Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Dying in dreams
    #3761808 - 02/10/05 02:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Today I woke up recalling some disturbing dreams I had.I was driving on a busy highway when this guy in another car starts shooting at me,so I try and attempt to dodge all of the bullets only to fail.I recalled dying and my vision just fading and having an intense sensation like leaving my body.It felt like being on a high speed rollercoaster and feeling some intense G's.This hasnt been the only time I've felt this,It's so strange.Has anyone ever had this happened to them?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Dying in dreams [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #3761893 - 02/10/05 02:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I've been told, many times, that you cannot actually "die" in a dream, because you do not know what it is like to die in real life. You can experience everything up to the moment of death itself, but just as the moment comes your dream will either end or change into something else where you are still alive.

I remember an INCREDIBLY vivid dream I had a year or two ago. I was in a house with a bunch of friends, and was aware that a man with a gun was searching through the house for something. I remember thinking that it was just like on TV: all we had to do was hide and when the man with the gun found us we would say "hey man, I'm not the one you're looking for!". He should then just walk away and continue his search. So I told all my friends this, just to hide somewhere and if the man found them to say they weren't the one he wanted.

I "hid" under a table in the kitchen, fully aware that it wasn't exactly a good hiding spot...but I had expected the man to find me all along. He walked into the kitchen and, sure enough, looked right under the table and found me. I put my hands up and said "hey man, I'm not the one you want" as he pointed his gun at me. Suddenly ALL my family and friends were standing around the table, looking down at me with grim faces. The man pulled the trigger, and I FELT the bullet tear through my neck. I felt the blood gush from the wound. It was warm against my skin. I also felt INCREDIBLY shocked, and the words "this isn't how it was supposed to happen" went through my mind. Everything began to fade to black...and I woke up clutching my kneck.

--------------------
Like my post? Hit me up!
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3761903 - 02/10/05 03:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes I have, died twice in dreams and went on to the next plane of awareness. Each experience was a little different. Maybe I'll share them later tonight again since their are so many newbies. I want to go plant some bulbs now, just wanted to let ya know now you arn't alone in it since you asked.

One thing was common between them, the no fear state of being. It's awesome. At best you feel a concern for some people here, how they will cope with your leaving but No fear, nothing close to what is experienced here.

G-force pulls are awesome. When I'm playing with energy I can get that feeling while awake sitting still. It's such a rush!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Dying in dreams [Re: trendal]
    #3761909 - 02/10/05 03:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Tren, I get shot and stabbed and killed in dreams and wake up. When I wake up I am freezing cold, , the place where I got shot or stabbed actually hurts when I wake up and I feel like a corpse. I hate those dreams.

I have had two that were like tranistioning where i didn't wake up, but went on to an after life. I'll share them later for sure!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Dying in dreams [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3762071 - 02/10/05 03:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah when I woke up I could still feel the wound in the side of my neck. In fact, I can still to this day vividly remember the sensation of the bullet tearing through the flesh in my neck.

--------------------
Like my post? Hit me up!
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: Dying in dreams [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3762249 - 02/10/05 04:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

wow. i se to have the worst fears of death. in my waking time. i would clutch hand rails because i was afraid that if i slipped i could fall and break my neck or something and die. sometimes it would get really bad -leading to panic attacks. i've had a couple of death dreams.[about my death, alot about familt members dying]
there was one when i fell off a roof or the top porch of my friends house. i fell for ever and then bam. i hit the ground. i could feel the force of it in my dream. but i still didn't wake up. it felt like my body was slowing down and everything was turning off one by one [heart lungs, nerves, etc] it was so fucking scary cuz after a min or two everything ws pitch blask and silent i didn't even have thoughts [kinda hard to explain] this is when i was younger

a few months ago [this is after i started my shamanic vouyages] i have had a few dreams sbout death but sfter i got to the pitch black ending i would countiue on to energy. its a weird experience. but i have a better grasp of dying, or at least dealing with it.

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

I have had two that were like tranistioning where i didn't wake up, but went on to an after life. I'll share them later for sure!

yes! that how i felt about the latest ones! who its so difficult to put into words!

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
Re: Dying in dreams [Re: juende]
    #3762287 - 02/10/05 04:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The only dream I had which involved me dying was a few years ago.

I was in a garage of some sort, cars of various colors sorounding me. I'm walking with a few of my friends, we here a gunshot followed by loud screaming. I made out the words (which I vaguely remember as) "Run, He has a Gun!" We all Ran, hiding behind pillars, cars, whatever we could find. I never saw the shooter, but I remember getting shot in the neck. Next thing I knew (Still in Dream) I was lying in an ambulance. I saw my freinds standing around me in shock, then my vision went black and I could still hear them talking. "Don't die, Please don't" Eventually I died, and later awoke. The most eerie part of the dream was I never saw the shooter.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3762570 - 02/10/05 05:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, here's the first one. I was in a plane with my hubsband and daughter while we lived in Hawaii, taking off from the runway. I could see out of the cockpit windows. There was a high mountain at the end of the runway. We were going faster and the plane wasn't lifting. It was obvious, we were going to smash into the mountain.

Just before the plane crashed everything went black. I felt like I got pulled from my body before the impact. Then I started to feel really hot and heard moaning and screaming. I thought to myself then, "Fuck , I'm dead and my body must be burning and some people are still alive and burning."

Then I felt myself whoosh up again and everything went white. Again I thought, "yup, I'm dead", yet it was more then fine with me as if I knew I was still alive and okay elsewhere. No sense of loss for myself was experienced at all. My next thought was of my mom. I thought to myself, she is going to get the news that we died in a plane crash and that will devastate her after she also lost another daughter to SIDS.

Then the white became iridescently colored, it was beautiful and I sensed that two beings were now with me only I couldn't see them. They spoke to me and told me to consider the size of a never ending forest. Then they told me that my moms existence and full awareness was as vast as that never ending forest. Then they told me that her awareness of herself as being Grace and the pain and suffering she experiences in this life is the equivalent of the size of a tooth pick in that never ending forest.

Talk about putting things into perspective. Then, I woke up.

In the next one, my daughter and I were on a beach. We wanted to get to the top of the cliff to leave. She took stairs up over to the left and I wanted to climb up the cliffs wall on the right. I told her to go ahead and meet me at the top. I got to the top in a jiffy, it must've been 200 feet up. There was a piece of steel coming out from the rock and I went to grab it to pull myself up over the edge and it started to bend back.

There was a 200 foot refrigerator next to that and I went to grab that only , I just pulled it to start falling with me. At that point, I knew I was fucked and started falling fast looking down. Then, everything stopped.

I thought to myself, Hey, I am laying down, maybe I survived the fall and am just unconscious. My daughter will go for help. NOT! With a whoosh up and out I went and I could see the whole beach scene from there. I was dead. I could feel wind on my face as I whooshed up and was just hovering.

I saw my daughter running down the beach towards some people screaming for help. I felt a need to want to go hover by her, but in that state I wasn't afraid for her to be without me. In waking life, the thought crushes me.

Then I woke up.

If real dying is anything like it was in those two dreams, I have NO problem with it. I love my life and am in no hurry to check out, but I feel really good about what we go onto when the time comes.

If you made it this far, i want to add that a lot of people who beleive in God and angels wonder why they don't help us here and relieve us from our pain and suffering. From the perspective I had on our human existance from the being dead place, our pain and suffering not only looks insignificant, but it seemed that our consciousness here is just a tiny fraction of a larger conscioussness we are in outside of this awarness. It seemed to be that one life here is not a big deal compared to the real BIG DEAL.

At best, it seemed we may feel concerned in an observing sort of way about people here from there.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (02/10/05 05:26 PM)

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3763557 - 02/10/05 08:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LiQuiD_DiMenSioN said:
Dream: I was driving on a busy highway when this guy in another car starts shooting at me,so I try and attempt to dodge all of the bullets only to fail.I recalled dying and my vision just fading and having an intense sensation like leaving my body.It felt like being on a high speed rollercoaster and feeling some intense G's.
This hasnt been the only time I've felt this,It's so strange.

Guns in a dream....!?  You can poke an "I" out with one of those things....  :smirk: 

:eyeball:  :machinegun:

I would HIGHLY suggest you start learning some of Neo's bullet dodging Kata's from the movie The Matrix.... 
Or perhaps get some bullet proof windows, OR avoid the highways completely....!?

I don't get enough sleep in the night to actually have dreams and remember them....  :frown:    Except on weekends....  :thumbup:  But still, I only remember them when it's getting close to the time that I will be waking up - OR if something happens to wake me up while I am dreaming....  And, I know that weed is supposed to stop you from dreaming, but I usually only smoke it 2-4 times a week, if that....  None this week, but no dreams.... 

From last Sunday to now (Thurs), I have only gotten about 12-15 hours of sleep total....  It is the norm, and sometimes it is less....  I seem to be "nocturnal", too bad I have a day job....  :mad:

I will have plenty of time to sleep when I am dead....  :grin:
Perhaps I will have dreams to remember then....(?) 

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology