Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well.
    #3723603 - 02/03/05 06:09 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe "The Entheobotanical and Gardening Forum"

I really like the name of the entho garden tho, so maybe you should just mention it in the discription. There are already posts along those lines in the forum occasionally, but unless you frequent that forum then you wouldnt know that. I guess either that or there should be a seperate gardening forum but i cant see it getting much traffic, so i think the two should be together. Anyways im sure there are quite a few shroomery members who have their own vegtable gardens, and might like to share tips and such, and help out those who are new to it. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: blaze2]
    #3723612 - 02/03/05 06:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>there should be a seperate gardening forum

Culinary Arts
This forum is dedicated to the discussion of all food related topics, including: Cooking, Gardening, Home-Brewing, Diet & Nutrition, Proper Wine Selection, Throwing a Dinner Party, Bee-Keeping, Raising Livestock, Trout Farming,....

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: Anno]
    #3724006 - 02/03/05 09:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Woops my bad Ive never actually paid attention to that forum sorry. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: blaze2]
    #3728009 - 02/03/05 11:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hehe.  also ethnobotanical doenst mean drug/herb type plants.  it means plants that are used.  therefor any plant that is used, crafts, houses, eating etc could techniaclly go there.  and there are threads about non tripping type plants.  but many dont care to discuss them there :frown:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: kadakuda]
    #3729157 - 02/04/05 05:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

This forum is for asking questions and giving advice on garden setup, plant care, harvest, preservation, and usage of various entheogens.

Main Entry: entheogen
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: any substance, such as a plant or drug, taken to bring on a spiritual experience
Example: Entheogen is supposed to be a kinder term than hallucinogen or psychedelic.
Etymology: lit. `generating the divine within'
Usage: entheogenic adj

Anno spelled it out pretty well..

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3731235 - 02/04/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I never bothered with Culinary Arts, but the Ethnobotanical Garden Description includes garden setup. There's no special garden setup for plant entheogens than there is for any other plant. So I'd say this includes gardening in general.

Quote:

This forum is for asking questions and giving advice on garden setup, plant care, harvest, preservation, and usage of various entheogens.

There's been many a post in EG about "normal" plants and normal gardening. It's just that a lot of the members are more interested in entheogens.

I certainly won't move posts about "normal" gardening or gardening in general.

I'd also reccomend changing the forum description to match the forum name. That is change "entheogens" to Ethnobotanicals, or change Ethnobotanical Garden to Entheogen Garden. But I'd favor the former.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: neuro]
    #3731250 - 02/04/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just wanted to say, you are an awesome mod at the garden neuro.

I think the garden accepts all plants, they don't have to be "special," that just makes them more interesting.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: neuro]
    #3732151 - 02/04/05 07:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

neuro said:
I'd also reccomend changing the forum description to match the forum name. That is change "entheogens" to Ethnobotanicals, or change Ethnobotanical Garden to Entheogen Garden. But I'd favor the former.

thats where i was coming from, teh forum name suggests anything really.

i'll second that, neuro is a awsome mod.  always a pleasure reading his stuff.  hope you never leave man!

i cant wait for entheo to get back and posting.  sounds liek he has some pretty cool info regarding herbs and his garden.  then all teh normal trippy plant stuff he always shares :smile:

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: kadakuda]
    #3734503 - 02/05/05 08:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yea Neuro is awesome, and I know that you dont delete threads about normal plants, I posted one a looong time ago about an ailing habanero plant, and respones. What i meant is that unless you frequent that forum then you probrobaly wont know that its ok, unless you know the exact definition of the word Ethnobotanicals. Also i think its a little strange that the two should be split, certainly there is something for both the normal and the spiritual gardeners to learn from each other.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3738045 - 02/05/05 10:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

some think that gardening in itself is a spiritual experience

<---

defiantly my favourite forum here...without a doubt.

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #3740683 - 02/06/05 01:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The EG forum always considered any type of plant fair game for discussion.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: Ripple]
    #3747552 - 02/07/05 08:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:yesnod:

I even asked some questions about gardenias that was answered. 

They smell so pretty.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: I think that the "Enthobotanical Garden" should cover "regular" gardens as well. [Re: theocean06]
    #3751364 - 02/08/05 03:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

aww shucks :blush:.

Thanks guys.

I've been eagerly waiting for entheo to post again, granted I probably don't miss him as much as you guys do since i talk to him regularly, but still, I miss him none the less.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder