up from their sociality.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Ravus]
    #4242065 -

Everything we do is stupid

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Twirling]
    #4242078 -

Oh, ok I didn't see the parody there. I get it now.

I get jokes.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4242089 -

ToiletDuk said:
What happened to the love?? :sad:



I love lovers :loveeyes: :heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hipster Trends Across the Internet (no, not hippy, hipster) [Re: Ravus]
    #4242091 -

Ravus said:
Who cares? People will always follow trends, but you should follow what knowledge points to, regardless of whether you disagree with Jesus or all the world. Humans are subjective, and what's hip to them is usually looked back at as stupid once they sober up from their sociality.



Exactly. Why try to follow something for the sake of it being the "in" thing? Why consider the way other people to think to be the result of a movie or person? Many of these things have more to do with looking cool than it does with actually seeing things a certain way based on rational thinking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What exactly is a hippie?
( 1 2 all )
StrandedVoyager 13,124 36 07/13/09 01:55 PM
by Fisherman
* what would qualify me as a hippy?
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 3,339 34 03/18/05 06:42 AM
by Krishna
* Your reasons for hippie hatred
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
HyphalTryptamin 9,519 111 04/26/06 09:04 AM
by BatCountry
* Anyone notice McDonalds marketing towards minorities a lot
( 1 2 3 all )
Pathos 5,195 46 02/14/05 10:39 PM
by Phluck
* Fucking hippies.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 5,639 62 10/16/06 05:14 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Hey Hippies!!
( 1 2 3 all )
Yarry 5,718 44 04/06/06 08:11 PM
by kong
* McDonalds
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 6,430 60 05/31/05 08:43 PM
by Skunk420
* Hippies
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,671 30 06/18/04 10:22 PM
by beatlebangboy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,874 topic views. 5 members, 11 guests and 219 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.