Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Ethno Garden sub forum?
    #3926703 - 03/16/05 04:58 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Hello, I was thinking that a pest/disease sub forum for the garden would be nice. Mushrooms have their own contamination forum, and plants are just as susceptible to diseases, and there are always pests looking to do them harm. Would it be possible to add this? Does anyone feel this would make a nice addition (besides me)?

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheocean06

Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: theocean06]
    #3937039 - 03/18/05 06:08 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Anyone? :frown:

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3938134 - 03/18/05 10:55 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

I think it sounds great and makes perfect sense.

That said I'll tell you what the admins will probrobly say, "There isnt enough traffic in that forum to justify cluttering the boards with yet another forum." or something along those lines. I think they are right tho. The garden doesnt get enough posts for it to make sense. You subcatagorize things when there is too much stuff. There just isnt. I still think its a good idea tho. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: blaze2]
    #3940361 - 03/19/05 02:46 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Id say the garden should be catigorized, including Pests..

A cacti section, cannabis, poppies adn other.

But its true that the garden isnt a huge part of the comunity.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: Legoulash]
    #3940673 - 03/19/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Yeah, the new category thing would work here as well :thumbup:

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: delta9]
    #3940744 - 03/19/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

I agree. :smile:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #3949692 - 03/21/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

I would wait to hear from the moderators of Ethno before implementing this idea.
It doesn't sound like a bad one though, as it is specific and certainly related to the Ethno forum!

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: geokills]
    #3949827 - 03/21/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Well somthing along the lines of The Nooks web site. Because there are alot of good posts that get lost, with dumb question that have been asked time and time again.. Like with poppies and cannabis.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3951471 - 03/21/05 10:09 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I saw this thread, i've been reflecting on it.

Regarding the sub-forums: Things i wonder about are if there will be enough posts to warrant a sub-forum and if i gotta search out all the pest posts and move them to that sub-forum as well as other posts for other possible sub-forums.

Categorization: Sounds like fun but what do these categories really accomplish other than another line of text on the forums. And do i have to add categories too? I'd imagine only one or the other would be implemented as it'd be redundant to do both.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: neuro]
    #3952053 - 03/22/05 12:30 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

categories make more sense. There is a little menu at the bottom that you can use to filter with, so say you only want ot look at questions about DMT containing plants, you select it and it filters out only the DMT threads. I think that could be usefull.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: blaze2]
    #3953184 - 03/22/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Would past posts realy need to be searched out and catigorized?? Because There are only a few thing that Would need to be brought back from the dead imo.

MJ's pedro guide, Neuros Absinthe and Bonsia guide.. Oh and every thread started by Ethenomation(Sp?) Alcaloidaholic(Sp?) Hes was great to have around.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: Legoulash]
    #3954048 - 03/22/05 02:18 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

yea I think the really good threads should be sorted out too but alot of the stuff in the past can just be left alone. I just had an idea is there anyway to make a thread sticky only when you are filtering the forum like say I filter cactuses and then MJ's pedro guide would be a sticky, Neuros absinthe guide would be sticky if I filtered absinthe. Is that possible?

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Offlinetheocean06

#3954098 - 03/22/05 02:33 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

No, I don't think it would be necessary to go back and do anything with the threads. I think we could just create the pest/disease/plant deficiency sub forum and leave it - people will make new threads in that sub forum. I don't think categories in the Garden would be necessary, and don't really see it working out. There are too many different plants out there, and you can?t really make it general categories (what would you do, cacti and plants?).

And with your Absinthe thread, and mjshroomer's thread (among others), I don't think they should be stickied (no disrespect to you or the time you put into making that thread) but rather put into one sticky that has a bunch of helpful links. I know there is a section already in the FAQ about helpful links, but maybe giving them their own sticky would be more appropriate?

--------------------

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3954301 - 03/22/05 03:28 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I suppose we can try the disease/pest/subforum thing, but I still don't think there are enough frequency of threads to warrant it, but really i guess that's an arbitrary thing. If it starts to get stagnant we can always kill it i guess. But I'd sorta like to keep it from snowballing into a whole mess of subforums. Maybe just use that forum and use categories or the stickied post idea.

About the sticky vs categories.

I can see the argument both ways. And I sorta like both. Perhaps only adding categories to the really good threads ont he subjects, which will be defined by user submissions of what they consider to be good threads and are worth being included in a category filter search thing. Or the same way if we were to implement it into it's own sticky thread (that's better maintained than i have been doing with the FAQ)

I guess we could put it up to a debate or vote of the people in EG or something. Cause really i'm sitting on the fence as both seem equally efficacious to me.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #3954558 - 03/22/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

As far as the categorization goes, i'm more a proponent of putting anything relevant, even if it's been asked and answered a hundred times, into the appropriate category.
Who knows, something trivial might be useful.
As i see it, it's a filter for the categories....still searchable. SHouldn't everything be included?

As far as the stickies, why not make a fav. threads sticky? Or a best threads, or however you wish to name it. Restrict it to substantially informative posts/resources, and you're good to go. Saves space for us 20 threads at a time users, and reduces clutter.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Ethno Garden sub forum? [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3956757 - 03/22/05 09:57 PM (19 years, 23 hours ago)

I dont think that the garden needs a pests subforum, but I think teh categories would be helpfull, maybe not nesaccary but definately usefull. I wasnt talking about making a thread sticky when you are viewing the forum as it now, what I meant is that if it was categorized (which by teh way wouldnt have to be by plant I think it would work better if it was done by chemical or chemical classes like say DMT, LSA, MAOIs, Mescaline/cactus, THC/Marijuana, Opium/poppies, etc.) and you filtered it to show only Mescaline/cactus, then the MJ pedro guide would be a sticky, but only when viewing the forum filtered. If you switched it over to absinthe, then Neuro's absinthe thread would be a sticky, and MJ's pedro guide would not even be there. Does that make more sense?

I think that pests could easily be just a category of the main forum.

Since people post in there about their regular gardens as well maybe there could be a subforum for that. It would probrobly get as much traffic as the radio subforum does, and it would keep the questions about tomatos seperate from the pot questions.

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies