Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping?
    #4263910 - 06/06/05 04:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I do and it seems to be uncommon. It's not that I prefer to watch anything violent because I don't. I can watch and enjoy watching just about anything but things with a lot of violence do not affect my trip in any negative ways.

I don't know. I think it might be because I can still tell the difference between reality and what isn't reality, so it does not send me on a bad trip and I can enjoy it just as much as I ordinarily would.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: killme]
    #4263945 - 06/06/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i have a friend that really enjoys embracing the 'dark side' while tripping. at first it really freaked me out, but now i've just come to understand it as a manifestation of the person he is, and it doesn't bother me anymore. of course, when he goes off on some crazy rant, i'll tend to go wander outside for a while, but for the most part i can deal with it.

he is also a fan of watching cannibal holocaust/battle royale type films while tripping. myself, tv can never keep my interest once i've dosed, and i've never tried to watch a violent movie afterwards, but i don't think i'll ever give it a try. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: killme]
    #4263948 - 06/06/05 04:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That's pretty amazing violence doesn't get to you during a trip.

I saw a dead body tripping. THat was bad.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: Krishna]
    #4263962 - 06/06/05 04:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Sometimes, depending on dose.

When I watch a movie when tripping, I become the movie.
I've seen Fight Club tripping, that was pleasent... Violence doesn't bother me; emotions do. I would probably start crying if I watched shindler's list but could totally handle watching faces of death. If I am connected with the character, it's like a part of myself dying. If it's just a person getting hit by a train, it's less tangible...

Does any of that make sense?

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #4263970 - 06/06/05 04:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

No, I hate it. Its a waste of an insightful trip. Its not that cool, I'd rather look at the sky.

--------------------

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4263972 - 06/06/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

the one time i saw somethin violent while trippin made me wanna kill someone (probly because i had a knife as a trip toy). so ima not watch stuff like that while tripping anymore for my own good and the shrooms sake of course

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Male

Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4263973 - 06/06/05 04:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That's how I feel.

The only movie I ever watched tripping was LotR: Fellowship of the Ring...and actually, that's violent. But it was 3 and a half of the greatest hours of my life.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: blink]
    #4263976 - 06/06/05 04:17 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense to me. It may be the same for me, but I've not tried watching anything really emotional, but I can see your point.

In fact I am probably the same because sometimes I cry when I'm tripping and I never cry over anything normally. But tripping makes you a lot more emotional.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4263982 - 06/06/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I watched waking life on acid. It was alright because its like... an animated book of essays or something, but it still wasn't that cool.

--------------------

Male

Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4263990 - 06/06/05 04:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ha! That's an awesome way of describing that movie.

The only other movies I want to watch tripping are:

The Two Towers
Return of the King (I'm gonna take acid and watch all three Extended Editions sometime)

Stop Making Sense

Fantasia 2000

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4263995 - 06/06/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't usually watch movies. I usually just stay sitting where ever I am when the shrooms hit me and just stay there. But usually if I am at my friends house he will pop in a movie or something and it's usually something really violent, so I watch it because I'm there.

Usually when I trip alone is when I have no distractions, silence, and darkness and just meditate the entire time. But you cant do that when there are other people around that arent tripping as well.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #4264002 - 06/06/05 04:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i watched house of a 1000 corpses last halloween on 4grams of  :mushroom2:

it doesnt affect me.. i like horror movies though

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4264008 - 06/06/05 04:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Stop Making Sense

ahh shit i want to see this tripping as well! they were screening it in some cinema in k?benhavn a month or so back, but i didn't have the time to take the train and go see it.

--------------------

Male

Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: Krishna]
    #4264013 - 06/06/05 04:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

There was a screening near here too, and I missed it. I'd like to watch it in the comforts of my girlfriend's psychedelic living room though. :grin:

On two tabs of acid, half a pill of MDA, and a quarter ounce of pot consumed endlessly through a bong.

David Byrne will become God.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Does anyone else enjoy watching violent movies when they are tripping? [Re: Infrared]
    #4264032 - 06/06/05 04:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Good. Glad to see that I'm not the only one. I also love horror movies of all kinds.

I've only seen house of 1000 corpses once. I downloaded it when it was o ut in theaters. It was pretty cool.

Offlinezenmunk
King of thepickle people.
 User Gallery

#4264187 - 06/06/05 04:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

American Psyco while stoned  :thumbup:

--------------------
Like a meteor, like darkness, as a flickering lamp, An illusion, like hoar-frost or a bubble, Like clouds, a flash of lightning, or a dream: So is all conditioned existence to be seen. -buddha

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4264213 - 06/06/05 05:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
No, I hate it. Its a waste of an insightful trip. Its not that cool, I'd rather look at the sky.

I hear that bro.

On another note I had a buddy who loved to watch Pink Floyd's The Wall while tripping. I personally couldn't watch it tripping.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

#4264226 - 06/06/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:

exactly, there's so many more things i'd rather do than watch a movie while tripping ... well, only if it's a music dvd and i would only really want to watch that coming up ...

outside > inside

nature is just so amazing when you're tripping, especially if there's clear skies and the stars are out. breathtaking!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Community >> The Pub