Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Where is all of the supporter money going to go?
    #3710394 - 01/31/05 09:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

on the main threrad last i saw 41 supporters had joined this is just the first half day so i can assume that it will grow much bigger, but from those 41 users @ $5 a piece is $205 a month and 2,460 a year. now im going to go ahead and say that im sure we can see this figure atleast quadruple (4x since i spelled it wrong)
leaving the shroomery with about $10,000 $9840 to be exact. and that is with 164 supporters.

lets say the number grows to 200 supporters $12,000 a year is coming in, at 300 supporters is 18,000 a year. aproaching a sum of money that someone could feasably live on for a year!

now i know that matienence of this site isnt going to cost that much. so whre is this money going to go?

also from the legal stand point, with the server being in the u.s  you have created a financial entity basically a business. im not sure of the legal orginisation of the shroomery if it has been formed as a corporation, a LLC, a sole proprietorship or what, but you can be assured that someone is going to be looking for tax money.

being a busines law student i can help out with some of these problems and give some advise if it is needed. but just be careful the goverment is going to want to take atleast 28% of this money and thats with a LLC corporate filing, if its a sole proprietor ship its the same, if its a corporation you might be looking at from 28% to 33% depending on your status.

anyways i have to run.. but this is a matter that needs to be resolved if it is not allready, just lookin out for the site, i would hate to see the servers seised for back tac money :blush: !

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Where is all of the supporter money going to go? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3713355 - 02/01/05 12:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

can no one give an answer to this question?

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #3714223 - 02/01/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I posted about this in the mod forum yesterday, I'll just copy and paste:

In the past we've discussed opening our books, in fact it was put to a vote in the mod forum but ultimately declined. Although specific details of our finances aren't really the community's concern, I can definitely outline some of the areas we'll be spending capital in the future. I have no idea what amount will come from the supporters, it depends on the program's success but I imagine it will be a small percentage compared to banner revenue. Anyway, here are some things we're pursuing which all need some kind of funding:

• Shroomery Radio
  • Toll-free contact number
  • Business and legal expenses
  • Admin restructuring
  • Hardware upgrades
  • Software licenses
  • New sites
  • Hiring contractors

This is just a list off the top of my head and we have new projects coming up all the time. The problem hasn't been a lack of vision or ideas, it's been a lack of motivation and resources. The supporter program should help give us a chance to fully realize the Shroomery's potential.

Peace,

-Y

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Where is all of the supporter money going to go? [Re: Ythan]
    #3714648 - 02/01/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
The supporter program should help give us a chance to fully realize the Shroomery's potential.

How many confirmed Supporters are there now? I know I bought a few for other people and they have not yet been online to activate them.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: Where is all of the supporter money going to go? [Re: Jim]
    #3714745 - 02/01/05 05:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

There are currently 44 confirmed supporters :laugh:. There are also 5 orders which are in our system but have not been completed yet.

-Y

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3715627 - 02/01/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

zip- youre in law school?

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #3716017 - 02/01/05 09:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey zippoz,

With respect to your legal concerns for our community, thank you for caring!  The Shroomery is currently owned and operated by Mind Media, Inc., a California based S-corporation.  Ythan is the President of Mind Media, Thor is the Secretary, Anno is our Senior Tech Advisor, Vamp is our Resident Linux Bitch (:grin:), and I am the Treasurer. 

I am not privy to all of the financial history of this website, but I assure you from the time I have been handling finances we have kept detailed books and are making every effort to proceed in legitimate and legal fashion.  If you have any other concerns or questions, by all means fire me a PM and we can hash it out.  I'm not a professional, so this is still a learning process for me and I'd love to hear about anything else that may warrant consideration. :sun:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Where is all of the supporter money going to go? [Re: geokills]
    #3716436 - 02/01/05 10:22 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thats great i always wondered if the shroomery actually had a business structure. i am ont in law school, but have been oging to college for business for about 3 years, and have taken all of the busines law courses i can. this semester i get international business and law.

its great to see that things are well taken acre of and i will be firing you a pm geo as soon as i get back from this road trip im on, currently im hijacking high speed internet from a holiday inn in the bibile belt :blush:

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies