Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrazymanja
Bug Eyed Earl
 User Gallery

Loc: I GOT SHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oxygen tablets
    #3754193 - 02/09/05 12:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering if you could use oxygen tablets (kind you drop in bucket to keep live bait from from dying of lack of oxygen) drop in a small cup of water inside the grow chamber to decrease fan so much?

--------------------
"My mom thinks I'm special"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Oxygen tablets [Re: crazymanja]
    #3754283 - 02/09/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think that gets rid of the gases the mushrooms release and you still need fresh air exchange..its more then just the oxygen. This is what I've gathered from posts on this topic. I mean you could try it, sounds like one hell of an expensive thing though when you can just get an airpump or humidifier and never fan...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Oxygen tablets [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3754634 - 02/09/05 02:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hah, you could drop them into the perlite.

i agree with scatman though, it's more cost-effective to use a coolmist humidifier or airpump for o2.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: Oxygen tablets [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3754764 - 02/09/05 03:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Now, if they had a pill that absorbed CO2 that would be cool!

There are chemicals/compounds that will do that, but absorption is eather too insignifigant or too costly or dangerous.

I say give it a shot. Use that along with an air-pump to enrich the displaced air. If you have time, run the pump for a few hours to push out the bad air, turn it off, drop in a tablet, and let the mushrooms relish in thier O2 drink.

Remember, the more O2 they have, the more they digest, the more they digest, the more CO2 they will make. So, a pump will be a nacessity for sure.

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Oxygen tablets [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3754800 - 02/09/05 03:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

baking soda absorbs

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Oxygen tablets [Re: crazymanja]
    #3756414 - 02/09/05 02:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The true goal of "fanning" or moving air is to keep discharged C02 from drowning mycelium and mushrooms. Remember that C02 is heavier than 02, so as the mushrooms exhaust C02 gas, it tends to "pool" at the bottom of most fruiting chambers, drowning the areas where mushrooms are usually trying to develop.

Well designed home chambers will have some sort of vent or C02 "drain" situated around substrate level to allow exhaust gases to dispell. Otherwise you have to manually fan in fresh air, effectively "flushing" out the stale and pooled C02 at the bottom of your chamber.

I don't really think the use of 02 Tabs would have the desired results you are seeking. A well situated C02 drain vent and some sort of automated fan setup bringing in fresh air would be the best.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds