Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

CDJ (communal dream journal)
    #2971751 - 08/06/04 01:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I find dreams to be intriguing.. especially those with lots of symbolism (which mine often seem to have).  I was thinking it would be cool if everyone posted one (or more) dream they had that they thought to be meaningful, or just interesting.

Here's my entry:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were driving along, my dad and I, and I was thinking about the difference between dreams and waking life... I was looking around in my dream, trying to find something out of place, something not quite detailed enough.. but everything was there.  Every cloud in the sky was the right shape and color, the grass swayed with the wind and the perfect amount of light reflected off of every single blade.

And I thought to myself, ?The feeling changes.. that's the only difference.  The feeling of a dream is different.?  Because I knew I was dreaming.  Then I thought, ?The feeling of waking life changes every day.. What if I'm just dreaming a different dream every time I wake up?  What if it gets more and more real every morning and I just don't notice because I assumed everything was as real as it could be yesterday??

Then we drove by this guy standing in his yard.  He looked like a hick farmer guy.. Overalls, and a big bushy beard.. But he looked friendly.  So my dad says, ?Let's stop and talk to this guy.?  Out of the blue.  I thought it was a good idea, so we stopped and I walked over to him as my dad wandered around the yard aimlessly.  The stranger sat down on his porch and I sat next to him.  ?Hey.?  I said.  ?What's your name??  ?Jason.?  He says back. 

?How you doing today, Jason??  I asked him.  Jason just stared blankly ahead of him for a minute, and then I noticed he had a revolver sitting next to him.  He raised it and put the barrel in his mouth.  ?You don't want to do that.?  I said to him.  He glanced over at me.  He looked sad and exhausted, and he whimpered like a scared little kid. 

?You have people to live for.?  I said.  He shook his head and talked around the barrel, ?No, I don't.?  I reached over and touched his shoulder.  ?You do now.?  I said.  He started to cry, and I hugged him- just reached over and embraced him, in all his unwashed-armpit, farm-fresh stink.  He was shaking like a leaf. 

I took the gun from him, and carried it to his fence, and looked down at it.  It wasn't a gun anymore.  It was a dead piece of wood vaguely shaped like a gun.  I threw it over the fence into the woods where it belonged.  Then I turned and all three of us walked back up towards the road.

Then I woke up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else have a dream they think is interesting, that they'd like to share?

:sleeping:

EDIT:  P.S..  Sorry if someone's already done something like this, I did a search and didn't see anyhing like it. :crazy:

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

Edited by evilchipmunk (08/06/04 01:32 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
Re: CDJ (communal dream journal) [Re: evilchipmunk]
    #2972288 - 08/06/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I dream about mushrooms a lot....
Once there was a circle of majik mushies that if you ate them, you were endowed with powers like that of a super saiyan(dbz ref.) I ate a cap and all the others took off into the air like little u.f.o.'s. After that I flew onto the roof of a nearby house to survey my surroundings. Not really clear on the eventual outcome of this, but I think that it involved some strange adventure. I really do dream about picking, finding, and growing mushrooms a lot. Funny thing is in dreams they usually look way distorted or super trippy. They'll have really long (2-3ft stems) and alice in wonderland type caps. Ahh..too bad I have to wake up.
LOL another weird thing that I remember happening only recently is dreaming within a dream. I will either recount something that I dreamt about a few nights before to a dream person (telling them how I had a lucid dream ironically) or I will actually dream that I am dreaming, wake up in a dream, tell a dream person about the dream-dream or the dream-dream actually comes true in my dream (still following this? Its hard for me too). Like my inner microcosm is trying to tell me something about the nature of waking reality by giving me experiences of absolute clarity while dreaming... LOL, who knows?

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineSamuel
u-knit-e
Female User Gallery

Loc: In the hearts of the A-Te...
Re: CDJ (communal dream journal) [Re: evilchipmunk]
    #2973069 - 08/06/04 07:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

That's really interesting. I wish I knew more about what dreams were supposed to stand for.

I had one recently that I happened to write down:

First, I was in some sort of store, but it was kind of like a children's playroom... kinda.  It had a table anyway. I collected a bunch of things, not knowing why. Then I sit at the table with other people and I realize we had just finished a scavenger hunt for things in the room. We had to collect certain items and inside one of the items was a small blue bird figurine. I was so hopeful, I really wanted that bird to be in one of the items I had collected.

When the woman organizing the hunt looked through my things I had the bird!  Woo!

Somehow, from here my boyfriend and I end up on a ride. We're at the front of a small rollercoaster like thing. There is a steering wheel in front of me, but I pay no attention to it. I'm really excited and nervous, it's like I won something with the blue bird, so Jim (my boyfriend) and I get to have a once in a lifetime opportunity. We bagan by following another car along the track, I remember the woman (who was seated behind me and Jim) telling me that when it came to the fork we were to go the opposite way of the car in front of us.

We went downhill and into a small room where I took pictures with the digital camera I'd brought with me. When leaving that room through the door that we entered the steering wheel leaned toward me and I went to the right, rather than the left, where the car in front of us went.

The woman from behind said "you'll be suprised how those pictures come out."  This confused me, but made me eager to find out.

We went into another room to the left. It was full of people and I took pictures of lots of them. They all just seemed like they were on display for the ride I was on. I remember noticing a woman who had 2 different shoes. They were very different and noticing them made me think "Deja Vu, I've seen that before." So I took a picture.

I don't really remember where the dream went from here, but I woke up really wondering what those pictures were going to look like.

This woman I seem to think of this woman as some sort of spirit guide taking me on an adventure of some sort. Like I'm supposed to gain something from what she's showing me. I didn't really think of it this way until I was awake, and I wished that I had payed much more attention.

Meh, weird dream, and I think it might mean something, but I just wish I knew how to read it. Oh well. :smirk:

Sorry it's so long.

--------------------
:heart: :heart:

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

Re: CDJ (communal dream journal) [Re: dmtrypr]
    #2973141 - 08/06/04 08:22 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hehe!  I dream about mushrooms too.  When I have mushrooms (or anything else) on the brain a lot it seems to carried over to my dreams.  I once had a dream that I was on this weird planet with a purple sun and white grass, and there were all these huge Blue Mushrooms that I would just sit and chill on.

I also have those dreams within dreams quite often.  I had one just the other night, actually, where I was dreaming that I was lucid dreaming.  LOL.. hence the sig.  It was quite cool, since that's one of the only lucid dreams where I've had more control over what was going on.  I have a lot of reoccuring dreams, too, or sometimes fragments of some dreams will drift into others. 

I also have quite a few dreams with tornados, and dreams where I talk with ghosts.. not sure exactly what those represent, either, but the ghosts have told me some pretty interesting things.  :P

Samuel- No problem, long posts are cool!  Those little details in dreams can mean a lot (they do for me, anyway).  I think all dreams do mean something, though exactly what the objects in them symbolize is different for each person. I'm still a long way from figuring out some of mine.. they are freakin' awesome, though.  Sleeping is one of my favorite past times.  :laugh:

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology